Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

ion need no hook fa this beat 
laugh.gif

School Boi was derrty back then :pimp:. Boy had hits. Let's not forget he came off shake your tail feather too.

Murphy Lee was 20...fronting like he was 15 :lol:. Eyes stayed fried. He killed every feature

Shake Ya Tailfeather went #1 and was on that Bad Boys 2 soundtrack as well as his album

Them _'s actually won a Grammy for that **** 
laugh.gif

What Da Hook got a lot of spins as well 

Last edited:
Yeah that Diddy and Nelly song was big. I remember that St Lunatics song with all the thick girls playing baseball more than that Murphy song.

:lol: I remember being in the 7th grade and seeing the video for Batter Up. I'll never forget when shorty turn around and started clappin to distract the pitcher.

That ***** was bad. :smh:

I'm glad to Joe addressed that because a lotof these young ****** throw bitter around with him like Joe is upset that he's not in the position of some of these rappers. When in reality EVERYTHING he's shown his entire career speaks against that. He's 100% right on that end, dude has never looked to do what other rappers do, he's always embraced the outcast role, and has always been critical of the way the industry treats the artist. so in no way am i gonna say he's bitter of the position that these artist are in because he dislikes 90% of what these artist love about the industry.

Now if you wanna call him corny, excessive, erratic then go right ahead, but the way they frame him to be "bitter" isn't factual.

another Random Joe budden did a total of 22'000 first week completely independent..... Many of these other artist he's bitter with are doing numbers in that ballpark on a major & gotta recoup.........

At the same time, even while embracing his status as an industry outcast, he's tried multiple times to get back on the mainstream scene unsuccessfully. Budden fans have had to listen to a bunch of cringeworthy single attempts with crimgeworthy justifications behind them. He 100% cared about those failures - and theyre pretty recent.

Combine that with his straight up dismissal of artists without even listening to them or just calling them trash, it's gonna come across a certain way.

Ak's theory on why he's bitter is probably more accurate than anything else though. I'm sure it hurts to some extent that he's been doing this personal, vulnerable stuff for a decade before it became cool in hip hop. Same with the social media and fan outreach stuff. He's still in a good place so I'm sure it's not that bad but it has to be there.

can't lie

I'm no iron gang

I can prolly count on one hand how many times I've ironed

and im from the starch generation

I do air dry tho and just pull the wrinkles out

most ill do is let a chick iron it for me

Im no iron gang too

but Ak got wrinkled new shirts! How you got new wrinkled clothes?[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] and how you get wrinkles on the collar? Son probably doesnt use no hangars and has all his shirts on his bedroom floor

Who's the joint that distracts the pitcher in the Batter Up video when she starts to twerk?

I've been googling for like 5 mins ever since I remembered her from the video. :lol:

Was obsessed with her for a few years. That video had a few serious joints. EI too. I **** with Nelly and the Tics.

Speaking of "Batter up".....Angell Conwell was one of THE baddest joints in the early 00s
pimp.gif

Look at Kiyuan face
roll.gif
all the girls who rotated on those late 90's black sitcoms (Jamie Foxx, Fresh Prince, Martin, Sister Sister, Steve Harvey, Wayans Bros, Smart Guy, etc.) were bad as hell.

Remember for some reason the radio couldn't get the clean version of Tailfeather but the song was so big they had no choice but to play it

Back
Top Bottom