Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I remember when this joint dropped. I had like less than 3 months left on my prison sentence, me and my *****s in the dorm were jammin to this ***** on the underground radio station. I remember this song and that “White Girl” CTE were gettin played heavy at that time.

Another song I witnessed down south street cats shed tears too.

Damn my PO.....

That’ll have a down south ***** reciting scripture.

Edit. Meant to post the Follow Me Gangsta version with just Fif.

50 in his prime :smokin

And son it happened so quick
In 96 I went from sittin in the 6
To the turtles on the island beating me with night sticks
Since DFY days I had a problem with authority
When ****** try to tell me what to do it really bothers me

:smokin

Last edited:
All these rappers “fake”. Like Boosie said, they ain’t doin nothin but makin music. Entertainers.

I don’t think ALL rappers fake...but with Plies I’m talking in the sense of dude actually rapping about his brother’s life when in reality he talks proper with a nursing degree.

I don’t think ALL rappers fake...but with Plies I’m talking in the sense of dude actually rapping about his brother’s life when in reality he talks proper with a nursing degree.

I would take that nursing degree part with mountain sized grain of salt.:lol:

And ain’t nothin wrong with speaking properly, that don’t mean you fake.

I don’t think he was rapping his brothers life story cause, he might’ve gotten inspired from his bro, been around ****** who was in the street, but some of the stuff that he says he would have had to experience first hand. Besides I know a few ****** that went to school on some sport scholarship that was on some get money street ****, they still street ****** who went to school. Like Plies.

Last edited:
Nah, Plies is just one of those “smart” street dudes. He knew how to meander through situations. Smartened up and started getting his money in a way to avoid major jail or prison time.

:lol::lol: @ “talks to proper”...? now all of a sudden street dudes can’t have good etiquette and good grammar? You’re definitely not aware of much

Nah, Plies is just one of those “smart” street dudes. He knew how to meander through situations. Smartened up and started getting his money in a way to avoid major jail or prison time.

:lol::lol: @ “talks to proper”...? now all of a sudden street dudes can’t have good etiquette and good grammar? You’re definitely not aware of much

Basically.

Plies is a intelligent hood dude who is able to finesse his way through the music industry and more importantly life. Dude is character on IG, but if you really observe his actions, you can tell he’s a wise cat. He definitely a young og.

Plies is one of those artist I wonder how he exist. Every time I think of him I think of the Jamie Foxx story :lol:

That's why I don't feel but so outraged at Turkey69. We have Plies and Lil Jon.

as far as Plies, I think you can be from the hood but not a street dude. There's plenty of us ordinary dudes who grew up in a rough environment. That's Plies.

Plies is one of those artist I wonder how he exist. Every time I think of him I think of the Jamie Foxx story :lol:

That's why I don't feel but so outraged at Turkey69. We have Plies and Lil Jon.

as far as Plies, I think you can be from the hood but not a street dude. There's plenty of us ordinary dudes who grew up in a rough environment. That's Plies.
Please explain the Jamie Fox story.

I don’t know too many street ****** with nursing degrees

Back
Top Bottom