R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Remembering begging my dad for these, I know that $200 price point had to hurt! Showed up to school with those on and got clowned so hard for rocking moon boots lol. When the season started my boy Charles picked the team shoe, it was some Reebok above the rims. I was like hell nah bruh I’m rocking my Kobe’s for all our home games. I wanted to be like him so bad

Those shoes were ugly as sin. A friend of mine had a pair and I clowned him so hard for it. Looked absolutely hideous on feet whether you had pants, shorts, etc...

I could understand why Kobe wanted out of Adidas at the time.

83126844_10219147263405794_4348654649193005056_n.jpg

Rest easy, Kobe and Gigi

I’m not gonna be ready for all the flashbacks 10... 20... 30 years from now. Gonna be in my 60s by then.

It's like hearing Patrick mahommes retired today. Clearly it's more severe but that's the type of shock I experienced; like.... what? This is WAY too soon! Like this best days are ahead of him. Man. I might have to touch that court today.

It just feels like the whole world was robbed of decades of more greatness, usually when celebs have past, they’ve already been to the top and peaked and their deaths came while they had come back down, MJ, Williams, Houston, etc

Kobe man!...dude still had so much to offer us AND his daughter as well.

What’s been bugging me is that THIS tribute
isn’t supposed to be happening RIGHT NOW. It’s still hard to accept this MONUMENTAL LOSS in our lives.

E6F32B4A-27A6-43BB-8C79-59C5FD3A78AB.jpeg

Crazy... still can't believe it.

I can't imagine what was going on in that cabin as things took a turn for the worst.

I'm about to go to this country end of the week for work called Guadalupe and I have to fly on a smaller aircraft... I'm nervous as ever :smh:

Yesterday and this morning before I left home, every station is paying tribute to Kobe. Here at work we're all listening to the radio personalities that Kobe came in contact with... Seems like my head cant steer clear from this event.

Anyways, I might have to get out the house for a moment. I'll be too sadden sitting at home. I put together a fit... One time for the time...

Shots out to all Kobe supporters and fans...
This is truly a What The Kobe moment... Sighhhh...
20200127_122013.jpg
20200127_122037.jpg

Last edited:

The pilot was flying according to “Visual Flight Rules,” or VFR, meaning that he was relying on his ability to see the terrain below him, and hence had to stay below the clouds. As an alternative, he could have contacted air traffic controllers and switched to “Instrument Flight Rules,” or IFR, that would have allowed him to climb up through the clouds. Controllers would have given him a series of waypoints to follow that would keep him well clear of terrain, dangerous weather, and other aircraft. Flying IFR, however, is time-consuming and constrains pilots to following the directions of controllers. “Southern California airspace is extremely busy, and they might tell you to wait an hour,” assistant professor of aviation at the City University of New York Paul Cline told me. “You’re just one of many waiting in line, and it doesn’t matter if you’re Kobe Bryant

Man...I saved up for a long time to cop those. But...I really wanted the American flag ones that he wore and never released.
its crazy hearing bron tell the story about how Kobe gave him those shoes to wear when he was in HS. Bron wore a size 15 and Kobe wore a size 14 and he STILL played in them the next day....in the most important game of his life at that time. The televised game against Oakhill and Melo

34EC6FDA-8DA2-4B39-89B1-CC8BE485AABC.jpeg

The pilot was flying according to “Visual Flight Rules,” or VFR, meaning that he was relying on his ability to see the terrain below him, and hence had to stay below the clouds. As an alternative, he could have contacted air traffic controllers and switched to “Instrument Flight Rules,” or IFR, that would have allowed him to climb up through the clouds. Controllers would have given him a series of waypoints to follow that would keep him well clear of terrain, dangerous weather, and other aircraft. Flying IFR, however, is time-consuming and constrains pilots to following the directions of controllers. “Southern California airspace is extremely busy, and they might tell you to wait an hour,” assistant professor of aviation at the City University of New York Paul Cline told me. “You’re just one of many waiting in line, and it doesn’t matter if you’re Kobe Bryant

Thanks for the info ninjahood ninjahood - the private company running these helicopter shuttle services should've grounded their flights. The fog was ridiculously bad, that even LAPD grounded their heli fleet.

Too little to late, RIP to Kobe and all on the flight again.

Back
Top Bottom