Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

BG got them the deal with Universal cuz he was already 3 albums deep while they was independent.

Juvie/BG
Wayne
Turk

That was the order. Even when you listen to the albums back then BG was more of Baby's son/lil man than Wayne back then. They was calling themselves like Suge and Pac.
yup. BG was supposed to be the face of CM. Then Juvie dropped HA and it spread like wildfire. Putting him in the forefront.

It was Wayne on Bling Bling that started his ascension, right? To the masses i mean.

"Me and my n**** B like Suge and Pac" :smokin

In my corner of the world, rankings went:

1. Juvie
2. Wayne
3. Turk
4. BG

BG was the least popular. Now my personal rankings differ, but thats how it was around me. I remember I was at my family reunion in Atlanta, Georgia round 1999ish and CMR was staying at the same hotel as us. Bus outside and all, hot boys and big tymers in the lobby just kickin it. I was in 5th grade at the time. Everyone was goin crazy over Juvie, then Wayne, then Turk. Nobody really ran up to BG for pics/convo fr. I took pics with Juvie, Wayne, and Turk. My Dad had no idea who these N’s were but he was down for the cause and had the Kodak camera ready. I kept that camera close to my chest rest of the trip to make sure we could get them joints developed 😂😂 I was the man back at school when I brought my copies of my pics.

And them N’s definitely ran thru my older female cousins 😂

IMG_5659.jpeg

Juvenile def put CMR on the map with Ha and then Back that *** up. While Bling Bling was a B.G. track I remember people not even knowing which one was BG since you had the Big Tymers and Hot Boyz also on it. In that late 90's-early 00s period labels did so many crew tracks. Plus Cash Money is An Army never really took off like other CMR tracks. B.G. just never had that big solo track to really put him on the map. He was kind of the hardcore rap favorite out of the camp but most folks were anticipating Wayne's solo debut after Guerilla Warfare dropped. Plus iirc he was already on the outs with the label before Checkmate dropped. I liked "I know" but it wasn't that big single either.

1. Juvie
2. Wayne
3. Turk
4. BG

BG was the least popular. Now my personal rankings differ, but thats how it was around me. I remember I was at my family reunion in Atlanta, Georgia round 1999ish and CMR was staying at the same hotel as us. Bus outside and all, hot boys and big tymers in the lobby just kickin it. I was in 5th grade at the time. Everyone was goin crazy over Juvie, then Wayne, then Turk. Nobody really ran up to BG for pics/convo fr. I took pics with Juvie, Wayne, and Turk. My Dad had no idea who these N’s were but he was down for the cause and had the Kodak camera ready. I kept that camera close to my chest rest of the trip to make sure we could get them joints developed 😂😂 I was the man back at school when I brought my copies of my pics.

IMG_5659.jpeg

Everything about this post :pimp: :lol:. The honesty at the end. Dawg lmao

1. Juvie
2. Wayne
3. Turk
4. BG

IMG_5659.jpeg
Round my way we didn’t even know bling bling was a BG track. That was a Wayne feat cash money song to us. Juve was always on another level than the rest then we went Wayne and then BG. Oddly BG became bigger to us after cash money cuz he moved here for a minute.

Remember singing Bling Bling as a kid kid. None of us knew they was saying "Yokohama tires" in the hook.

Round my way we didn’t even know bling bling was a BG track. That was a Wayne feat cash money song to us. Juve was always on another level than the rest then we went Wayne and then BG. Oddly BG became bigger to us after cash money cuz he moved here for a minute.

Same for my area. BG didnt start gettin love till I was around 9th Grade and that was after he left CMR. So joints like “Hottest of the Hot”, “I keep it Gangsta”, and “Where they at” was gettin burned on everybody CD-R/CD-RW. Ppl was rockin with him heavy post - Cash Money.

Boosie and Webbie also had my area in a headlock around this time as well. “Savage Life” and “Streetz iz Mine vol 1” was getting played non stop.

One of my homeboys bought Choppa City in the Ghetto cause he thought it was another new No Limit CD lol. We were on CMR heavy after that.

I bought 400 Degrees just for "Ha" and it ended up being an absolute banger. People around my way clowned me cause they thought Juve/Ha was just gimmick rap but they learned. I played nothing but that album for months.

One of my homeboys bought Choppa City in the Ghetto cause he thought it was another new No Limit CD lol. We were on CMR heavy after that.

I bought 400 Degrees just for "Ha" and it ended up being an absolute banger. People around my way clowned me cause they thought Juve/Ha was just gimmick rap but they learned. I played nothing but that album for months.

I remember really enjoying 400 Degreez but when I try to relisten now, just can’t get into it. Heck, I remember liking his album Tha G Code too lol

Back
Top Bottom