Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Did anyone from Roc A Fella other than the dudes that were always about their business?

Jay
Dame
Biggs

Kanye is the only artist I can think of that did.

I think Jay learned from that situation. That's why he's all about financial literacy with all the Roc Nation artists now.

Speaking of Jay, I watched that Dehaven interview with Doggie Diamonds yesterday. Jay and Emory did him kind of dirty.

Did anyone from Roc A Fella other than the dudes that were always about their business?

Jay
Dame
Biggs

Kanye is the only artist I can think of that did.

I don't think Kanye was. I think he was broke a couple of years ago. Which is why he needed that loan/up front money.

I think Freeway has been doing all right despite the hospital bills.

I think Bleek has done ok, despite the rumors. I think they were just rumors.

I think a lot of the issues has to do with artist having to portray a certain lifestyle to the public.

I doubt Kanye was “broke” broke, seem like he just wanted to use other ppl money to fund his endeavors like a lot these others dudes :lol:

I don't think Kanye was. I think he was broke a couple of years ago. Which is why he needed that loan/up front money.

I think Freeway has been doing all right despite the hospital bills.

I think Bleek has done ok, despite the rumors. I think they were just rumors.

I think a lot of the issues has to do with artist having to portray a certain lifestyle to the public.

I just look at say, The Lox, who've managed to stick around and even parlay their success into other businesses, and it's not the same.

Especially for as strong as RocAFella's brand was at the time.

I don't know what Bleek is up to. He looked like he was heavily involved in Dusse at first but that still seems like a Jay handout IMO.

Free is a good call.

Most of the Philly Roc a fella dudes were never really bout the business from jump...Other than Freeway and the Young Gunz the rest of em either loved the streets too much or fell too much into the other benefits of being a rapper (women, drugs, partying etc)

anyone remember that story
bout the nter
who was like young chris moved into his apartment complex :lol:
was like a normal apartment
didnt he say like go kick it with him
i dont remember exactly
but story was funny

Didn't Beans have like two Bentley's at one point? :lol: You were a dude from the hood, not Rick Ross.

I don't think dudes hustled like they could and should have.

Freeway is the only one who consistently puts out music on labels. And this is with severe health problems. He seems to have good relationships with producers and people in the industry.

Neef puts out mixtapes. Oschino just got in to doing it. Chris seems to be active off and on.

I'm not sure what Peedi does.

Plus them not getting along cost them money. They could have done a ton of Jay shows over the years if they were on good terms. Much less the bags they can pick up as SP.

nah
he admitted he was broke

Nah he said he was in debt from funding his projects/endeavors. Being in debt and being broke is 2 completely different things for somebody like him tho. He likely borrrowed all that money from ppl.

You can’t really take what he say at face value anyway. He wasn’t just asking for a few mil to get by, he was asking Mark Zuckerberg for 1 billion to fund his art :lol:

Didn't Beans have like two Bentley's at one point? :lol: You were a dude from the hood, not Rick Ross.

I don't think dudes hustled like they could and should have.

Freeway is the only one who consistently puts out music on labels. And this is with severe health problems. He seems to have good relationships with producers and people in the industry.

Neef puts out mixtapes. Oschino just got in to doing it. Chris seems to be active off and on.

I'm not sure what Peedi does.

Plus them not getting a long cost them money.

They could have done a ton of Jay shows over the years if they were on good terms. Much less the bags they can pick up as SP.
didnt kat williams give him a bentley or lambo or something
like for his bday 2 years ago

anyone remember that story
bout the nter
who was like young chris moved into his apartment complex :lol:
was like a normal apartment
didnt he say like go kick it with him
i dont remember exactly
but story was funny

I remember. It was a really nice apartment though. Definitely not your average apartment.
That NT was doing well for himself. Same dude that was pushing the A5.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-13-at-7.05.43-PM.png

Dame wouldn't approve of the Convos in here right now

I remember. It was a really nice apartment though. Definitely not your average apartment.
That NT was doing well for himself. Same dude that was pushing the A5.
i thought it looked mad regular
not as bad as the dude who had jkwon
move into his apartment bad
but just regular

IDK the cost of living in Philly but I thought that joint was nice.
2 story loft. Wish I could remember which NTer that was.
I'm gonna try to find the pics.

I always thought the Beans stealing from them situation was more of a Tyrese situation. I'm the bigger star and the "leader" so I should make more. That's a discussion you have as a unit and prior though.
nah
dude was literally STEALING the bag :rofl:

if we being real
me or u
dont know what he actually meant
he could be broke or in debt
either way **** that *****

If he said he was in debt imma go head and assume he meant he was in debt, not broke :lol:

These dudes like to play around w other people money , not their own

As of last year Trump was 300 mil in debt

Back
Top Bottom