Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

j3vjUi.gif

“Rock, pop star... I sell a brick in Palm Angels”

:pimp:

I mean he's been ambiguous until then on whether they was still ******* with each other or not.

Both him & Ye have both stayed in public interviews that they still got love for each other... they just disagree on things

In this new Era of the Internet people act as if you **** with someone then you must agree & support EVERYTHING they say or do

I'm giving this dude JID a chance but damn off the jump I hear a Kendrick DNA impression. It's almost like he's Kendrick's Desiigner. Very strange. :lol:

Cam & Wayne both released tons of music with actual substance tho.. cam has damn near a 10 year rap career BEFORE he went full out Diplomat heavy Swag lines
I been following both of them their whole careers I can't say they got tons, it's few and far between. Wayne and Cam fans always point to a short period when they were "lyrical" and even at their peaks they wasn't that great. Then all of the nonsense, silly rhymes for years and years.

On another note it’s extremely ridiculous that Jay clearly stated “Don’t put me & Ye against each other”

And dudes are so thirsty for beef ***** Jay had to log into his Twitter account to reiterate this point.. WHOLE point of the verse flew right by *****s heads

The funny thing is that you can look at Prince and Michael Jackson comparison as a entendre also. Because Mike was the one "trying to be white" and Prince was the one who was about owning your **** and self empowerment.

Running through ice cube first 3 albums last night
And this morning
He really top 15
But hardly gets mentioned

Because people act as if rap before 2000 doesn't exist.

You have to be dead, Biggie, L, Pun or Pac.

Top 5. Posibally the GOAT. Kareem Abdul Jabbar of rap

I wouldn't say that, but I could see people saying it.

After The Predator and him getting with Das he was washed.

That whole King of the West to Kendrick, that should be Ice Cube

because, easily

Cube > Snoop and Game

young cam in c.o.t.c. was a monsta..in 89 when i was slapboxin now i box on padlockin
And gat cockin and gat poppin doin drive bys out da black datsun
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses
You feel me, kisses or wishes, before I break you up like dishes
**** your bosses, my forces, endorse this
To kill all your sources y'all ****** best be cautious
No losses my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsches
Ride to OTB to check my money on the horses

Bruh... Like Cam and Dipset could do no wrong in my eyes in the early-mid 2000s. Then I stumbled on Big L and he became my #1. THEN I find COTC and hear young Cam straight snapping. Blew my mind. Rip Big L man

His last tape sounded like he recorded over a flip phone. Mixing was bad. He just washed up, been that way for years.

People need to stop letting their nostalgia dictate how an album/tape is. The Program was alright at best. Bad mixing plus Cam is a total shell of himself, and it’s very apparent after revisiting older Dipset stuff. I really want to make Diplomatic Ties a Jim Jones solo.

The funny thing is that you can look at Prince and Michael Jackson comparison as a entendre also. Because Mike was the one "trying to be white" and Prince was the one who was about owning your **** and self empowerment.

Didn’t think of it this way but that’s actually a very good representation of their Aims in Music.. Both Kanye & Mike want to be the biggest, the Superstar at all cost... to the point their personal lives are tumultuous. Although I will say Both Mike & Kanye are both very much into independent ownership also... however the fame is just as important.

Prince... Much like Jay in these later years isn’t concerned in being the Mist famous artist, the most popular.

Both have just released music & continued to only make moves there interested in.

Just my opinion on the Jay/Kanye thing. Jay doesn't want to **** on Kanye in public but he still doesn't want to associate himself with the circus family Kanye is in. Him and his Queen ain't even go to Kanye's wedding. Then Kanye starts having meltdowns and being a house _ for Trump. I think Jay still got love for him but it's like I'm separating myself cuz you on some BS.

Back
Top Bottom