Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

[Video]

Why did this say Mon-Fri?

I hope they introduce different elements to the show as it's beginning to get repetitive.[/Video]

I have never...and will never understand the idea of these guys "trolling" when they open up about their sexuality. I don't think it's an "either/or" situation when it comes to getting attention to sell records, and revealing personal details about one's life.

The song with Estelle is CLEARLY personal and not him being his usual silly self...and the song is clearly about struggling with hiding "love".

I remember dudes saying the same thing about Frank Ocean when he dropped that line in one of their group raps before his album dropped.

He has lines alluding to his sexuality before...so why is this a story right now as opposed to before?

He also has a very cult like following and never catered to masses as far as campaigning for album sales and marketing gimmicks. So realistically what would this be "gaining" him right now? The entire Odd Future collective and their fan base are largely made up of Generation-Y where gender fluidity and Sexuality already exist within a spectrum far more prevalent than in any other generation.

When I read this...the first thing that came to me mind was: Not surprised.

Damn sure wasn't "he's trolling".

Last edited:
Unless your name is Marshall Mathers, you not gonna dance around being ayo, and then pass it off as "it's a gimmick!" and everything be cool

Back
Top Bottom