Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

/\ Do we usually compare artists' works to THEIR other works and to their contemporaries....or do we judge ALL music on ONE giant scale with the same criteria?

Chances are...the people who are posting music you consider "bull****" in here that they like...aren't looking at Nas and said BS artist in the same light and judging them with the same gavel.

Gunna can have a fire *** mixtape...and Nas can have a trash album.

You’re exactly right.

Like when Jay dropped Magna or 4:44 or Nas’ most recent album. There’s at least a dozen classics between the 2.

They’re judged on a ridiculous scale because of their previous work. It’s like people want them to replicate once in a lifetime levels of artistry over and over again :lol:

If you judge Jays and Nas’ recent albums with their contemporaries they’ll always be some of the top albums of the year regardless unless it’s some absolutely trash.

The only other person I can think of with a similar standard is Dre and that’s mostly because he’s been pump faking us for years.

Future prolly wrote both verses

D3C3E280-6516-4E35-9BDF-080E473EE38F.jpeg

Hov was flowing

/\ Do we usually compare artists' works to THEIR other works and to their contemporaries....or do we judge ALL music on ONE giant scale with the same criteria?

Chances are...the people who are posting music you consider "bull****" in here that they like...aren't looking at Nas and said BS artist in the same light and judging them with the same gavel.

Gunna can have a fire *** mixtape...and Nas can have a trash album.

It's one thing to say nas album is underwhelming by his standards & saying his album is trash. Those are too completely different things. Dudes be itching to diminish good projects because it's not "classic" material everytime & then hype of some garbage over & over & over again.

Dudes will talk about a flow being off, beat selection, a lack of "hungriness" from the more established rappers & then come into the thread praising a ***** who put in an 1/8 of the work on any of that. It's like people are so use and adaptive to mediocre **** that anything that doesn't fit in that lane gets overly criticized & bashed. Like a ***** can't tell me "insert repetitive beat, flow, adlib, hook rapper" has one of the best projects of the year & then in the same sentence say Nas album was uninspired & lacked "work" ....

And to top it off this era has the biggest amount of hive mentality that i've ever experienced.... so dudes run with these BS social media takes w/o even trying to listen to the projects. It's a really weird time where mediocre **** is put on the pedestal & projects from well established artist are bashed

All i know is that for the amount of critique this nas album is getting, & the amount of bull**** i see posted in here as being flawless or amazing something ain't adding up.
Its why I rarely take opinions in here seriously.

Cuz I'll press play on the alleged fire dudes post and it be straight trash 30 seconds in.

So especially when they compare one album to another and say Nasir is trash I just think these ****** different.
Jay and Bey album is really a true hip hop album...

Don't debate me
:rofl:

Nas album was dope to me, but that IG post is some *******. It's like when you become friends with someone and everything they do you see no wrong in it. Now mans is cosigning this Kardashian *******.

I’m mostly trolling. Nas’ album was decent. I’m going to go back to it today most likely.

He got too much of that Wyoming air, tho.:lol::smh:

A lot of people went into that Nas album with crazy high expectations. Literally saw people say they wanted another Illmatic.

The ***** dropped 11 other albums since that one and none of them were Illmatic quality :lol:
I actually like iww better.

I mean if I was that age and she was giving it up I would too :lol:

These dudes dumb for falling asleep amd these chicks stay foul for live streaming it.

Boys stay flexing mark...bey puts the battery in every black educated woman back that has flavor. I’ve never met a black chick with flavor that don’t rock with bey.

I notice a lot of unattractive or overweight chicks diss Beyonce. I think that stems from their lack of self esteem and confidence.

Beyoncé has never had flavor to me, she been a square and a robot forever.

Begged my girl not to spend money on that concert, same *** songs and same show for years now and tickets are way too high. Not worth it.

That's her not showing her personality to the media. She has no reason too, and it's better for us to know less about our stars.

You think she's a robot in every day life?

Pusha and NaS albums get the same grade from me. Both sound rushed, both got bars, both got two trash beats and five dope songs. I think both probably had better projects lined up than what we heard.

Pusha's album is far better than Nas'. Nothing sounds rushed about Push's album. That's why it went first.

Anybody that downs Beyonce's performance skills can't be trusted.

Not at all. It's like people who diss Lebron. I can acknowledge your talent without necessarily being a big fan of yours.

What are y’all talking bout?

For some reason I can’t see embedded Instagram posts on mobile.

Back
Top Bottom