Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Definitely got the duck face.:lol:

Was scrolling through YouTube after work and could resist watching this with all new perspective.

Still just as corny as I remember him being.:lol:

:wow: thats his daughter
thats wild

Yeah it’s wild lol

She has chilled out on the socials tho, I guess drawing attention to yourself for shooting at *****es on Snapchat prolly not that smart when you knee deep in the streets/prostitution game :lol: :smh:

I think she upgraded from being a *** herself tho she like a “manager” now, female she used to be with all the time just got jammed up for pimping but this ***** still out here wylin lowkey

:smh::lol:

I’m still going with the idea that, lyrically, Duppy was better than Story. The impact of Story did son in though. No denying that.

And you know the masses don’t care about any of that. Prisoners of the moment.

What's the purpose of a diss song?

And what was so lyrically dope about Duppy?

I've never seen that show, never heard of it until he started singing and getting famous.

Broads getting the face tats now? That's crazy

What happened to this kid? I thought this song was hard as ****, Remix was crazy

lantana cool but young butta is the best rapper from the nati

for those that know..yall cant front like this wasn't a banger back in the day lol..lookin at it now..this **** was horrible lol..this ***** blackjack was the cincinatti soulja boy lol

Last edited:
I'm sorry but outside of rapsody, 99% of female rapper **** are trash.

Nicki out here struggling. Two days ago, dropped a flopper with Wayne. Now she got with another one with Grande. Issa wrap like seran for her

I'm sorry but outside of rapsody, 99% of female rapper **** are trash.

Nicki out here struggling. Two days ago, dropped a flopper with Wayne. Now she got with another one with Grande. Issa wrap like seran for her

She seems like 50 Cent was. Like she's done musically, but is still clinging to her popularity.

Like she's throwing everything against the wall trying to get a hit and a song to stick.

Every formula song, every collaboration
Even doing trolling antics

She still has two more months left, how many more songs is she going to drop?

She better call up Safaree with the hey big head or something.

She seems like 50 Cent was. Like she's done musically, but is still clinging to her popularity.

Like she's throwing everything against the wall trying to get a hit and a song to stick.

Every formula song, every collaboration
Even doing trolling antics

She still has two more months left, how many more songs is she going to drop?

She better call up Safaree with the hey big head or something.

Funny thing is, those first two songs worked for her fanbase. The mistake was having the release date in June with Drake. Then with the two month pushback. Now she got 4 tracks out. With two months left, she gob have to drop two more singles. Her team trash.

And now she tryna use this cheat code:
Nicki Minaj Aims To Boost "Queen" Sales By Bundling Album With Concert Tickets

Artists dont realize that sometimes doing too much hurts them

Two recent examples:

Nicki dropping 6-7 songs, even back to No Frauds etc, all which probably 1 or 2 may end up on the album

Drake dropping I’m Upset at the height of the beef, should’ve remained an album cut, and rode God’s Plan/Nice for What into the album

Chris Brown dropping 45 song album, fam, no one listened to all 45 of those songs, he could’ve gotten the best 12-15 and had a great album

Tray Dee was too busy gangbanging now his daughter out here banging the gang

B0F03E9E-D86C-4E3B-A606-7942DC1DC3D4.jpeg

Big Tray did almost 10 for attempted murder, this was when he had just touched down :lol:

Artists dont realize that sometimes doing too much hurts them

Two recent examples:

Nicki dropping 6-7 songs, even back to No Frauds etc, all which probably 1 or 2 may end up on the album

Drake dropping I’m Upset at the height of the beef, should’ve remained an album cut, and rode God’s Plan/Nice for What into the album

Chris Brown dropping 45 song album, fam, no one listened to all 45 of those songs, he could’ve gotten the best 12-15 and had a great album
The beef is over though. Pusha won and now drake can go on and drop the summer banger and people will move on. He actually did the right move here

The only people still fixated on him and pusha aren’t even in his demographic anyway

What's the purpose of a diss song?

And what was so lyrically dope about Duppy?

The purpose of a diss song, imo, is two fold. To have a substantial impact on the opponent (ie Hit Em Up, Back Down, Ether), as well as flex lyrical prowess (ie Canada Dry, Blueprint 2, Checkmate). You may debate that, but that’s my take on it.

Not at all trying to argue that Story was not a lyrical track. I’d be lying. Push barred Aubrey up. But the content and delivery of Duppy, to me, we just better from a lyrical standpoint.

Drake lost that exchange. There’s no debating that. The impact from Story caused a lot of people to forget about Duppy, which should be the case in a battle. But if you revisit the track, you can spot that son was barring cats up.

Back
Top Bottom