Rajon Rondo 5 yr/$54 million extension

wildKYcat wrote:
it's not a stretch to say he's the most important player on that team. y'all can say all that crap about his #'s being inflated by playing with them dudes...but you can say the same for them about playing with Rondo, (esp. Ray) not so much Paul Pierce, tho.
indifferent.gif
Are you 11 years old? They were putting up betterstats before they were playing with him. Your girl Rondo on the other hand had his FG% magically jump from 42% to 50%, meanwhile his FT% went down. Obviouslythe drastic increase was because of Ray and KG, not because he suddenly learned to shoot. He went from having to earn shots to having the red sea parted forhim because he plays with 3 Hall of Famers.

He's a good rebounder and defender, that's where it stops. He still raw offensively.

To say he's better than Arenas is a #%#!@!+ joke, that is all.

Saying he's better than Rose is almost as stupid. If you put Rose on the Celtics they would cruise to 70 wins, same goes for Arenas.

of course they were putting up better #'s...they were all #1 options on different teams.

Rondo's the glue that keeps these aging starts together.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Lay ups and free throws because he can get to the rim at will. Celtics fans knew this kid was going to be special when he was putting up 10/5/5 when he started at the end of his rookie year. And that was with Gerald Green, Allan Ray, and Scalabrine playing with him.

I'd rather build around Rose, but Rondo has outplayed him since Game 1 in that series, imo.
Um no, Celtics fans DID NOT think Rondo was going to be special. When KG and Ray were brought in everybody still felt there was a hole at the PGspot and were weary of Rondo's ability to run the point. He was being touted as the weak link when it came to talks of winning a championship.

Originally Posted by trak1sh

D. Rose better than Rondo?? Thats just being silly
I'd take Rose over Rondo if starting a new team. You can't deny the fact Rondo reaps the benefits of playing with a very deep Celticsteam. Put him on the Bulls with a baddie rookie coach and you've got a very good point guard - not a superstar has he's been in the series vs. thebulls.

I hate Rondo. But at 5 years 54 million the Celtics got a heck of a deal. Rondo could have definitely gotten more if he would have waited. He's a great fitfor the Celtics team, and his stats are proof of this. I'm surprised he took 54 million after how good he's been playing (he's also young and stillhas room to improve). The Celtics need him more then 54 million to contend. Celtics got a great price and can now compete for a few more years before the big 3get too old.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Lay ups and free throws because he can get to the rim at will. Celtics fans knew this kid was going to be special when he was putting up 10/5/5 when he started at the end of his rookie year. And that was with Gerald Green, Allan Ray, and Scalabrine playing with him.

I'd rather build around Rose, but Rondo has outplayed him since Game 1 in that series, imo.
Um no, Celtics fans DID NOT think Rondo was going to be special. When KG and Ray were brought in everybody still felt there was a hole at the PG spot and were weary of Rondo's ability to run the point. He was being touted as the weak link when it came to talks of winning a championship.

Speak for yourself. You could tell from his first preseason games his rookie year, the kid was special. He was just do different, and doing things I hadn'tseen in forever in Boston.

People were definitely considering Rondo (and Perkins) to be the only potential things in the way of Boston winning it all...that's a fact. That's allthe media kept talking about before the season...that's all opposing players talked about when they were asked about Boston's potential. Everyone knewRondo had potential but most people didn't know how "potential" would mesh with those vets who needed it done right away. It certainly was notpopular opinion that he would do what he's done...

Originally Posted by philly035

Originally Posted by trak1sh

D. Rose better than Rondo?? Thats just being silly
I'd take Rose over Rondo if starting a new team. You can't deny the fact Rondo reaps the benefits of playing with a very deep Celtics team. Put him on the Bulls with a baddie rookie coach and you've got a very good point guard - not a superstar has he's been in the series vs. the bulls.

I hate Rondo. But at 5 years 54 million the Celtics got a heck of a deal. Rondo could have definitely gotten more if he would have waited. He's a great fit for the Celtics team, and his stats are proof of this. I'm surprised he took 54 million after how good he's been playing (he's also young and still has room to improve). The Celtics need him more then 54 million to contend. Celtics got a great price and can now compete for a few more years before the big 3 get too old.
I might take Westbrook over both of them...

This dude got overpaid in this current economy, he might just not play as since he got his overpaid extention. I guess Celtics didn't wanna risk losinghim? Off the top, Aaron Brooks is better then this guy

Who is better right now, at this very second in time? Not who I would would I rather build a championship around or who is more talented/higher ceiling?

Until Rose shows me he has any interest at all in playing defense, I would probably pick Rondo.

Hahhahahahhahahahahhah dude was joking when he said Aaron Brooks right...

We knew Rondo would be special. The media and Celtic fan base is a completely different thing...the media gets it wrong most of the time. They also thought wewould need more than a year to gel together.

Rondo's Rookie Year Check that link out...Rondocompiled a + when he was on the court that year in the column....and that was with Scalabrine, Gerald Green, Allan Ray, etc.

pointguardshooters.jpg

It appears as though the ability of your team's point guard to shoot the three well is very important. Overall, the difference is more than three points per 100 possessions. Similarly, if your point guard struggles with his outside shot, your offense will struggle.

Beyond that, I don't want to say too much. It's too easy to make bold statements without considering some of the underlying factors, so I'll just present the data as is. Feel free to draw your own conclusions, though.

But then again your point guard being able to shoot the three has a apparently has a very large effect on your offense, If you have Rondo on yourteam you will probably need, Ray, Sheed, Peirce, House to make up for him.

First...you guys keep saying Rondo DOMINATED rose last year in the playoffs. C'mon son. Rose was a rookie and held his own, Rondo had been in the league atleast 3 years. Im sure in two more years Rose will OUTPLAY a rookie pg who is suppose to salvage a franchise.

2. Rondo is good, I slept on him for the longest, but i dont think he is 11 mil a season good. As a pg I can see him being everything a coach wants (defends,rebounds, passes, gets to the rim). his only flaw has always been his leadership ability, and while playing with the big 3 he's never REALLY needed to showit, but as PG of this franchise, wants the big 3 is gone he WILL need to show some leadership and maturity.

3. Dont discredit with Rondo does for the celtics because of the big 3

4. Dont say Rondo did everything on his own last years playoffs. Ok Ray Allen played like some butt, but he still commands the attention of Defense, becauseyou cant leave him open to hit one 3, because in a second he'll get hot. Same with PP

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I actually think thats a little too much for Rondo.
grin.gif

somethin like 5 year/$34 million = ok, cool.

But they gave him $50+?? thats crazy.
Agree....he is not worth $50+

Carmelo is the best scorer in the NBA...
Rondo is a top 5 PG...
Cavs are going to win more than 66 games...

NT never ceases to amaze me during NBA season.

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

He's top 5-8.
I would have to agree with this....like others said he's on Tony and Big Shot's heels....but teams don't have to guard him from 18 feet away....he's to inconsistent with his mid range game...

If he develops a mid range jumper...he could be THE BEST overall PG in the league!

indifferent.gif

you forget about the point god chris paul? No One will be better then Paul while he is playing, Deron is close, but they are two different pgs as well.

and I like Rondo, but come on..the best PG

5 years/34 million....I'm sure his agent would've jumped at that. So, if you guys were running the franchise, you'd have to match Rondo at $13-14mper or have no pg...solid strategy.

Back
Top Bottom