R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Guess it really is "Mamba Out" this time. RIP young man.

1580076103040.png

As a dad, one of my biggest fears is my wife and I traveling without our youngest and something happening. I know that’s an irrational fear, but I can’t bring myself to travel without her. It’s selfish I guess, but I figure that if something tragic happens while traveling at least we’ll all be gone and she won’t be left alone without both parents. :frown:

Man, what a tragedy for all the lives affected by this loss. Can’t even wrap my head around it, tbh.

My senior quote was from Kobe.

"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise."

Damn this hurts.
One of my favorite quotes of his. This is going to take a bit of time to really sink in. Dude became my favorite player of all time after hating him so much as a kid. Was a big Jordan fan like many kids around that time and so when he first started to really get going i was like...whose this guy think he is? Hes no Jordan! Nope! Never even close! Then he made me eat those words and as i grew up watching him play seeing his drive his fierce leadership hearing his words watching him overcome professional and personal challenges that would destroy the average man. He became a legend right before our eyes and my personal number 1.

but as much as I used to hate to admit, he was my Jordan. On top of that, his contributions after basketball made me admire him even more. I'm sad to see that he and the other people including his daughter passed and I REALLY wanted to see the things he would as he got older.

All of this. I really loved to root against this guy. I’d toothily grin and say some bs about how he ain’t mike or TIm Duncan was better....(which is true)...but I know deep down that Kobe was THAT. Dude was special man. Every damn thing he did was entertaining. Tuning in to him scoring 81 or miss shots...it was a show, and he was a true hooper. One of the guys that moved the game. Inspiring with his work ethic and drive. Just one of those sports figures we all knew was that guy.

It sucks. A lot of is grew up on him, and were inspired in some way or fashion by him. His daughter passing too hits me at my core man. That’s just the worst right there :smh:.

Back
Top Bottom