RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

There are no quick fixes. Raiders are undesirable with a terrible stadium and poor outlook for a new one in the near future. Even if the Davis family sold what would it take to see real change? Two year? Three?

The entire culture needs to shift away from Al Davis. I am far from an ideologue but I can see what trying to cling onto Al Davis' image has done to this franchise. Be rid of his impression and find the right way to build a franchise, through cooperation and a savvy braintrust.

I know all you guys live in the area but I think the best thing for the Raiders is to move.

If you've read what I've posted in here you know I'm all about a move back to LA. 100% in on that.

“@FallonSmithCSN: I've also been told Tony Sparano will NOT be the #Raiders interim head coach. #Raiders”

If it's Olson, **** My ******* Life

If Mark is choosing HC over Reggie then I think Reggie's time is over.

If Reggie is choosing Olsen... then I think his time is over still. :lol:

There are no quick fixes. Raiders are undesirable with a terrible stadium and poor outlook for a new one in the near future. Even if the Davis family sold what would it take to see real change? Two year? Three?

The entire culture needs to shift away from Al Davis. I am far from an ideologue but I can see what trying to cling onto Al Davis' image has done to this franchise. Be rid of his impression and find the right way to build a franchise, through cooperation and a savvy braintrust.
I know all you guys live in the area but I think the best thing for the Raiders is to move.
I don't see how moving helps us. 

Last edited:

I don't see how moving helps us. 
Raiders just need to start a new era, there's a stigma attached to the team that the O.Co just helps feed into that train of thought.

If the city can't come up with a plan to upgrade their nfl team out of a 50 year old stadium then as an owner you have to look at other options.

Wether it be LA or San Antonio you have to give the team the best option to succeed. Facilities pay a big part in it, especially on the financial side.

Last edited:
The Coliseum is a dump, if Mark makes that move he's not long for this business. The best shot for the Raiders to move to LA is probably for an investor to build them a stadium which seems unlikely.

The future appears dim, maybe the Guggenheim group will buy the Raiders.

Mark seems clueless.

As much as I like Olsen, he shouldnt be HC. He might need to go as well. I was on Olsens flight earlier this year. I caught up to him at the taxi/baggage area. He was happy to speak to a loyal fan & said they'll put a better product on the field this year. ...weeeell

Where is it coach? ?! :smh:

Im not from the bay area so my opinion is different, but I would follow the Raiders to the end of the earth.

There was a time when I unequivocally felt the same but after all these years I just don't know if they played the fanbase like that. 

Last edited:
If they show up in San Antonio as the Roadrunners and dressed in purple and orange then i'll have my reservations. But I just can't walk away from my Raiders even after a decade of being trash.

I called it!
#dead at bandwagon 49er thots
roll.gif

No more blackouts until 2022 at least..

Well, that didn't take long. We reported yesterday that the FCC was taking aim at sports blackout rules this week, and today the Commission voted to nix the "unnecessary and outdated regulations." For nearly four decades, policies kept pay-TV providers from airing games blacked out on local stations. The rules also prevented that latter group from showing NFL matchups that failed to sell out at least 72 hours ahead of time. Now that the NFL no longer relies on ticket sales to drive revenue, the rules have been repealed to further eliminate blackouts for local viewers. As the press release notes, current over-the-air network contracts run through 2022 (FOX, CBS, and NBC), so the NFL won't likely make the jump to cable and satellite any time soon. If it so chooses, the league can create a private blackout policy (like MLB, for example), but it will no longer be afforded the protection of the government to do so. "Instead, the NFL must rely on the same avenues available to other entities that wish to protect their distribution rights in the private marketplace," the PR details.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/30/fcc-sports-blackout-rules/

Back
Top Bottom