Race Relations in the United States - Let's Dialogue and Educate

And that whole "speaks so well" comment, I don't get that per se, but if someone says it to me I hit them with the 
indifferent.gif
. Like, how do you expect me to talk. I went to school and learned, dummy 
laugh.gif
. Idk, people like that always kind of amused me. I don't get offended but within the context of the situation, I'd tell you about yourself.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by cap1229

I just hate the "but you speak so well" crap.
grin.gif
People actually say that to you? From other races? 
I usually get that from other black people, but nobody from any other race has hit me with that one before. 

Yes ppl from other races and black ppl. White folks assume Ima "safe" black by outward appearances and the gentleness of my face and smile. Black folks can only try and $$#!% me...once. The kind of racism I've had thrown my way is appalling when I think about it but Im able to manuver so whatever.

Originally Posted by beh235

I don't think people really understand the magnitude of slavery from a mental, financial, and social aspect. It's really profound.
Of course they don't. They especially get on my nerves when they hit us with the , "Obama is president, you can do anything." Yea sure. We know his background, we know that presidents all come from non-humbled beginnings. We know people are hand selected to become presidents. And we know that he is not a Black American. So please stop saying that to us. It makes no sense and it is infuriating.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by slickp42189

yea im going to check out the isis papers, but this is a dead horse and the more i think about it the more i think the only way racism will go away is if absolutely every black person dates outside of their race, i dont mean hispanic, i mean asian or white with blacks

for a while i thought preservation was the key but then i immediately realized thats only fueling racial barriers, so in order to truly transcend racial lines i honestly think all black people have to procreate with asians or whites for several generations

BUT it wont start with me, i love black women too much
laugh.gif
 So everyone in the world can be tan huh?
But the rest of the world has bought into the "Black is Ugly" propoganda as well, so good luck with that pipe dream. 

It is sad that we feel that is the only option for all of this to end. So what happens to the kids? They aren't "pure" so they will get it too. Might not get it as much as American Blacks but they won't be of the majority.

Man this will never end. I want to wake up in 500 years to see how things will be.

#WillieLynch
yea, thats the only answer i can come up with while working with the racist state of mind, and the kids will be fine, are you serious? ALL of the mixed kids i know get the PROS of both races and none of the cons
same here, i definitely want to see the world 500 yrs into the future, but willie lynch and jim crow are fictitious characters they never existed, that lynch speech was given by an anonymous plantation owner 

grin.gif

i've gotten this over the phone. when they asked for my name, i tell them and they ask my race and i tell them.. and i get hit with that. like, what exactly were you expecting?

anyway, what i dislike are these closet racists that throw out slick remark then want to back track with the "im not racist i have so and so as friends"

perfect example is JD214.

I've pointed it out numerous times how this dude will take a shot at black people and people said I was crazy. Once you dudes caught on, he pulled that "i get cosigned by black dudes" crap.

it's bad enough a person is so ignorant they judge by the color of the skin.

but to be a vagina about it and not just come out and say you are? that is truly pathetic.

I don't think people really understand the magnitude of slavery from a mental, financial, and social aspect. It's really profound.
Of course they don't. They especially get on my nerves when they hit us with the , "Obama is president, you can do anything." Yea sure. We know his background, we know that presidents all come from non-humbled beginnings. We know people are hand selected to become presidents. And we know that he is not a Black American. So please stop saying that to us. It makes no sense and it is infuriating.

Obama's not a black man in the united states with black children?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

grin.gif

i've gotten this over the phone. when they asked for my name, i tell them and they ask my race and i tell them.. and i get hit with that. like, what exactly were you expecting?

anyway, what i dislike are these closet racists that throw out slick remark then want to back track with the "im not racist i have so and so as friends"

perfect example is JD214.

I've pointed it out numerous times how this dude will take a shot at black people and people said I was crazy. Once you dudes caught on, he pulled that "i get cosigned by black dudes" crap.

it's bad enough a person is so ignorant they judge by the color of the skin.

but to be a vagina about it and not just come out and say you are? that is truly pathetic.
the typical one is "i just have a preference. Ya'll dudes mad over nothing."
eyes.gif

He was not born by two Black American Parents. I am referring to people telling people that share THAT quality that they are able to do anything since Big O was able to become the President.

Obama is not a black American? I guess you learn something new every day. I do agree with the point that DC brought up about other races saying "if Obama can do it, you can do it" uh nah, it's just not that simple.

I honestly and truly believe the only way the majority of white people would understand what it's like to be a minority in this country, is if the majority became the minority. It's already been said that eventually minorities will make up the majority in the coming years. Now of course it would take years of change after that, but just imagine if some of the things that effect us today effects caucasians in the future. Maybe then they would understand why minorities in the past were so frustrated with how things are.

Be real. Obama was born off of the coast. Automatically from that people view him as exotic. He wasn't born in the lower 48. He has a white mother and a Kenyan father. He and I are not alike there. Show me the point in history that a Black American is the president then talk to me. Someone that wasn't hand picked while in the Sk u ll and C-r-o --s-s -b-o n -es Frat. You all know there is a BIG difference between him and those that endure this nonsense that AMerica throws their way.
Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

I honestly and truly believe the only way the majority of white people would understand what it's like to be a minority in this country, is if the majority became the minority. It's already been said that eventually minorities will make up the majority in the coming years. Now of course it would take years of change after that, but just imagine if some of the things that effect us today effects caucasians in the future. Maybe then they would understand why minorities in the past were so frustrated with how things are.

Whites can be the minority in number but the people running this whole system will still be the same people that currently run it. Aliens, Elite, Illuminated Ones, whatever you want to call them. They will never be the minority.

Be real. Obama was born off of the coast. Automatically from that people view him as exotic. He wasn't born in the lower 48. He has a white mother and a Kenyan father. He and I are not alike there. Show me the point in history that a Black American is the president then talk to me. Someone that wasn't hand picked while in the Sk u ll and C-r-o --s-s -b-o n -es Frat. You all know there is a BIG difference between him and those that endure this nonsense that AMerica throws their way.

I'm not trying to hear that man. He still had that white lady shake her finger in his face like he was a little boy and has had his black wife insulted. He isn't exotic to me. He is just like some of my family members...mixed but not light enough to pass or want too. His mixing is just closer than in my family.

DCAllAmerican wrote:

Who exactly from the US views him as "exotic"? It sure isn't the media outlets nor the rebel flag waving crowd. Sure, he is half-white, but the only people
who recognize that are the one's who feel guilty and try to "take ownership" of him (you know what I mean). So to everybody looking at him, he's black,

and that's about it.

I never once said that Obama is immune to racism Cap. You clearly didn't see me say that. I simply said that to say "he did it you can do it" to a regular inner city black kid just isn't right. That is ALL I said.

Exotic = Not a Normal Black Man in America. Because if he were, he wouldn't be where he is.

Nobody said he passes for white. Stop misquoting me please.
Eleborate on this, are you saying that a "normal black man" can't accomplish what he has?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Why? Because we are the worst possible animal that this world has to offer. Why would they allow one of us to have that seat? There is no reason to believe it would/could happen. Let a black man get that seat and maybe, just maybe black men can understand that they are capable of doing anything. These kids in the hood don't relate to Obama man. I wish people would understand that.

Take for instance that Herman Cain situation. I honestly feel that the Republican Party was trolling us. They just put that/him out there for a few laughs. We knew that dude wasn't going to be taken serious, Godfather Pizze with all of these sexual encounters of his past coming to the forefront? All of this within a 2 month span. Man that was a joke.

Honestly when you're winning you don't care about the losing team. Rookies on the Lakers think they are better than they are because they are Lakers. But they don't realize if the Wizards drafted them they would be in a whole different world. Its all how the ping pong balls bounce man.

Great analogy. This goes into the idea that poor whites have been conditioned to believe that they are still better than poor people of color.

I truly hope the White race is persecuted as my people were
one day. Call me what you want but they need to experience
first hand. Then we'll see how many "Your ancestors were
treated like animals? Oh, just get over it and move on, kthanxbai"
responses we'd get.

DC, you have fair points. That's the problem though, there is no reasonable tangible way to deal with it now. It's so far gone, you can't begin to specify in what way the wrong can be righted. Hell, a good start would to acknowledge that it was an injustice done to black people. We are the only group brought to America against our will. Everyone else chose to come here. To slicks point, how would interracial dating get rid of racism? That just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think people really understand the magnitude of slavery from a mental, financial, and social aspect. It's really profound.
not just dating, procreating and marriage, from my experiences and observations of social interactions, anything that can separate a brown skinned person from the avg black american works and it dissociates them from the stigma that comes along with their race, zoe saldana is clearly black, but you would be hard pressed to get many whites, and even blacks, to agree with you on that one, a bunch of mixed kids would definitely blur racism

Exotic = Not a Normal Black Man in America. Because if he were, he wouldn't be where he is..

Eleborate on this, are you saying that a "normal black man" can't accomplish what he has?

Originally Posted by CJ863

responses we'd get.
laugh.gif

Honestly when you're winning you don't care about the losing team. Rookies on the Lakers think they are better than they are because they are Lakers. But they don't realize if the Wizards drafted them they would be in a whole different world. Its all how the ping pong balls bounce man.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

DC, you have fair points. That's the problem though, there is no reasonable tangible way to deal with it now. It's so far gone, you can't begin to specify in what way the wrong can be righted. Hell, a good start would to acknowledge that it was an injustice done to black people. We are the only group brought to America against our will. Everyone else chose to come here. To slicks point, how would interracial dating get rid of racism? That just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think people really understand the magnitude of slavery from a mental, financial, and social aspect. It's really profound.
not just dating, procreating and marriage, from my experiences and observations of social interactions, anything that can separate a brown skinned person from the avg black american works and it dissociates them from the stigma that comes along with their race, zoe saldana is clearly black, but you would be hard pressed to get many whites, and even blacks, to agree with you on that one, a bunch of mixed kids would definitely blur racism

Sorry Slick, but I think that viewpoint is short sighted and blanketed. It would still cause problems with the mixed children with the whole "tragic mulatto" complex. To add to that, say it did "solve" the racism problem, you forget that we are still all human beings. In society, American society in particular, we feel the need to feel separate from others in some shape or form. So while you would think you would solve one problem, there would be another form of exclusion, elitism etc created among your beige legion
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Get that JaVale McGee logic outta here lol

Originally Posted by CJ863

responses we'd get.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom