RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Little got cut.

I just read about champ bailey fighting for a roster spot with the saints....man the game does seem to leave players behind at times

Roster cuts

A list of the Raiders cuts Saturday:

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Exp. College

Atkinson III, George RB 6-1 218 R Notre Dame

Autry, Denico DE 6-5 273 R Mississippi State

Casey, Chance CB 5-11 190 1 Baylor

Cornell, Jack T 6-5 300 1 Illinois

Crawford, Jack DE 6-5 275 3 Penn State

Fields, Carlos LB 6-1 238 R Winston-Salem State

Filimoeatu, Bojay LB 6-2 250 R Utah State

Hadley, Spencer LB 6-1 227 R BYU

Kistler, Dan T 6-7 315 R Montana

Ladson, Erle T 6-6 346 R Delaware

Little, Greg WR 6-2 220 4 North Carolina

Lumpkin, Ricky DT 6-4 300 1 Kentucky

Mady, Lamar G 6-2 315 2 Youngstown State

Murphy, Jake TE 6-4 249 R Utah

Roberts, Seth WR 6-2 196 R West Alabama

Robinson, Ryan DE 6-4 255 2 Oklahoma State

Ross, Brandian S 6-1 190 3 Youngstown State

Shaw, Jarrod OL 6-4 315 2 Tennessee

Simonson, Scott TE 6-5 249 R Assumption

Stewart, Jeremy RB 5-11 215 3 Stanford

Tavecchio, Giorgio K 5-10 183 1 California

Williams, Karl FB 6-0 244 R Utah

Last edited:

:lol: this guy was pure trash. not even sure how he snuck onto any preseason roster. hope his academics werent as crap as his kicking. this not-knowing-how-to-kick-straight-*** couldn't make a FG with Cal even if the goalposts were as wide as the endzone.

:lol: this guy was pure trash. not even sure how he snuck onto any preseason roster. hope his academics werent as crap as his kicking. this not-knowing-how-to-kick-straight-*** couldn't make a FG with Cal even if the goalposts were as wide as the endzone.

He made all of kicks Thursday

“@VicTafur: #Raiders make it official, claimed DE Benson Mayowa via waivers from #Seahawks and waived/injured LB Kaelin Burnett”

If Murray can stay healthy, then I'm sure this will be the last year for DMC...

SF Chronicle's beat writer for the Raiders Vic Tafur says it's a "100% chance" that Carr is starting against the Jets.

:nthat:

Vic is generally on the dot with these things. Probably my favorite out of all the beat writers.

Not sure how i feel about this.

I think McGloin is more ready to be a starter but he never got a chance to prove himself in preseason. Was it because Allen and McKenzie wanted one of their guys to win the job (shaub/carr) or was it because Carr was better than McGloin day in and day out at practice.

As a Raider fans i will support Carr but im not sure how he was able to win the job so quickly. He played a total of 3 qtrs in preseason...is that enough to name him the starter? It seems vs the seahawks everything was going right like field position, seahawk fumble, corner slips leaving moore wide open for TD, ball bobbled to Riveras hand, moore makes one handed catch vs Sherman and no penalties.

Lets see what happens vs the jets.
The only thing i know is that the Jets have a strong DLine but Geno Smith is the worse starting QB in the NFL.

If Carr fails do we go back to Shaub?

Last edited:
McGloin was picked up by them too how is he not onr of their guys?

I thought he was just a a undrafted player picked up for the practice squad (not much investment) and just kept beating people out?
Anyway do you think Carr deserves to start and is better than Shaub and McGloin and outplayed them both?

Undrafted but they made him a starter last year. No reason to think they gave up on him simply because he wasn't drafted.

And I think Carr is our best chance at winning, yeah. If this team intends to be a running first team then you need Carr's accuracy to keep the defense honest. McGloin doesn't have that.

I had my own reservations about starting Carr over McGloin that last game but dude did his thing. I was most impressed to how the rest of the team responded to him. You can tell that they believe in him.

Waiting on Allen to talk about it. Hopefully he admits that Carr is better and this is not just due to injury.

Back
Top Bottom