Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Got in an admittedly dumb argument over this. I love hip hop and believe its for everyone. Break dancing is probably the purest art form of hip hop built by black and brown people. The lack of representation was concerning but understandable for the Olympic stage. Again, hip hop is for everyone.

The Aussie chick flopping around wasn’t funny to me at all. The fact someone can gain such notoriety and possibly one of the highest athletic achievements doing “that” for something built by us angers me.

Props to the IOC for trying something new and shining a light. But maybe breaking isn’t meant for the Olympic stage.

Circle search led me here
1000004296.png

1000004297.png

1000004299.png

Bad business from Dame. For some reason he thinks he can hold this over Jay's head to be petty.

So I guess Jay's being petty back.

Joe and them talk about that pretty regularly about how long before an artist masters revert back to them. Nobody would use anything from Reasonable Doubt, because it would require too many people to sign off, so it's basically just streaming revenue. If someone bought it, Jay could be petty and say no to everything and they couldn't use it for a sample or soundtrack to get their value.

That was one of the issues Mark Curry had with what Puff was doing finally giving stuff back after 20 years. Puff already got the best years out of it when it was in the Bad Boys and other movies and such. Plus, after Puff's scandal everything has dropped in value, because it's being streamed and played by radio less.

btw, thinking about Puff Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius Puff was giving the masters back before everything hit the fan. Now, Aubrey is doing as these random drops saying **** the label, producers. Makes you go hmmmmmmm.

Got in an admittedly dumb argument over this. I love hip hop and believe its for everyone. Break dancing is probably the purest art form of hip hop built by black and brown people. The lack of representation was concerning but understandable for the Olympic stage. Again, hip hop is for everyone.

The Aussie chick flopping around wasn’t funny to me at all. The fact someone can gain such notoriety and possibly one of the highest athletic achievements doing “that” for something built by us angers me.

Props to the IOC for trying something new and shining a light. But maybe breaking isn’t meant for the Olympic stage.
When I saw that breaking was in the Olympics, I was like fire, Hip Hop is in the Olympics.

Then I watched and was like some of the dancing is aight but I’ve seen more impressive stuff from the dudes clapping and spinning around in the subway carts when I’m just tryna have a peaceful commute :lol:

Ain’t no way one of these tik toks kids in the hood couldn’t train and get nice at this.

Chris Brown coulda trained for this **** and brought us back gold :lol:

I just realized homie had on the durag. Someone shoulda wave checked their *** :rofl::rofl::rofl:

the app that snow / drake was on is called the monkey app.. it's like omgle where you connect with random people.

check kendrick's shirt in the NLU video.. coincidence? probably not.

kendrick-lamar-video-4-070524-b0bfaa448f5c4f969b000d9af54ca34e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom