Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I bought it, but haven't listened yet.

25 for a EP

1724869519958.png

comments like these are lame AF and extremely short sighted. politicans do the same and try to blame influencers.

as a parent myself, my kids are gonna be raised a certain way and thats on me. no artist or influencer will have more of an impact on them then me. and if that is the case then i’ve failed as a parent, and i’m not about to do that with my kids.

with that being said - It’s still O-V-*** tho :lol:

Yeah, but we also should care about the kids raised by social media, their peers and music and not just our own

We're also going to deal with them in society

We can't have a Michael Jordan, **** them kids attitude

The issue is that six months ago this incel would have never said this, but now he feels it's acceptable to say. He's not a new artist. He had 13, 14, 15 years and a platform for half of Drake's time to get this take off. He should have been preaching against Drake six months, six years ago. His music was always repetitive and never changed, so why weren't you speaking this beta male crap then? Because you're truly a beta male and didn't want the push back.

Being an alpha is having your own opinion and going against the grain if need be.

Last edited:
as a parent myself, my kids are gonna be raised a certain way and thats on me. no artist or influencer will have more of an impact on them then me. and if that is the case then i’ve failed as a parent, and i’m not about to do that with my kids.

This sound good but there’s no precedent for how ubiquitous social media and the rabbitholes it can send your kid down lol

Even for the prior generation to now, Wayne Kanye Gucci Jeezy Boosie etc had way more influence on ****** than they parents at least in the moment of you being around your peers

Lol a lot has happened media consumption wise since the 80’s and early 90’s timeframe that you’re using as the barometer of “if celebrities are more influential than the parent then the parent failed”

I think “2016” and beyond has more to do with what Fresh and Fit dude is referencing, but I do think Drake had an effect on what ****** thought was okay to express or the persona they give off. the Andre > Pharrell > Kanye > Drake lineage

1724857043058.png

big if true.
bad as republicans saying homosexuals have ruined our country. Operating with zero facts, zero correlations, zero causations.

And if we went back to our dads’ generation where “real men” hid their thoughts and feelings to be “tough” we’d have even more mental illness, hidden depression and undoubtedly more domestic violence than we do today. There are stats that actually do back all of that up.

Interjecting Drake is just some lame attempt to assign blame for ignorant prejudices and trying to turn the clock back on societal progress.

bad as republicans saying homosexuals have ruined our country. Operating with zero facts, zero correlations, zero causations.

And if we went back to our dads’ generation where “real men” hid their thoughts and feelings to be “tough” we’d have even more mental illness, hidden depression and undoubtedly more domestic violence than we do today. There are stats that actually do back all of that up.

Interjecting Drake is just some lame attempt to assign blame for ignorant prejudices and trying to turn the clock back on societal progress.

Like the Four Tops and Temptations (which I absolutely love) were the peak of "real men" not being "in their feelings"? I'm certainly no Drake fan, but dude is just trying to capitalize of whatever is hot on social media to push his dumbass agenda. Troll tactics and rage bating.

Like the Four Tops and Temptations (which I absolutely love) were the peak of "real men" not being "in their feelings"? I'm certainly no Drake fan, but dude is just trying to capitalize of whatever is hot on social media to push his dumbass agenda. Troll tactics and rage bating.

Were the Four Tops and Temptations bragging in songs about taking girls phones before they could hang out with them lol

He normalized a lot of “ethos” that would have been looked at funny ten years prior

Back
Top Bottom