Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Another ironic thing is almost all hip hop related clothing brands were started because the white brands wouldn’t embrace or show love to our culture.

Adidas wasn’t showing RUN-DMC love so Russ started Phat Farm.

I believe iceberg wouldn’t show Jay love so they started Rocawear.

Obviously other brands followed after seeing the success.

For a while the rapper related clothing brands were all the wave but o guess that too kinda changed in the mid to late 2000s.

Recently there’s been a huge trend in luxury goods but it wouldn’t be so bad to revisit that era. We just have to value it the same.

The hard part about a purely luxury company is that at beginning someone has to say this is worth it. Virgil was lucky to Kanye and his legions of Stan’s willing to buy whatever Ye said was the wave. Kanye really should’ve just kept Off-white and Just Don under Donda but maybe that wasn’t an option.

There was definitely a big shift where all these "high fashion" brands became the "it" clothing to wear only. All those rapper brands you named, Karl Kani was hot through the 90's, Wu tang had Wu Wear. It was cool to wear black owned back then.

When I was in high school _'s would call you a bamma if you wasn't wearing one of the local DC brands. :lol:

Another ironic thing is almost all hip hop related clothing brands were started because the white brands wouldn’t embrace or show love to our culture.

For a while the rapper related clothing brands were all the wave but I guess that too kinda changed in the mid to late 2000s.

E2AC8D90-D90E-4143-83F2-CC6D32F3103A.gif

And don’t get me wrong. I still rock designer ****.

Last edited:
Lol the Louis Vuitton Don couldn’t even get LV to **** with him even after having his face firmly planted in their lap. Huge sucka.

Ye really had hood cats rocking leather joggers in the summer time but didn’t believe in himself enough to just say imma get it on my own. Instead he *****ed about it in interviews and begged Zuckerberg to put some money up.

Lol the Louis Vuitton Don couldn’t even get LV to **** with him even after having his face firmly planted in their lap. Huge sucka.

Ye really had hood cats rocking leather joggers in the summer time but didn’t believe in himself enough to just say imma get it on my own. Instead he *****ed about it in interviews and begged Zuckerberg to put some money up.

The 2012-2013 era of leather hip hop fashion...was by far...THE very worst era of any time.

2 Chainz, Migos and French Montana were amongst some of the worst offenders. Just turrrible :smh:

Migos got a stylist like 2-3 years ago bro (a lil before Bad and Bougie), @a blinkin gonna kill me but Future did too.

They were another group of dudes that initially just bought **** because it was labeled high fashion or luxury.

I have no idea what the hell they wear now and days (although I usually learn it’s some avante garde high fashion ****) but it’s not as label dependent.

I get it though dudes be broke. When they first get that lil money they want you to know it’s there.

Migos got a stylist like 2-3 years ago bro (a lil before Bad and Bougie), @a blinkin gonna kill me but Future did too.

They were another group of dudes that initially just bought **** because it was labeled high fashion or luxury.

I have no idea what the hell they wear now and days (although I usually learn it’s some avante garde high fashion ****) but it’s not as label dependent.

I get it though dudes be broke. When they first get that lil money they want you to know it’s there.

I remember right before bad and bougie dropped...Offset hit Ian Conner up in a text and said some corny **** like, teach me how to dress bro :lol:.

We’re talking about a group of people who have spent their whole check on one outfit. We know that ain’t happening bro. I hate to downplay us like that but it’s true.

What’s funny is it is really easy to just not buy anymore of the new ****. Dudes can still rock their old **** if they gotta I ain’t judging. If that’s all you got that’s all you got.

Granted it’s easier than ever to resell even your old luxury **** now so that’s probably not a good excuse after like 30 days.
Well then Floyd is right.

These ppl ain't about **** and are really no different than him being wild materialistic.

The boycott makes sense but you gotta wonder how much we account for

One of my dawg homies was talking bout, man I threw my gucci flip flops in the trash lol

Fam I’ve seen ****** who make 40K before taxes (and don’t hustle) blow their entire tax refund check on 1.5 “club fits”.

WE BE HUSTLING BACKWARDS.

I’m not hating or judging though that’s just us.

- I'm not giving Gucci credit for ****. They sued Dapper Dan and I think he closed up shop because of that back in the 90s. Then he sued them because they started stealing his designs recently, then ended up working with him because his **** was fire. **** them.

- Jay's suit is trash but that's dope what he's doing. I really like how Jay's been moving the last 4-5 years. It's dope as **** to see. Makes me regret trashing all his CDs now but I still blame him for Cano leaving the Yankees.

Those Medusa pullovers with the leather sleeves :sick::sick::smh::smh:

I could never

The Egyptian pyramid shirt with the leather sleeves irks me to this day :sick:. ***** was trying to be Rocky & Ye with the Givenchy to BVLCK Scale, CDG etc type style Big was failing miserably. Then it just got silly.

DFB7CFCA-FCCD-4F6E-ACAB-61CC20B9C954.jpeg
AA9FA78C-394A-401B-937A-561594D560DA.jpeg
0F89E5ED-53F0-49C7-8DB0-18A3B0E8939E.jpeg
D8B1AFB9-E4CD-44B5-9370-5B1AC0D0E0E1.jpeg

Chainz was ESPECIALLY wilding. He jumped off of Trues to trying be ASAP way too fast. And it was horrific.

77F94924-AB50-41C3-A696-5F836EBAD89D.jpeg

15A72149-D51D-42D6-AACB-9A61927AA084.jpeg

11C09C1D-F8D6-4FA4-A51B-25867A062642.jpeg

Worst!

There was definitely a big shift where all these "high fashion" brands became the "it" clothing to wear only. All those rapper brands you named, Karl Kani was hot through the 90's, Wu tang had Wu Wear. It was cool to wear black owned back then.

When I was in high school _'s would call you a bamma if you wasn't wearing one of the local DC brands. :lol:
Ain't nothing like copping a new We-R-One sweatsuit over the weekend and walking to school on Monday, biggin up your homies, while letting the whole building know you shining on em...
MediumDesertedIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif

- I'm not giving Gucci credit for ****. They sued Dapper Dan and I think he closed up shop because of that back in the 90s. Then he sued them because they started stealing his designs recently, then ended up working with him because his **** was fire. **** them.

- Jay's suit is trash but that's dope what he's doing. I really like how Jay's been moving the last 4-5 years. It's dope as **** to see. Makes me regret trashing all his CDs now but I still blame him for Cano leaving the Yankees.

What? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom