Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Prodigy had 20 year long solo career which included 5+ bodies of work. 2 of which, are classics.

He firmly exists outside of mobb.

Prodigy =/= 3k…

When people talk about Prodigy's all-time ranking we talk about them first 3 Mob Deep albums. Rarely does his solo stuff come up.

He wasn’t scared of those informants from those places. A lot of Street ****** is police-cia

This is a trend I noticed before I stopped watching interviews from old street dudes (I figured my time was better spent elsewhere :lol: ) A lot of them alluded to/felt that some of the most successful people on the street were always working with the police (beyond simply snitching).

I.e. Vlad asked Azie about Alpo cooperating. Azie said, with all that Alpo got away with...whose to say he wasn't working with the police from the beginning :emoji_eyes:

More reasons to hate Ak if you didn’t already

20240810_003702.jpg

I been a Future fan since day 1 . I always felt he was gonna be that next dude. I stumbled upon one of his first mixtapes on live mixtapes. I just looked at the cover and was like he next played the first song for like 15 secs and was convinced
I don’t recall exactly when I first heard Future but I think it was around the time of the Dirty Sprite mixtape. I remember thinking he was trash but idk the time or what song caused that.

I recall with 100% certainty that Tony Montana is what changed my mind and made me check out his work though. Turns out I loved the Dirty Sprite mixtape. That’s when I saw the vision.

Gucci remained my favorite rapper but when Future dropped Monster… and went on a legendary run, he definitely became my #1.

Not just in hiphop but probably my favorite artist in general, though the others in that category are metalcore or melodic death metal bands so it’s not a fair comparison. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom