R.I.P Neil Armstrong, First man on the Moon

There's an episode of Mythbusters on this where they completely debunked all of the conspiracy theories that we never landed on the moon.
There is a laser transponder on the moon that we can shine a laser off of and contact with.

HOW ELSE would we contact it? 

Miss me with the "we could use drones"

Yeah, i'm talking about the late 60s. 
Who says we didn't JUST put it there?
Who says theres not a monster under your bed when you're asleep? 

Instead of just taking other people's word for it one way or the other, how about actually trying to find out for yourselves? Taking things on second hand hearsay and rumors is half the reason why so many of you guys buy into these crackpot theories in the first place.

-R.I.P. Neil Armstrong
You do understand that at the end of all of the research you do you will be taking someone else's word for it right?

EVERYTHING is hearsay. You weren't there.

Last edited:
Instead of just taking other people's word for it one way or the other, how about actually trying to find out for yourselves? Taking things on second hand hearsay and rumors is half the reason why so many of you guys buy into these crackpot theories in the first place.

-R.I.P. Neil Armstrong
You do understand that at the end of all of the research you do you will be taking someone else's word for it right?

If you're going to "Wag the Dog"/"Truman Show" everything, then you should show why what YOU know is valid then.

Unless you want this to devolve into a debate over epistemology. 
eyes.gif

Of course, but then I could just the same about any research you did that led to the opposite conclusion.

The difference is dependability of evidence. 

How do I know my mom is my biological mom? And my Dad? Don't get me started.

I wasn't there; it's all hearsay

I am speaking of history smart guy. When it comes to history, it is all information passes down that could have been lost in translation. WE technically don't KNOW what is right or wrong. We have to put faith in what we hear is the truth.

It is faith.

You know all about faith right Silly Putty?

Are you trying to say my conception and birth isn't a part of human history? I assure you it is. I just wasn't there. My Mom and Dad could be impostors for all I know. It's just hearsay after all. 

For the sake of brevity:

Now, don't get me wrong. The US government lies their ***** off about any little thing.

But I have no reason to think we didn't go to the moon otherwise. 

Technically you are right. It could be discovered that your parents are not your parents. But we both know that isn't what we are discussing. My feet are tired, I don't want to dance to this song the DJ is playing.

Parents? I'm just discussing your logical fallacy. Insert whatever example you'd like and the ridiculousness remains.

I understand why me pointing it out would make you want to leave the club and go home with your tail between your legs. 

An essential part of critical thinking is not to take anything for granted, but c'mon DC, seriously? You're better than this.

We might as well just say "cogito ergo sum" and be done with it.

Last edited:
My main point just went against the idea of people, "Doing their own research and not believing what they hear." And I simply said either way you are going to have to subscribe to someone else's views no matter what you believe in.

for the people that say we have been to the moon. can u please tell me why we havent been there again?

supposedly theres nothing there.

i dont think we ever went to the moon

RIP to Neil though

My main point just went against the idea of people, "Doing their own research and not believing what they hear." And I simply said either way you are going to have to subscribe to someone else's views no matter what you believe in.
Yeah. 

But then again, I listen to what the doctor tells me because I establish a degree of trust based on repeatively established patterns of successful interaction.

Thats not faith.

Its trust.

Trust is basically what a scientific theory is. You come up with a model that explains a scenario within a easily and often replicated set of parameters. Then you use that model to make predictions of what you expect to happen absolutely every time OR within a reasonable statistical degree of comfort.

Faith is basically taking everything at face value and not taking the time to evaluate anything you ever learn. Its the lack of rationality. 

Is it efficient to accept claims based on those who've established their credibility? Sure. But you have to learn to TRUST them based on their ability to legitimize themselves. 

Oh, and you don't have "a point" at all other than to just act like you're going to pull out the socratic method to chip away a philosophical stance you really don't understand.

No offense, but it is, what it is. 

Last edited:
The people that tell me that we never landed on the moon are the same people who like to talk about the deep philosophical meaning behind "The Matrix".

Trust and Faith are 2nd cousins.
They're actually not.

They're entirely different concepts rooted in the evaluation of the premises that you choose to inform yourself to make a decision, or the lack thereof. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom