Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

If I’m him I’m only collabing with Jay, Ye, Cole, Kendrick, Meek etc thats it

But we know he's not gonna do that. :lol:

He has a strange love for trap _'s and street artist. We know Drake is a huge name but he also gets a co-sign from them every time he hops on the newest rapper. His wants to sit at the pop launch table and the hood table calling everybody his "bro".

If I was desperate, upped that feature fee to like 50-100k... yeah. I’d tax the heck out of Drake if he reached out. But I ain’t desperate.

Where did Drake take Makonnens career?

Future and Migos were gonna thrive with or without Drake, based off talent. Same with Kodak.
Talent usually breaks the seal at some point. Kodak, Future, and Migos ain’t need Drake.

Dudes like blocboy and blueface need Drake, cause they not talented.

Drake is an EASY lick, (If you’re smart).

I wouldn’t collab with him.

But we know he's not gonna do that. :lol:

He has a strange love for trap _'s and street artist. We know Drake is a huge name but he also gets a co-sign from them every time he hops on the newest rapper. His wants to sit at the pop launch table and the hood table calling everybody his "bro".

After his first two albums he shoulda just remained in that realm of limited features, I’d be iffy even giving Wayne/Nicki verses in todays day and age

Everybody in here would take the Drake verse if they were a new cat in the game. :lol:

It’s debatable, just depend on where you at mindset/career wise as far as what you have in place and what you tryna do

It’s def cool for a short term burst of love, show money etc but you gotta look at the long term

Big songs in general get you fans but when it’s that early in your career you gotta really understand that a big chunk of those people aren’t necessarily fans of you, but of the song/hype/moment. If you can’t continue to manufacture moments like that then it’s quiet. And every rapper not made to exist in that space.

Damn it's three major releases coming out tomorrow.

I've heard of his name for the longest, but I never listened until I was at work. That intro on Benny album was too fire.

It’s debatable, just depend on where you at mindset/career wise as far as what you have in place and what you tryna do

It’s def cool for a short term burst of love, show money etc but you gotta look at the long term

Big songs in general get you fans but when it’s that early in your career you gotta really understand that a big chunk of those people aren’t necessarily fans of you, but of the song/hype/moment. If you can’t continue to manufacture moments like that then it’s quiet. And every rapper not made to exist in that space.

It's easy to type this and say all that. It's different when you in the situation. JB Bloccboy owes his whole career to dude. Now days in the streaming era, all you need is one big song to catapult you . All of the fans won't stay, but enough will.

It's easy to type this and say all that. It's different when you in the situation. JB Bloccboy owes his whole career to dude. Now days in the streaming era, all you need is one big song to catapult you . All of the fans won't stay, but enough will.

It’s easy to type and say “y’all lying, nobody is turning down a Drake feature”...

Now what !??

People make music for different reasons, if winning the popularity contest is a priority then yeah, take the feature. Some people use music as a tool and want to stay true to their craft.

People make music for different reasons, if winning the popularity contest is a priority then yeah, take the feature. Some people use music as a tool and want to stay true to their craft.

The other 2 of the “big 3” (Kendrick and Cole), both featured Drake on their debut album

You can do both easily. Off the top of my head, mostmos these features have been quality in respects to the music they make. So far, Drake is 2/2 out of killing those Lil Baby tracks

At the end of the day if you talented you don't need a feature from anybody. Like I said Kodak turned him down and doing great. Future was doing great before WATTBA. Migos was poppin before him. 21 Savage ain't NEED a Drake collab. 9 times outta 10 if Drake is jumping on your **** it's cuz you already buzzin big.

He can help you reach the pop crowd but that crowd is fickle as hell. You run the risk of people labeling you as just another Drake collab vs having a real fan base for the long term.

On a side note, I need to know who this Blueface ***** is signed too. His rise makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom