Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Pump It Up going gold 21 years later and being one of the biggest club and radio songs since 2000 shows Joe had every right to beef with Def Jam.

I don’t understand the streaming numbers and sales because you would think once they added streams, the numbers would have been crazy.

**** Return of the Mack by Morrison went for 4x plat to 5x plat in around 5-6 months this year so this **** will never make sense to me.

I’m curious if his debut album went gold because 10-15 years ago it was at 400K or 450K. Feel like it must have went gold. What a fumble by Def Jam. Also one of the most underrated albums since 2000.

It was technically gold years ago. It was huge when it dropped. I think what happened was Def Jam either never certified with RIAA or they just never sent him his plaque.
Joe mentioned it on the pod that Def Jam had his plaque for years I wanna say.

I think LL just has enough authority at Def Jam to actually give it to Joe despite the many bridges I'm sure Joe burned on his exit.

Joe has a habit of going nuclear on his way outta situations. I know he got quite a few exec friends but 'Steve' from marketing who actually receives the plaques might not have the same feelings as the higher ups.

we back to sneak dissin? :rofl:

this boy never learns man gaahhhh damn.

edit: checking twitter replies and most people are happy cause this could mean more Kdot music :lol: ☠️

Last edited:
It was technically gold years ago. It was huge when it dropped. I think what happened was Def Jam either never certified with RIAA or they just never sent him his plaque.

This sounds accurate. I remember hearing his album was gold but there’s no record of it. Kendrick’s last few releases have been gold or platinum but there’s no record of them either. I guess he stopped caring and never had them certified like he did early on.

In minority but 2 out of these 3 Drake tracks slap, along with its up from the last one 🤷🏽‍♂️

Still screams desperate and should of waited till next 1-2 years to drop

1724464841008.gif

Tracks no one gon care about next week

Don’t think people will respond. He looks desperate and pathetic. Everything he does online gets killed, his new music bricks compared to what a new feature or song used to do.
Drake needs to just work on making songs that don’t sound like parodies of his much better previous songs. Not a single track he’s released post-beef has hit. No Gods Plan, Hotline Bling, Started From The Bottom, Trophies, 0 To 100, etc. He hasn’t even dropped something close to Toosie Slide :lol: :lol:

is Snoop the most popular/known rapper in the world at this point? He’s done everything, over the past 30 years
Yea probably.

Snoop, Jay, 50, Pac, Biggie, Drake and Eminem the most recognized rappers globally but I think Snoop got em all beat.

He made an unprecidented transition from scary gangster rapper to personable/likable guy. He's like everybody's uncle lol.

I just heard of ybcdul yesterday from a wild documentary. And today he is no longer.

This should be a lesson to the youngins

Ny is the only place that cared about Wayne running with dipset. Wayne was going to blow regardless.
Was listen to JBP...convo was about NY breaking down south artist and joe casually drops in "dieset broke wayne" like it was some known fact. I was floored. Talk about delusional.

Edit: did not realize that moment was the Genesis of this convo lol. He said it so casually, I didn't think it'd be chopped up.

Again, this is like somebody losing a fight and keep talking ****. We already know what you made of. All Drake is doing is confirming everything people say about him. He can't handle not being in the spotlight, he cares too much what people think. It's soft behavior. He's soft.

A real one would say "aye I took a L. I'ma leave it there and move on". This man shooting like game 6 Harden. Brick after brick hoping something lands so he can have a "moment".

Back
Top Bottom