Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The purpose of a diss song, imo, is two fold. To have a substantial impact on the opponent (ie Hit Em Up, Back Down, Ether), as well as flex lyrical prowess (ie Canada Dry, Blueprint 2, Checkmate). You may debate that, but that’s my take on it.

Not at all trying to argue that Story was not a lyrical track. I’d be lying. Push barred Aubrey up. But the content and delivery of Duppy, to me, we just better from a lyrical standpoint.

Drake lost that exchange. There’s no debating that. The impact from Story caused a lot of people to forget about Duppy, which should be the case in a battle. But if you revisit the track, you can spot that son was barring cats up.

I revisited the track recently, and Story Of Adidon rendered it useless. It may as well have been “Wanna Know”

I'm ready to hear that scorpion album

It already came out in March 2001. There’s maybe 6 songs I still listen to today from there

Duppy was nice but don’t let that father stretch his hands bar cloud ya judgement :lol:.

And tbh it’s a diss record theres no point of drug dealers anonymous level bars... that **** flys over most people’s heads. Get to the point and kick his teeth in.

AK said he heard a snippet and the drake response is on the album but he toned the vulgarity down...

Is it too late in you guys opinion ?

If Jay Prince ain’t do a press run about it being squashed I’d be all for it. Now I’m not sure

AK said he heard a snippet and the drake response is on the album but he toned the vulgarity down...

If Jay Prince ain’t do a press run about it being squashed I’d be all for it. Now I’m not sure

It's late but I'm all for a response.

Yea

I’ll listen tho :lol:

Maybe a lil bit late, look kinda funny tho when _'s say the fight over and then you slip a jab in :lol:

Would Push be outtaline for responding to whatever it is?

Edt: It could very well just be vague Drake bars aimed at nobody in particular

Meh. That ****’s corny.

I was hoping they didn’t take this route. Too late in my book. Push exposed the fact that homie isn’t always this calculated demi god that people prop him up to be.

I’ll listen though. :lol:

I revisited the track recently, and Story Of Adidon rendered it useless. It may as well have been “Wanna Know”

And the beat is trash too. I almost would have rather he just hopped on a known instrumental. That **** sounds like something that could be found deep in Soundclick archives from 2010.

The damage is done and the L has been handed out.

They'll probably continue to trade jabs for a while ala Jay & Nas post-Ether/Supa Ugly...but I doubt they'll get in the ring again.

Duppy was nice but don’t let that father stretch his hands bar cloud ya judgement :lol:.

And tbh it’s a diss record theres no point of drug dealers anonymous level bars... that **** flys over most people’s heads. Get to the point and kick his teeth in.

Pretty much, which is exactly what Pusha did :lol: that’s why it’s funny to me that the same people that have been dissing “rappity rap” for so long have been whining about “Pusha got too personal, he needed to bring bars”. So which one is it :lol:?? Drake was thoroughly cleansed without Pusha sounding like Immortal Technique or the average Canibus song.

in hiphop, anything over a week is considered “old” or “too late”

With that being said, if the response is hittin, the beef will be back on, but it cant be “subs” or woulda coulda shoulda

Didn’t Ether drop like 8 months after Takeover or some ****?

It’s wack as hell to respond after your OG said it’s over and done with. It’s like telling the teacher and then popping off while the teacher is with you

The time isn’t really an issue but he responded fast as **** with Duppy. And he was talking **** to Meek about not responding fast

Back
Top Bottom