Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This 🧢…. NY 🥷’s always tryna take credit for things they didnt make happen…They influenced the way he dressed but they didn’t break him into mainstream

They definitely helped Wayne find himself and his sound. Along with him rapping like Hov. I just saw a debate on twitter and Wayne's hardcore fans still act like he became this superstar with Carter 1 and the world was calling him the best alive. 50, Kanye, Tip, Luda was all ahead of Wayne really until his verse on We Takin Over.

Wayne whole image and swag from Carter 1 to 2006-07 is totally different. He was like Jim Jones lil brother but he was a better rapper/artist so he got the credit.

They definitely helped Wayne find himself and his sound. Along with him rapping like Hov. I just saw a debate on twitter and Wayne's hardcore fans still act like he became this superstar with Carter 1 and the world was calling him the best alive. 50, Kanye, Tip, Luda was all ahead of Wayne really until his verse on We Takin Over.

Wayne whole image and swag from Carter 1 to 2006-07 is totally different. He was like Jim Jones lil brother but he was a better rapper/artist so he got the credit.
Definitely think Dipset played a part in Wayne blowing up no matter the revisionist from his stans :lol:

He wasn't near the top mainstream wise until after the first Dedication tape and The Carter 2 which dropped around when his style changed up.

He didn't hop on that fashion/swag rap wave until he started linking up with Santana, JJ and them.

74 song set list for YE/$. ye actually starts performing his old stuff

edit full setlist:

74 TRACK SETLIST 🤯

1. STARS
2. PAID
3. TALKING
4. EVERYBODY
5. BACK TO ME
6. DO IT
7. BURN
8. FUK SUMN
9. CARNIVAL
10. SLIDE
11. FIELD TRIP
12. FRIED
13. PROMOTION
14. 530
15. DEAD
16. FOREVER ROLLING
17. BOMB (ft. Yuno Miles)
18. RIVER
19. LIFESTYLE
20. SKY CITY

starts at 2hr 27

21. ALL FALLS DOWN
22. JESUS WALKS
23. THROUGH THE WIRE
24. HEY MAMA
25. HEARD EM SAY
26. TOUCH THE SKY
27. GOLD DIGGER
28. DIAMONDS FROM SIERRA LEONE
29. LATE
30. GOOD MORNING
31. STRONGER
32. I WONDER
33. GOOD LIFE
34. CAN’T TELL ME NOTHING
35. FLASHING LIGHTS
36. HOMECOMING
37. HEARTLESS
38. RUN THIS TOWN
39. POWER
40. ALL OF THE LIGHTS
41. MONSTER
42. DEVIL IN A NEW DRESS
43. RUNAWAY
44. HELL OF A LIFE
45. MERCY
46. CLIQUE
47. ON SIGHT
48. BLACK SKINHEAD
49. NEW SLAVES
50. BLOOD ON THE LEAVES
51. BOUND 2
52. NO CHURCH IN THE WILD
53. N****S IN PARIS
54. OTIS
55. ALL DAY
56. ONLY ONE
57. FOURFIVESECONDS
58. ULTRALIGHT BEAM
59. FATHER STRETCH MY HANDS PT. 1
60. FAMOUS
61. WOLVES
62. FADE
63. YIKES
64. ALL MINE
65. GHOST TOWN
66. VIOLENT CRIMES
67. FEEL THE LOVE
68. HURRICANE
69. MOON
70. OFF THE GRID
71. JAIL
72. PRAISE GOD
73. COME TO LIFE
74. 24

Last edited:
I don’t think Wayne starts the Carter 2 with a Heatmakerz beat without Dipset. Thats for sure.

In terms of his mainstream trajectory. I mean, the Sqad tapes made their way to the DMV. And Soldier was a massive record. Wayne was on his way without Dipset and the NY stamp. That isn’t to say Dipset/NY didn’t help his career but I don’t think he owes his success to them.

I can never say dipset put Wayne on when Wayne is literally an original Hot Boy.

Wayne did change his sound after the Carter 1 but let's not front like the Carter 1 was a dud or something. C1 is still my favorite Carter project to this day.

Wayne's cult like fan base really has its origins in the SQAD Up days. Those tapes helped Wayne a ton. He was able to showcase his versatility instead of continuously rapping over Mannie Fresh beats.

The dipset affiliation really helped New Yorkers to accept Wayne. Dude was already popping in many other areas of the country.

C2 was actually pretty highly anticipated and if I recall the reason he actually had to use Heatmakerz beats was because when Mannie Fresh left Cash Money he left with his beats. Wayne basically redid the whole album.

Last edited:
He's airing all his 'people' out for not clearing up his own ******** he pulled when he embarrassed his boy in front of Key Glock on his pod yesterday

Also wants to claim he finally is a rapper now :lol: >D

Getting packed up couldn't happen to a more deserving 🤡, man was moving with his head gassed to the heavens like he was really a visionary or something because of Drake using him.

Now he's crashing out and lashing out at all his friends after the boy took him off that song, ***** made to a tee

I know y'all don't like him for some odd reason, he really doesn't bother anyone. This was tame.

He sonned his mans though. That's their problem. Truth came out and how he looks at him. If that wasn't his first time telling him this, and he did it on camera, it's kind of ****** up. But setting yourself up to be dependent on another man isn't cool either.

This isn't a crash out. Just sounds like he's tired of people leeching off him.

Last edited:
I never heard Quintana Part 2 without the beat switch up and TI verse. This Travis Scott re-release got some changes on it, songs have more polish.

Last edited:
His punk *** ain’t going nowhere. As soon as the album drops the Kendrick beef will be forgotten. We need some youngins to get these dudes out the paint, where are the successors to turn the page on the drakes and Kendrick’s of the game. Thug was supposed to be in the drivers seat to usher in the new regime but he got cut down and now the game is looking lost currently. Where’s the new young prodigy poised to change the game?

His punk *** ain’t going nowhere. As soon as the album drops the Kendrick beef will be forgotten. We need some youngins to get these dudes out the paint, where are the successors to turn the page on the drakes and Kendrick’s of the game. Thug was supposed to be in the drivers seat to usher in the new regime but he got cut down and now the game is looking lost currently. Where’s the new young prodigy poised to change the game?

I’m fully disconnected from new rap/hip-hop at this age :lol: but is there a successor or a next big star after the Kdot/Cole/Drake run?

Back
Top Bottom