Racism 1, The Nomad 0

Who gives a **** about the stereotypes he reinforced, If people are simply going to judge him ( a stranger) on that just to reassure their ignorant way of thinking and to generalize that "oh see I was right, these ******* are all mad and angry...cant control their temper"...That is on them...NOT THE OP. It's his job to make sure these people don't get the wrong idea about black men? You serious?

It's his fault that these idiots want to continue to generalize a group of people?

Could OP have acted in a better manner like he's done in the past? Sure. He snapped and I cant knock him for that, everybody has a limit to how much abuse they can take
So acting like a ignorant fool is the answer?

I'm not pulling a damn near senior citizen out of a car in the middle of the street to beat his ***, over something i'm not sure if he even said or not because it was in totally different language.

I'm at the point in my life I'm not risking my freedom or safety (i.e. going to jail or getting ****** up) over words somebody says unless you're talking about my mother. If you put your hands on me or threaten me we're wrecking though.

My homegirl is lightskin, 5'11, with a fat ***. ANYTIME we're out some ignorant negro got a comment to make. Do I engage in a argument with them?...Hell no. I say "you right she do gotta fat *** cuz" and keep it pushing. At the end of the day THEY'RE salty, NOT me. When you let people's words make you act that far out of character they've already won.
Im not even arguing that. Yes I can agree his mistake was getting into a physical altercation (even though he's mentioned he's held back numerous times in the past) but his mistake wasnt perpetuating a stereotype that is stamped on black men which was what you were directly implying in your initial post. That's garbage imo, one isn't automatically tied to the other

The driver was maybe 65 ...the guy with the mouth was atleast 35 years old, 6'3" and about 220, the Bane looking muscular guy was huge.

...when I asked him what? He sucked his teeth and gave me the middle finger, that's universal for **** you.

3 times in ONE MONTH this has happened though..everyone has boiling points where logic just doesn't compute

My bad I misread that part of the story.

Either way, all I'm trying to tell you is, your actions as a minority in America could've gotten your *** locked up quick, fast, and in a hurry with no legal defense anywhere in sight. That $500 outfit could've easily turned into a $15 orange jumpsuit. I'm all about pride, however, there's a point where you got to let your ego go and have your common sense kick in.

My bad that's Jennifer Lawrence 

Thanks, friend.

You shouldn't have started fighting them though. You were outnumbered and they could've had a weapon on them. You should have just kept it moving, maybe cheesing extra hard in their faces like

roll.gif

cool story... srs.

i always let it slide off my back...

also, im confused... he who owns apt in manhatten and Rari is chasing down rascist plumbers in the streets?

couldnt be me.. they woke today still biggots and ur lucky u didnt catch a charge
Don't own it anymore, stated that in the post your car thread, also stated that I don't live in Manhattan so where you got that from is beyond me. 
What if the person who translated it for you lied?
He kept repeating it to HER, "kurwa" the looks of three people who I'm guessing were Polish thought it was offensive enough to gasp and clutch their chest in appall. The young girl who said you know what he just said didn't strike me as a liar, it was her another girl and a black female. The two were in shock, cant see them simultaneously stopping dead in their tracks because they thought he was talking to them. They turn see us, and then THEIR black friend comes out the store.

Him sucking his teeth and giving me the middle finger was unwarranted, solidifying that he had a clear problem with me or her.

Last edited:
Pick your battles. Face to face in a bar? Yeah lets throw hands. Chasing a van down the street and grabbing people out cars? Nah homie you took the L. You look like a fool to the public and to your girl. You real lucky you didn't get locked up. You probably messed up your clothes too. Honestly you're real lucky Bane didn't break your back in the streets of Gotham.

Its a fine line between taking the high road and getting punked. Unless you are outnumbered by dudes then you should never get punked. You can speak your mind without being physical, most adults don't really wanna throw hands. Also If its a old man/old woman making racist remarks I honestly don't even care. You shouldn't have to act like the Hulk for your girl to feel safe with you.

I seriously don't come on Niketalk to lie, those that are assuming this is ducktales, need to get out more. This is a rare moment where someone is looking for REAL LIFE support and answers and you're trying to derail the post in disbelief for laughs. I'm asking if you think that I'm lying, then simply don't comment or bother to read.

I live in New York, maybe where you live is different but here acts of racism happens, it's TOO MANY nationalities constantly coming into contact with one another who might not otherwise be. Maybe you're not black so you don't understand, maybe you're white and not racist so your WHITE PRIVILEGE doesn't allow you to see the damage caused to us black's self esteem DAILY.

Either way, seriously there's college graduates, professionals and parents here on Niketalk whom I'm sure can benefit from reading how to respond better than I did today.
So please either contribute something constructive to this thread or leave, otherwise you're spreading ignorance and advocating something as serious as racism by not deconstructing the negativity of today's events.

Last edited:
I'm reading everyone's responses and repping those who gave some valuable insight, I think the Administrator was right about this new rep system. It definitely weeds out valuable posts from worthless posting for giggles. Frank Mucus proved a picture is worth a thousand words and offered some good advice in the form of a jpeg, and he got some lols for it without going hard as some of you. 

My deepest thanks to those mature and in touch with the real world enough to treat this as a serious situation and not an excuse to get some lols and co-signs about this being ducktales.

The situation was handled in a bad way, but Op you're a man and there is only so much a man can take. Especially when it is blows to his ego in front of his woman. If what you said is true (similar events taking place within the month) then I wouldn't wrong you. Still running four blocks to handle the situation was not worth it, however if you did it initially when the event occurred then I would understand. It is a shame though that this event occurs in this modern day, especially in a place so diverse as NYC.

Let me ask again, in a manner more conducive to reps...

Where exactly in the real world did this vividly detailed incident occur, my brother?

Last edited:
I'm reading everyone's responses and repping those who gave some valuable insight, I think the Administrator was right about this new rep system. It definitely weeds out valuable posts from worthless posting for giggles. Frank Mucus proved a picture is worth a thousand words and offered some good advice in the form of a jpeg, and he got some lols for it without going hard as some of you. 

My deepest thanks to those mature and in touch with the real world enough to treat this as a serious situation and not an excuse to get some lols and co-signs about this being ducktales.

Try not to let your emotions control your actions/reactions....

"Pride goeth before thy fall...." Pride and ego is for the weak my friend.

I was in a similar situation like yours a few years ago and I let my pride get the best of me and entertained a large group of younger ignorant dudes who were perpetrating. Thing was.....I had a lot more to lose than them and after wasting thousands of dollars, spending time in jail, clearing my name/record and getting my career back. It is not worth it. Keep it moving......all the way moving.

Let me ask again, in a manner more conducive to reps...
Where exactly in the real world did this vividly detailed incident occur, my brother?
Bushwick, I live in East Williamsburg which is a few blocks away I was going on a nice stroll while picking something up from the office where I'm at now. I sublet office space, I'm here 80% of the time because of the nature of my work. So I find myself often not having the privilege of wearing my "durag and don't **** with me today clothes".

true story or not, im going to give some input. OP, did you go fight them because they disrespected your lady or because they mouthed off some racist ish? If you're defending your lady, I can understand that, and even applaud your response. But if its because of some racist comments, you gotta let that slide. There's racist people all over. Some will just give stares, other will be bold and pop off at the mouth. You can't fight them all. And letting it affect you is just what they want. They want to get under your skin and bring you down because thats all they can do at this point. You're obviously doing better than them and they see they can't compete. Whether is wimminz, or jobs, or whatever, their racism is just a mechanism for them to justify in their mind that you aren't better than them. But you clearly are. So like dude said above, brush them comments off, and remember, you out here doing something right b.

Try not to let your emotions control your actions/reactions....
"Pride goeth before thy fall...." Pride and ego is for the weak my friend.
I was in a similar situation like yours a few years ago and I let my pride get the best of me and entertained a large group of younger ignorant dudes who were perpetrating. Thing was.....I had a lot more to lose than them and after wasting thousands of dollars, spending time in jail, clearing my name/record and getting my career back. It is not worth it. Keep it moving......all the way moving.

Church. This is the best advice in this thread. Long as you learned OP and thankful you didnt get locked up.

this happened
laugh.gif
@ you dudes believing this
sounding a little far fetched

but if not you need to control that rage bro, covering 4 blocks should've given you enough time to get your mind right.

racism is everywhere , so you're gonna need to learn how to see their hate as sign that you're doing something right and keep it moving. Easier said than done but it really is the mature way to handle things

and how bout some actual pics

upon final review i'm supporting the ducktales motion  
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom