Rajon Rondo 5 yr/$54 million extension

Good for him
pimp.gif

Great price for the Celtics. He should have waited 'till the summer so the Knicks could have overpaid him.

Celts got a steal with this one gentlemen....with the 2010 free agent market looking crazy somebody would'a paid this dude double that for the same amountof years...

so good deal for the Celts...Rondo is still up and coming and if he can improve his sometime erratic play...he can be discussed in the top 5 PG's in theleague...

I actually think thats a little too much for Rondo.
grin.gif

somethin like5 year/$34 million = ok, cool.

But they gave him $50+?? thats crazy.

He's one of the best all-around point guards in basketball... How is that too much, Mr. Power Moves?

Well he got what he wanted. he wanted to be in Boston, and his agent asked for long term $ 10-$11 million per year.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

grin.gif

somethin like 5 year/$34 million = ok, cool.

He learned from Anderson Varejao how to negotiate.

Tony Parker, Derron Williams, Derrick Rose, Chauncy Billups and Chris Paul - Top 5.

Rondo is more like top 10. For a PG, he doesnt shoot very well... he's definetely not 'one of the best all-around PG's in the game'.

For a PG, he doesnt shoot very well...
and he can control a game without taking any shot other than a layup.

im one of the biggest Rose fan's, but he's not better yet. Rondo is right on the heels of parker and billups IMO

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Great price for the Celtics. He should have waited 'till the summer so the Knicks could have overpaid him.
alien.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

grin.gif

somethin like 5 year/$34 million = ok, cool.

$%$+ outta here.

Celtics originally offered him 5/45...but I'm sure you know more than them.
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He's one of the best all-around point guards in basketball... How is that too much, Mr. Power Moves?
laugh.gif

How is Rondo not one of the best all around PGs in the game?
roll.gif

He can defend well, grabs rebounds, distributes the ball and can score in double figures.

Only guy that does those things better is Chris Paul.

I've always wondered how a player like him would fare on another team. Not like the Lakers, Magic, or another elite team. I reckon he'd suck#####.

I'm glad they locked him long-term and overpaid. They're headed toward another 20-year drought when KG, Ray Allen retire.

hes a good fit for the celts...but once the big 3 retires can he still be effective?...we'll see

Tony Parker, Derron Williams, Derrick Rose, Chauncy Billups and Chris Paul - Top 5.
yehh rondos top 10 but not top 5

Back
Top Bottom