Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

22 DA GENERAL :emoji_cyclone::emoji_cyclone:

These ****** should be up next if they could just escape the gang ****, because these ****** are way too eager to tell the world everything that's happening

These Young Brooklyn cats got A LOT of eyes on them because outside off 22G'z none of them have gotten any industry love & they still seem to be getting 100K plus on each video

I got on Tory relatively late (like the last Chixtape). Dude continues to impress me more and more with each passing song/ feature/ project.

Don Q got ate the **** up.

We gotta stop assuming Tory can’t or won’t respond. He killing these dudes.

I like JID a lot but right now I’m thinking he may be biting off more than he can chew.

Also idk if it's the fact that people aren't use to rappers actually rapping anymore, but nothing about that Tory diss says body bag :lol::lol:

rap beef now is conceding the other side got some bars in or even outright beat him or didnt have a worse diss, but bc social media and **** go one way its like people concede solely bc of that...its a popularity contest

the first time that happened was meek drake

lowkey meek and drake is the time marker for a lot of the differences in hip hop in the first half of decade and second

really summer 2015 as a whole

Nah. That wasn’t a body. But it’s a better track than I’m Not Joyner.

Don gotta make his next move his best move.

wtf damn tyler the creator co signing da baby on his IG story

him being a legit star about to open up so many doors for the carolinas

pierre and billz hopefully go on a run too

i just want an a&r job :lol:

Stop the hate. If you don’t like an artist, just say that. But saying he didn’t body Q is just pure hate, or just plain crazy. Maybe your not use to hearing real battles anymore, because it’s a lost art, where mumble/trap rap, and being repetitive in your music is more popular now. Hopefully more top level rappers will take the bait so he can prove his point more, but I doubt that will happen. Because the consequences losing to him outweigh the reward if you beat him.

Look at it like this. Say if Royce Bodies him, it won’t be a surprise because Royce is a well known top lyricists. If Tory so happens to even come out in a draw, Tory will get way more praise and props the public/fans, because there’s no way he’s suppose to be able to hang with someone like Royce or Em. That’s the real reason why nobody on their level will jump out of the window on him right now.

Trust and believe that all of the top MC,s are watching this just like us. After this round, they know he’s not joke that you can brush off as just someone trolling. It’s a reason why he’s so confident. It’s pretty crazy when you think about all of the top rappers that could come out and shut him up right now, but their quiet. Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm, wonder why. He’s gained my respect for showing action, rather than just talking about it, like a lot of rappers do nowadays.

My cousin used to work the same club as Dream Doll. Said she was a go getter, she got serious miles on her but said her house was nice as hell

That’s the entire point. These cats are getting bodied by Tory. The supposedly top MC,s don’t even come out to battle like that nowadays. Most of the rappers, whether old or young, just want to noise in interviews, or on ig. But none of them are getting in the booth to show and prove like they had to back in the day. Ill even give Don Q props for starting it. Like Tory said a couple of days ago. Rap is suppose to be competitive, so why are so many rappers getting offended because he’s confident in himself. It’s because he’s versatile and skilled when it comes to battle rapping.

I know most people don’t like his arrogance/confidence. But one the one thing he’s really gifted at, is his response back time. Most of y’alls favorite rapper is going to take a couple of weeks to a couple of months to respond back, and most likely it won’t be on the level of what he’s doing. What he’s doing tight now takes skill, so he’s nothing to look over. Tell me another rapper in our past history that called out anybody to make diss records against, and that was known to respond in a matter of a day or 2 or 3 after.

I think Game probably could do it (he’s a top 10 diss rapper). Anybody else is going to take their time (which is not a big deal to me as long they respond back). He’s going to spoil fans with what’s going on right now. Which is going to make it harder when people diss each other in the future, fans are going to put a time frame against someone responding back.

That’s the entire point. These cats are getting bodied by Tory. The supposedly top MC,s don’t even come out to battle like that nowadays. Most of the rappers, whether old or young, just want to noise in interviews, or on ig. But none of them are getting in the booth to show and prove like they had to back in the day. Ill even give Don Q props for starting it. Like Tory said a couple of days ago. Rap is suppose to be competitive, so why are so many rappers getting offended because he’s confident in himself. It’s because he’s versatile and skilled when it comes to battle rapping.

I know most people don’t like his arrogance/confidence. But one the one thing he’s really gifted at, is his response back time. Most of y’alls favorite rapper is going to take a couple of weeks to a couple of months to respond back, and most likely it won’t be on the level of what he’s doing. What he’s doing tight now takes skill, so he’s nothing to look over. Tell me another rapper in our past history that called out anybody to make diss records against, and that was known to respond in a matter of a day or 2 or 3 after.

I think Game probably could do it (he’s a top 10 diss rapper). Anybody else is going to take their time (which is not a big deal to me as long they respond back). He’s going to spoil fans with what’s going on right now. Which is going to make it harder when people diss each other in the future, fans are going to put a time frame against someone responding back.

u sure u aint tory? u caping pretty hard

Like Tory said a couple of days ago. Rap is suppose to be competitive, so why are so many rappers getting offended because he’s confident in himself. It’s because he’s versatile and skilled when it comes to battle rapping.
It's kinda of a waste of time.
Most of these disses ain't getting played more than 3-4 times

Alot of older rappers are gonna respect don for using that mobb deep beat..he killed his second diss its going to be interesting to see how tory responds

DyB-6rFX0AA4igR.jpg

This is funny to me because I was listening to Youngboy last tape and buddy so young he said he don’t know who Jodeci is and referred to them as one person. So I know he def don’t know who Keith Sweat is neither, so they just both took a pic not knowing who the hell each other is. :lol:

Man...I don’t care nun bout no obviously fabricated friendly Don Q/Tory Lanez diss tracks for buzz.

THIS right here the funniest **** I seen in a minute...especially for the reason you posted above :lol:

“I don't know **** about no Jodeci
But you gon' suck me to his music while I sit back, think, and smoke my weed“

This is the best unintentional bridging of the gap I’ve ever seen :rofl:

Last edited:
Q second diss was good but it felt lighter than the first one. May need to run it back a few times.

Back
Top Bottom