Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

best version of wayne was when he wanted to be jay-z.

lets argue...

Wayne wanted to be Jay, a Harlem _ and a Philly _ simultaneously :pimp: :lol:

I think the mix of all that plus his own southern swag thrown in is what made Wayne style so compelling at the time. A bunch of elements from a lot of places combined to make something seemingly “fresh”

Edit: Now that I think about it Jay was also experimenting w some Philly flows around this time :lol:

idk if i've ever seen another rapper evolve as many times as wayne has. he's had ALOT of forms over the years.

dude was audible. forming sentences. completing thoughts. voice wasnt shot. ***** was healthy *pause* in a nutshell.

leave the hard stuff alone kids.

Wayne wanted to be Jay, a Harlem _ and a Philly _ simultaneously :pimp: :lol:

I think the mix of all that plus his own southern swag thrown in is what made Wayne style so compelling at the time. A bunch of elements from a lot of places combined to make something seemingly “fresh”

Edit: Now that I think about it Jay was also experimenting w some Philly flows around this time :lol:

Philly def rubbed off on Hov (Young Chris flow!...which rubbed off on Wayne (with Gilly in the corner). That 04-05 Wayne when he was channeling his inner Jay was insane.

DtL-_kFXQAEuG4N.jpg

DtL-_kJXgAEc1LP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom