Rajon Rondo 5 yr/$54 million extension

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Fact: Basketball is a team defense game, and there are about eight players in the league that matter individually.
I agree, in today's NBA good defense is no longer defined by one on one situations, it's how that individual operates in the teamdefensive concept but your insane if you don't think individuals can have an effect on team defensive performance, that's the whole point of plus minusto figure out how the individual impacts the team.

if that is the case you would have to explain to me how is it that the Bulls are so much worse defensively with Rose is in there.

IMO the key to the Celtics D has always been KG and Rondo's ability to shut down pick and rolls, I believe he is incredibly valuable to what they do ondefense, almost as much as KG is.

Didn't dude AVERAGE a Triple-Double in the series vs. Chicago last year?! Or extremely close to? Impressive, especially when you have the big 3 on yourteam as well.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif
@ CP3's pic.

Again, Rondo doesnt deserve $50 million.

You take the KG, the Ray-Ray and 34 away from him - and hes an average PG.

Hes surrounded by very good scorers, with in return gives him the assists.

He is #1 in Assists and Steals so far so i could see why the Celtics gave the contract but lets see how long that lasts.

ban yourself.

his court vision and rebounding kills is illmatic

^so he gets $50 million for court vision and rebounding....?

something a PG is supposed to do?

okay okay supposed to do sure, but how well do all other PGs get themselves in a position to do that consistently, almost effortlessly?

he even steps it up when push comes to shove....no KG last year, going against rose etc

im not sayin he's top 5....yet.....but in my IMO he's worth what boston's giving him especially given that all-star pg's aren't a dime adozen

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

^so he gets $50 million for court vision and rebounding....?

something a PG is supposed to do?
There's so many things wrong with this statement.

If you have good court vision and can get your teammates the ball when they're in a position to score then you should get a $50 million contract.Rondo's play and statistics clearly reflect this ability.

If you can rebound on top of that - something point guards do not traditionally do well - then you have an even better case for that contract.

Why everybody hating on Rondo so hard? Dudes make it seem like they have to pay some of that $50 million... or that if he would have gotten $42 millioninstead, the other $8 million would have gone to Rose since he's "so much better"

In this day and age, there is nothing wrong with 50 mil to a talented young PG.

Long after KG, and Paul, and Ray and Sheed are gone, they will need Rondo to carry the team.

Tony Parker started out as a nothing PG on a title winning team, continued to play hard, work hard, and learn hard, and after a couple seasons he was a FinalsMVP and one of the top PG's in the game. No reason Rondo can't expand on his game much like Tony has done.

Originally Posted by 430AM

Rondo is beast but damn the Celtics paid him Chris Paul money...

Having agreed to a five-year contract extension worth at least $55 million, Rondo will soon be paid like an elite guard, though the player and team seem to have found a comfortable middle ground that will initially keep Rondo's salary below the top handful of players at his position.
Utilizing ESPN's salary database inside the Trade Machine, an average annual salary of $11 million (though it's likely to escalate) would put Rondo among the top 10 guards, but still a step below Paul and Utah's Deron Williams (both at $13.5 million this season), as well as veterans such as Phoenix's Steven Nash ($13.1 million) and San Antonio's Tony Parker ($12.6 million).

Rondo's contract will fall below those players, but ahead of the next tier of guards such as Cleveland's Mo Williams ($8.8 million) and Orlando's Jameer Nelson ($8.1 million).

The deal seems more on par with Golden State's Monta Ellis ($11 million), a fifth-year player who has averaged about 20 points per game over the past two-plus seasons.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

FACT: when Derrick Rose is on the court the opposing teams FG% increases by 3%
FACT: when Derrick Rose is on the court the Bulls give up 7 more points per 100 possessions.

Come on now, 3%?
indifferent.gif

give me the stuff he does on the court and i'll take a 3% lower average

You dont mean to tell me that if they played on opposite teams we would really be talking about this?

Originally Posted by CP1708

In this day and age, there is nothing wrong with 50 mil to a talented young PG.

Long after KG, and Paul, and Ray and Sheed are gone, they will need Rondo to carry the team.

Exactly, you have to pay for young guys now.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Carmelo is the best scorer in the NBA...
Rondo is a top 5 PG...
Cavs are going to win more than 66 games...

NT never ceases to amaze me during NBA season.

laugh.gif
figures youd like that. always "lol"ing each other up. sickening

Originally Posted by belle155

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Carmelo is the best scorer in the NBA...
Rondo is a top 5 PG...
Cavs are going to win more than 66 games...

NT never ceases to amaze me during NBA season.

laugh.gif
figures youd like that. always "lol"ing each other up. sickening

Don't you need to be on your knees in front of OC right now?

Rondo should not of got that contract. Any PG can go to the Celtics and put up better numbers.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Originally Posted by wttm

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I've always wondered how a player like him would fare on another team. Not like the Lakers, Magic, or another elite team. I reckon he'd suck #####.

I'm glad they locked him long-term and overpaid. They're headed toward another 20-year drought when KG, Ray Allen retire.

my thoughts exactly.

how would he do on a 2nd tier team? without the driving lane he gets from the big 3 when he doesn't have a consistent jumper.

This.

Rondo is playing with legends. That's bold for him to tell off CP3 he'll never win a ring.
To me, he'll fall into the abyss only hoping to obtain the most improved player award once Boston is through this team.
Proven role player (if not with the aid of veteran talent), but not necessarily a marquee player...... yet imo lol.
If Rondo and Paul switch places, Celtics Sweep right through Playoffs

Back
Top Bottom