Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

2014, 3 years and change ago he quoted that much for a medium sized festival on the east coast.

yep.

if there was any tomfoolery going on we'd know by how his shows turned out. theres no way to fake a packed house and high asking price.

IDK, I been hearing about Chance for a minute, I don't think he just popped up out of no where like people want to believe.

the thing is acid rap did numbers on datpiff from day one. why do you think that is?

do you honestly believe the MUSIC is that good?

yep.

if there was any tomfoolery going on we'd know by how his shows turned out. theres no way to fake a packed house and high asking price.

chance wasnt headlining any of those packed shows back then. dude was opening up for people like eminem and other rappers with huge fan bases. i doubt he was getting 100k back then but who really knows...

the thing is acid rap did numbers on datpiff from day one. why do you think that is?

do you honestly believe the MUSIC is that good?

his style is unique and easily digestable

its really that simple

its hilarious how everything is a conspiracy to some people

he can rap but at the same time he's marketed and packaged hunself to where doing disney soundtracks and **** isnt out of the question

who else has the intangibles listed above for you to compare and question why they arent in the same position

Last edited:
Chance seems like a good dude but media putting him the "independent" rapper box is misleading as hell.

If dudes wanna believe he's really independent and got interviews with Oprah, Ellen and ****, winning awards, BET treating him like Jesus came back all w/o having a serious push....

sass2.png

I'm fine with referring to Chance as "independent" in the technical sense of what that means. However, you're lying to yourself if you believe that his mere talent and image is what helped him put together the "team" he has that has enabled him to be where he is today.

It's like a perceived self-made millionaire who just "happened" to get tips and counseling from Warren Buffet on how to grow their money.

Every success story has a bit of luck and circumstance involved to a degree.

So sure...he's independent...but there are a few variables at play that makes his situation a bit different from what we typically think of as artists who are independent.

showed my homie the paid in full cypher a wk ago and he said the same thing he said this dude was the "real life hakeem lyon" lol

imo he has no choice but to embrace being the rich kid

if he tries to make conscious songs its gonna be nick cannon corny

better off unapolagetically being the rich kid

maybe even get Jada and them to write him some grimy **** from the angle of having shooters off puff payroll or some **** lol

its all entertainment at the end of the day right lol

Last edited:
song don't seem bad

it's pretty much on par with the rest of the microwaveable music

I won't be listening tho lol

Can't lie, I liked the song. The video probably helped it though. It's just dope seeing a little Puff to me.

Song is pretty dope, I can’t front.
CpeLfI3bzgaA38GqvfWFjG_AGDFyq0_L4liZk60nNbq9bGFcjC4yMeuaeohsNFRL5usiCv2-ybQEJxcG6Bd-f74JiZgQC_E=s0-d-e1-ft

It was also nice to see someone young flashing a Bad Boy piece. Gave me old man shivers.

Sounds like a Puff and Mase hybrid on this joint. **** kind of cool. Just having fun and talking **** with his pops money.

Back
Top Bottom