RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Can't wait for Sunday.
I think people will be surprised with how solid our receivers are. I'm just hoping MJD and DMC can stay healthy.
I'm not really sure what to think about the defense.

Last edited:
Report: Raiders' new stadium proposal coming together
September 3, 2014, 10:15 am

After months without overt signs of progress, an offer to build a new Raiders stadium has come to light.

The proposal, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, states that the City of Oakland and Alameda County would provide free land and infrastructure improvements for a Coliseum City project on and around the existing stadium site. Also, taxpayers would reportedly pay off the estimated $120 million remaining on the Oakland Coliseum expansion that helped lure the Raiders back to Oakland in the 1990s.

Under the proposal, the existing stadium would get torn down.

The Chronicle reports that construction costs, which could range from $900 million to $1.2 billion, would be privately funded by the NFL, project revenue and other investors.

Raiders owner Mark Davis is reportedly mulling the proposal. Coliseum City representative and land use attorney Zachary Wasserman told the Chronicle that basic financial terms have been worked out between the public, project developers and the Raiders.

While this proposal certainly constitutes progress, there are several hurdles to this becoming a reality. Major league baseball’s Athletics prefer to control the construction of a new ballpark and recently signed a 10-year lease extension with O.co Coliseum that requires a grace period before being evicted for a Raiders stadium.

There is significant private money required for construction costs, and it’s uncertain where all that would come from. There are questions surrounding how the remaining debt on the O.co Coliseum expansion would get paid off.

Davis has expressed frustration with the pace and progress of a new Raiders stadium in the East Bay and has explored options outside the market. He had discussions with San Antonio and has been linked to a move back to Los Angeles, but continues to state he prefers to remain in Oakland.

We start out 0-4 and Dennis Allen gets injured on the sidelines. Jon Gruden comes in and we win all the rest of the games. We celebrate our 4th Super Bowl, bandwagon 49er thots service us all day, we get a huge stadium, win 5 Super Bowls in a row & become the greatest franchise in history once again. :smokin

I really didn't want to throw Carr to the wolves right away, especially with this schedule, but I'm excited for the kid. I think we'll be a better team this year, but I don't necessarily think that'll translate into wins. Going through the schedule, I see 9 "winnable" games, and that's being generous. I say 6-10, Allen gets fired but Reggie stays because Mack, Carr, and Gabe Jackson do so well this year.

Rex's secondary is basura, though. I expect Derek to get caught by the front pressure at times and to also exploit the Jet's secondary. I'm not asking him to air it out all day, but to be smart.

Yeah I'm worried about the rush more than anything. If the line gives him time then he should be able to cook that secondary. It's pretty damn bad :lol:

I'm more intrigued by the Front 7. We need to pressure on the QB to hide or mediocre secondary

I'm excited for the game :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom