RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Allen says that Carr won the job and has it on a permanent basis. I'm glad to hear it, you have to go all in at this point.

McGloin isn't going to help Allen/Reggie keep their jobs. He's a very good backup but he's not going to be a big play difference-maker like Carr can be. I'm a big fan of dude but the offense is in purgatory if he's the starter this season, regardless of whatever random stats you pull up from his play last year. Even after the end of the solid season he had the whole coaching staff saw him as a top level backup, he has a ceiling and it's a lot lower than Carr's.
The main reason for sitting rookie QB's is you don't want to shatter confidence and allow them to adapt to the game. Carr came out testing a top 2 CB multiple times giving no ***** and led some very good drives against the defense that completely shut down one of the best offenses in NFL history.
Most importantly, you can tell the team thinks this kid is the goods and rallies behind him 100%. Him just being there seems to motivate the guys on the field, see: Denarius Moore.
I don't think he's going to put on a God-like performance this year and I think he still needs to work on his ball placement and decision making but with a team whose roster is so middle-of-the-pack, you need the guy who gives you the best chance of making big plays and scoring points out there and on our team that guy is Carr.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
McGloin doesn't have the touch on the ball like Carr does. He couldn't make the passes Carr did last Thursday, where Carr was dropping the ball perfectly over our WRs shoulders and zipping the ball down the field. McGloin's throws sail a bit longer in the air, whereas Carr can give the ball the airtime it needs to arrive at a particular location or beam it straight at the target.

“@FallonSmithCSN: James Jones on Derek Carr starting at QB: "Didn't surprise me at all, I've been calling him baby ARod since he got here" #Raiders”

:pimp:

I really hope we found our 1st franchise QB since Kenny Stabler

Just read on Twitter (Tafur I think....), this will be our first rookie QB to start week 1....ever 
eek.gif

454312074.jpg

Last edited:
I was in Raider Image today and manager said best selling jerseys are Woodson and Mack. If Carr win on Sunday, wonder how fast folks gonna b out grabbin his next week lol...

According to Dennis Allen, Barnes will be the RT and Gabe Jackson will start at LG. 

McGloin doesn't have the touch on the ball like Carr does. He couldn't make the passes Carr did last Thursday, where Carr was dropping the ball perfectly over our WRs shoulders and zipping the ball down the field. McGloin's throws sail a bit longer in the air, whereas Carr can give the ball the airtime it needs to arrive at a particular location or beam it straight at the target.

We can agree to disagree there. Mcgloin has a better touch. Thats the only reason he is even in contention because its obviously not his arm strength, measurables, and breakaway speed. McGloin's accuracy, timing and touch is why i like him and why at 5'11" he has a job in the NFL.
FYI there is no reason for me to wear McGloin goggles. I went to Amherst and Stanford for school, I am not irish, from pennsylvania, a penn state fan, or anti fresno state. McGloin is just a better QB for me and a good portion of Raider fans. Carr though is better than Shaub so im happy we have a better option. I will get behind him like i do for all Raiders.

Anyway go Raiders

Last edited:
Carr: 'I ended up in a great spot'

ALAMEDA – Derek Carr tries to answer questions honestly, without giving up much. He normally succeeds, but the Raiders rookie was stumped once on Tuesday.

He was asked if there was vindication in being the first member of the 2014 draft class to start an NFL game despite not being a first-round pick.

Carr broke out a smile 10 miles wide and chuckled some to himself, an expression that said more than words could. Heck yes he was proud of that fact, and rightfully so. The answer was a bit more guarded, and spun perfectly.

“I just came in here and I did my best to get on the field,” Carr said. “Obviously as a competitor every college kid wants to go in the first round growing up. Some people didn’t see it that way. I’m glad they didn’t because I ended up in a great spot, the exact spot that I wanted to be. I can’t be upset at it at all.”

Carr ended up playing for a team he has been a fan of, one with a tremendous opportunity to start and excel at an early age.

The title bump over veteran Matt Schaub is likely permanent, but it hasn’t gone to his head.

“I’m going to continue to be myself. I’m not going to change,” Carr said. “I’m going to be the same person throughout this whole thing. The responsibilities are important but, the stresses and all those other things that can be part of the experience? Those things don’t matter to me. This isn’t stressful. It’s a game. I’m obviously going to put as much into it as I can from the standpoint of effort. I’m going to exhaust every opportunity that I can. But, will I get stressed out over all those things? That will never happen.”

Carr insists he wasn’t worried about starting right away. He didn’t think of his work in competitive terms. He focused instead on steady improvement, which put him in position to take over at quarterback.

Carr says he has relied heavily on Schaub since turning pro. He’s listened to center Stefen Wisniewski, his roommate in training camp. He has asked for insight from older brother and former NFL quarterback David Carr. He’s taken technical lessons from quarterbacks coach John DiFilippo and commands from head coach Dennis Allen.

There was a piece of advice that stuck out after being named the starter, and it came from offensive coordinator Greg Olson.

“(Coach Olson) said, ‘Don’t let this moment be your best moment as an NFL player,’” Carr said. “Just don’t go from being told you’re the starting quarterback, and then everything else is downhill after that. We want to make more great moments. But (being named the starter) was definitely a great thing. It definitely was.”

[h1]Report: Raiders close in on stadium deal in Oakland[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT

raiders.jpg
Getty Images
So much for San Antonio and Los Angeles.  The Raiders could be on the verge of striking a deal to stay put in Oakland.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the team and the city have reached a tentative agreement  on the construction of a new home for the Silver and Black.

“I expect it to be executed soon,” attorney Zach Wassrman said.  Wasserman represents the developers of Coliseum City, a sports, housing and retail complex that would be constructed near the new venue.

The Chronicle  characterizes Raiders owner Mark Davis as having final say over whether the arrangement will proceed.

The stadium would be built with funds generated by the Coliseum City project, resulting in a reduced (and possibly non-existent) financial obligation for taxpayers.  However, the public would be on the hook for the $120 million still owed as a result of the O.Co Coliseum expansion that brought the Raiders back to town more than a generation ago.

So where does the $120 million come from?

“That’s a great question that we will probably not say anything about,” a spokesman for Oakland mayor Jean Quan told the Chronicle.

Land also would be transferred from the city at no charge, but the new stadium — expected to cost between $900 million and $1.2 billion — would be paid for separately.

It’s unclear how this arrangement would affect the A’s, who recently signed a 10-year lease to play at a place that will be blown up, sir  if/when the deal goes through.

So this one is far from being resolved.  But at least it shows that progress has been made to keep the Raiders from leaving town, again.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/New-stadium-deal-for-Raiders-give-s-team-land-5729877.php[/URL]"]

[h1]Report: Raiders close in on stadium deal in Oakland[/h1]

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT

raiders.jpg
Getty Images

So much for San Antonio and Los Angeles.  The Raiders could be on the verge of striking a deal to stay put in Oakland.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the team and the city have reached a tentative agreement on the construction of a new home for the Silver and Black.

“I expect it to be executed soon,” attorney Zach Wassrman said.  Wasserman represents the developers of Coliseum City, a sports, housing and retail complex that would be constructed near the new venue.

The Chronicle characterizes Raiders owner Mark Davis as having final say over whether the arrangement will proceed.

The stadium would be built with funds generated by the Coliseum City project, resulting in a reduced (and possibly non-existent) financial obligation for taxpayers.  However, the public would be on the hook for the $120 million still owed as a result of the O.Co Coliseum expansion that brought the Raiders back to town more than a generation ago.

So where does the $120 million come from?

“That’s a great question that we will probably not say anything about,” a spokesman for Oakland mayor Jean Quan told the Chronicle.

Land also would be transferred from the city at no charge, but the new stadium — expected to cost between $900 million and $1.2 billion — would be paid for separately.

It’s unclear how this arrangement would affect the A’s, who recently signed a 10-year lease to play at a place that will be blown up, sir if/when the deal goes through.

So this one is far from being resolved.  But at least it shows that progress has been made to keep the Raiders from leaving town, again.

[/quote]

:pimp: :pimp: being someone who's been to the current stadium numerous times, I'm happy for you guys...it's about time. Well deserving.

Back
Top Bottom