Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is ********.

Not hype. Defense is a part of boxing and is part of scoring a fight. Shakur is elite. People have short attention spans and only want to see knockouts.

Floyd was a defensive fighter. He just did the side antics around it and got people to watch his fights for him to lose.

Not ******** at all. Watch more boxing fam. There are plenty of fighters who work off defense and are still able to put on good performances. Hence Floyd, per your previous post. Floyd switched to being an ultra defensive boxer after breaking a hand (Money Mayweather). Floyd prior (Pretty Boy Floyd) was the out there engaging. Bringing him up when talking Shakur is disrespectful.

Shakur’s a similar fighter to Jamaine Ortiz… who is not elite, but relies on defense so much to the point that you forget what offense looks like. It’s combat sport. Combat *****. :lol: This ain’t no damn ballerina recital.

One of his biggest issues is that he over promises and under delivers.

Last edited:
Shakur is clearly the best fighter after tank. Nobody in his weight class is touching him. He's one of the smartest defenders. He can honestly draw comparison to Floyd. Him and tank are literally the same except tank has more power.

“Nobody in his weight class.” Fam… look at the 135 weight class.

Outside of Tank (who I don’t see anyone at 135 or 140 beating)… all of the true contenders have moved up. Save for Loma. And, sad to say, Loma’s no spring chicken out here.

At no point in time am I saying Shakur isn’t good. He is. He’s just not as good as people were lead to believe. Delete all that prisoner of the moment/recency bias. The proof is there.

Last edited:
Tho that might be true about Turk, who does BG think he is? Cuz Wayne and juvie are def the bet and Kelly

Tho that might be true about Turk, who does BG think he is? Cuz Wayne and juvie are def the bet and Kelly
B.G. is just as important to the group as Wayne and Juve, imo. He’s the first and I’d say a Chopper City, It’s All On U Vol. 1 and 2 played a huge role in CMR getting that Universal deal. He’s also had success outside of CMR. Turk, unfortunately, has nothing he can speak on after his CMR days.

Not ******** at all. Watch more boxing fam. There are plenty of fighters who work off defense and are still able to put on good performances. Hence Floyd, per your previous post. Floyd switched to being an ultra defensive boxer after breaking a hand (Money Mayweather). Floyd prior (Pretty Boy Floyd) was the out there engaging. Bringing him up when talking Shakur is disrespectful.

Shakur’s a similar fighter to Jamaine Ortiz… who is not elite, but relies on defense so much to the point that you forget what offense looks like. It’s combat sport. Combat *****. :lol: This ain’t no damn ballerina recital.

One of his biggest issues is that he over promises and under delivers.

I don't need to watch more boxing. You need to know the rules.

Do you realize defense is also scored in boxing?

To say Shakur isn't elite is ridiculous when he's in everyones pound for pound list. If I can beat someone because they can't hit me, that's the goal. Not everyone is going to fight the same. And Floyd's "entertainment" value was based on the opponent.

:lol: Wayne was a slight level above Turk during CMR’s peak.BG & Juve was Bey & Kelly then.Wayne didn’t take off till everybody left.
I don’t agree with this either :lol:

I wouldn’t say Wayne peaked then but I feel like his debut album was one of the most anticipated, at least for me.

400 Degreez -> Chopper City in the Ghetto -> Guerrilla Warfare -> Tha Block Is Hot was a wild run :smokin

re: 3k
there's no good reason we never got an album from him then the one we get is some flute ********
Said it before, we only got rap from 3k because of Big Boi and DF. The Love Below was proof of that for me. Once he started moving around solo he leaned into his other creative interests.

I was giving him a slight pass until he said he wasn’t rapping because its a young man’s sport. That was complete bs. Meanwhile Killer Mike winning Grammys for every rap category and they are the same age…

I don’t agree with this either :lol:

I wouldn’t say Wayne peaked then but I feel like his debut album was one of the most anticipated, at least for me.

400 Degreez -> Chopper City in the Ghetto -> Guerrilla Warfare -> Tha Block Is Hot was a wild run :smokin
Read it again pleighboi :lol:

BG got them the deal with Universal cuz he was already 3 albums deep while they was independent.

Juvie/BG
Wayne
Turk

That was the order. Even when you listen to the albums back then BG was more of Baby's son/lil man than Wayne back then. They was calling themselves like Suge and Pac.

Back
Top Bottom