Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Music streaming giant Spotify is releasing a new feature which allows users to block artists from appearing in their libraries, playlists and radio stations. However, it won’t block songs the artist is featured on. The feature is currently only available on iOS devices in the latest Spotify update. The feature is a welcome change to the streaming service for people who want to boycott artists or just block annoying songs.

https://northernstar.info/entertain...cle_411743ee-22b8-11e9-8f5c-4fe16a1ed85c.html
Cant wait
Nikki
Drake
Travis Scott
Juice Wrld
And potentially future gettin blocked

luda-2.jpg

This how you know a lot of our past and present favorite rappers are washed or just straight up scared to really battle Tory. I think most people thought he got lucky with the Joyner battle because he rapped fast on the beat without most people breaking down the lyrics. Now he’s 2-0 against two established well known lyricists. After listening to this second battle of his, I honestly think he can beat Royce or Em in a straight up one song only battle. Royce is a lyricist, and he knows that it’s a possibility that him and anybody else around shady can get dismantled by Tory.
Pass that.

Like I don't even agree he beat Joyner. He brought some heat though.

And c'mon who the **** is Don Q?

Now you saying he could beat Royce? ROOOYYYYYCCCCEEE?!

Why y'all dudes always gotta jump out the window with the praise?

Just cuz I saw his face, I know Tory would lose to lame as Game in a rap battle. Let alone ******* Royce da 5'9".
Forget the mute feature, that pic is scary b
Eh, feel like the oic was chosen to reflect the title.

Still going cleat deep in to to Nicki with no dambs given.

Last edited:

Akadmks done lost his whole lane to a hood n_

If you in tune with the cc show son got all the mixy ****** in the city joining his live exposing eachother as well as big time rappers premiering new music

Envy Caine telling on himself how he robbed Popperazi Po :lol:

His disses would have much more power if he tones it down with all the IG ****. He getting too cocky. Somebody gon bait him and at some point, somebody gon cook him and he may not recover.

I disagree that Tory beat Joyner, but it was damn close. That battle was bars for days

Barbershop arguments, but how are diss tracks even ranked these days? The shots? The lyrical ability? Memorable bars? Extracurricular clowning?

We need metrics. That Don Q diss was disgusting tho, I don't think there's any coming back from that

I disagree that Tory beat Joyner, but it was damn close. That battle was bars for days

Barbershop arguments, but how are diss tracks even ranked these days? The shots? The lyrical ability? Memorable bars? Extracurricular clowning?

We need metrics. That Don Q diss was disgusting tho, I don't think there's any coming back from that

Their based on a track by track basis. Tory came harder at Don, even if Don was more lyrical, so he wins R1.

Yea but Irv said Jay was lowkey salty about it and their relationship hasn't been the same since.
On Drink Champs I remember Irv saying that and he also admitted that was a mistake cuz Jay was his man from day 1 and he was feeling himself cuz of the success Murder Inc was having. He said like 10 years ago him and Jay met somewhere and got passed it.

Fat Joe and Nas still ain't cool cuz Joe had Nas back, then Joe got at Nas for squashing it but Joe and Hov cool. That beef caused some collateral damage. :lol:

Em and Royce are living in the past and surviving off of pure hype. If your so lyrical and top echelon like you claim to be (as does your fans claims you are also). Then stop talking, and stop getting upset like you want to take it the streets. We know Tory a singing cat.

Bar him up and stop talking and I’ll respect you more. I’m a hip hop fan to the purest degree, and people like me love stuff like this. Tory wants smoke with any rapper over beats, it’s just friendly competition to see who’s the best in his opinion. But since he skills are up to par with y’alls favorite rapper, everybody is in their feelings, people saying = he’s corny for being confident and trolling ya favorite top rapper who’s really hesitant to respond, he didn’t win because he used Drakes cadence, hell Drake don’t even use his own cadence lol, plus there’s no rules when battling.

All these is excuses are showing the world yalls favorite rapper is getting bodied by an R&B cat. I don’t care what your favorite rapper says about themselves and their counterparts, stop talking and get on the mic, otherwise, your not top level to me. All of these rappers are twitting and talking. Stop the excuses and show and prove like Tory is right now.

He’s gained so much respect from me these last couple of months because of this. He’s not scared of anybody, and your favorite rapper is getting overly emotional because Tory knows they all talk. We don’t care what you did back in the day, this is now. Stop talking and put up. Cats just out here talking about hip hop, and not even participating in it when someone wants to challenge them, *****, lmao.

Whoever makes my face look like I smelled some **** the most times usually wins in my mind

On Drink Champs I remember Irv saying that and he also admitted that was a mistake cuz Jay was his man from day 1 and he was feeling himself cuz of the success Murder Inc was having. He said like 10 years ago him and Jay met somewhere and got passed it.

Fat Joe and Nas still ain't cool cuz Joe had Nas back, then Joe got at Nas for squashing it but Joe and Hov cool. That beef caused some collateral damage. :lol:
yeah but it also showed how trash and disloyal new yorkers are

Straight up

Just listened to Im Not Joyner and forgot it was playing while reading an article :lol:

I have to agree, I can't really define what makes a great diss but memorable bars and a good beat is definitely high on my list

Tory put Don in a casket

idk the don q joint was hard.

i heard a snippet where tory was like don was buying verses from dreamdoll tryna hit and he just hit on some first night **** :lol: :pimp: thats funny im bout to peep

Back
Top Bottom