-Racist moment or am I overreacting? (Even though I didn't react at all)- Vol: You dont know me fam'

Originally Posted by slickp42189

y do people try to downplay racially driven actions with the whole "race card" sarcasm, u guys r impossible, like for real, u cant be serious if u think race still isnt a social struggle even for it to be the 21st century

but you're constantly complaining about it...
grin.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by capuT

y do people try to downplay racially driven actions with the whole "race card" sarcasm, u guys r impossible, like for real, u cant be serious if u think race still isnt a social struggle even for it to be the 21st century

grin.gif
eyes.gif

What would you prefer? For people to constantly ignore it?

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

grin.gif
eyes.gif

What would you prefer? For people to constantly ignore it?

roll.gif
, duh

grin.gif
eyes.gif

huh? so y do u try to downplay it tho?

grin.gif
eyes.gif

what? i'm just saying you think that if you complain about it enough, people will stop being racist? get outta here with that child mentality, it's gonna be there no matter what, just grow up and deal with it.
pimp.gif

grin.gif
eyes.gif

what? i'm just saying you think that if you complain about it enough, people will stop being racist? get outta here with that child mentality, it's gonna be there no matter what, just grow up and deal with it.
pimp.gif

people will always be racist be speaking up on it will definitely keep it in check, the issue at hand is minor, but major stuff, we all kno whats major so lets not play that game, cant be overlooked, and thats definitely not a child mentality, talking about issues cant be childish, and not tryin to send shots but wat was the smoking hat for? it was kinda random and i dont understand it

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

keep fighting the good fight.
man u kno its not that serious, im just tryin to rack up my post count mane so i can sell some shoes in the forum, trust after i get ~300 im ghost for good

The other day I was at the super market and a black employee approaches me and says, "If you're looking for the mayonnaise aisle it's over there." Reverse-racist moment or am I overreacting?

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

keep fighting the good fight.
man u kno its not that serious, im just tryin to rack up my post count mane so i can sell some shoes in the forum, trust after i get ~300 im ghost for good
*waits for go rilla 

overreacting 100%

i can see why you might be a little bit upset but its really not that serious man

Originally Posted by bjamez20

overreacting 100%

i can see why you might be a little bit upset but its really not that serious man

The OP didn't do anything except talk about it on NT. I don't even think he was upset, from his tone it just seemed like he wanted to open a discourse. How is that an overreaction?

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

The other day I was at the super market and a black employee approaches me and says, "If you're looking for the mayonnaise aisle it's over there." Reverse-racist moment or am I overreacting?
its definitely prejudice, r u offended? r u white? i am not familiar with any stereotype of any race having an affinity for mayonnaise so idk where u were going with that

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

That's lighthearted judgement/ observation. I'm sure he meant no harm by it, especially if he was polite. You could probably tell by his tone if he meant something negative.

Now if he would've said something like "sir, the clearance section is that way" THEN we would have an issue.
Oh yea because the tone is the only thing that matters. It doesn't matter if he didn't INTEND on it being harmful, he make a racially motivated stereotype out of THIN AIR.

It wasn't harmless at all man. We have to stop letting folks "pop slick" without speaking up.

Dude saw a black dude lookng on the wall and said something about basketball shoes. I mean what more needs to be said man?

^ DC is exactly right, it's not harmless. First off, I didn't know Kay was black (my bad). Second, I simply read it and felt it was racist. I might have said something back. But yeah, him coming out of nowhere and saying that there were no basketball shoes there was racist. It was obvious there weren't any as Kay described it. Some of y'all on here who say it's reaching probably never any type of racist encounter and don't understand it.

*Looks at avy
laugh.gif
as you were 

I had a seemingly unintentional racist moment the other day.

I'm at a new gym getting a drink at the fountain and there's a line so this older white dudes making small talk and goes, "ur Mohammed right?"

I give him the stone face say no and then ask, "ur John right?"

I felt like an !+$ cuz he probably confused me with someone but eff it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by bjamez20

overreacting 100%

The OP didn't do anything except talk about it on NT. I don't even think he was upset, from his tone it just seemed like he wanted to open a discourse. How is that an overreaction?

because this thread is 9 pages with people talking about fried chicken, calling corporate, and some have even mentioned violence.

This one time I had a black stranger ask me for a cigarette and i hit him with the, "yea sure but theyre not menthol though."

The employees in those type of stores are trained to size the customer up and try to base their sales based off customer for example like someone mentioned if you come in store looking like grant hill, he may have thought you were a hooper or something. I would not call that racists necessarily. Now if he said something like "just to let you know we don't have any sales" then that would have been rude but still not racists so I would advise to never step foot in that store or any chain.

Whoa. Crazy you dudes are getting upset cause you think he stereotyped dude, yet cause he's white your assuming he said that based off kay skin tone. The thought of dude being a baller and dissapointed with the lack of ball kicks and just saying that cause that's what HE would be looking for isn't far fetched. The thought that he said that based off your skin isn't either of course. But regardless generalized assumptions aren't cool, the fact you don't know why son said that yet your all assuming is just as wrong as what yall mad at. Kay ain't say !#$% and find out for himself so really this whole thread is baseless.

All BS aside, dude probably seen the look on your face and knew exactly what you were looking for. Seriously how many Sports Authorities dont sell ANY basketball shoes. He probably looked just like the OP was looking when he noticed there was no basketball stuff.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Whoa. Crazy you dudes are getting upset cause you think he stereotyped dude, yet cause he's white your assuming he said that based off kay skin tone. The thought of dude being a baller and dissapointed with the lack of ball kicks and just saying that cause that's what HE would be looking for isn't far fetched. The thought that he said that based off your skin isn't either of course. But regardless generalized assumptions aren't cool, the fact you don't know why son said that yet your all assuming is just as wrong as what yall mad at. Kay ain't say !#$% and find out for himself so really this whole thread is baseless.
WHO is upset?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Wade187

WHO is upset?
laugh.gif
So this thread about race generated 9 pages with no racially driven emotion involved? Right. Cause you'd call any store for a random person when the employees take a unprofessional approach. You a good citizen DC
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom