Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think we've all been to at least one party in our life where everybody was having fun only to have some random corny _ roll through and kill the vibe by trying too hard to let ppl know he a real _

This is one of those situations :lol:

All the **** **** going on in hip hop but this clear and obvious parody song is where _’s draw the line? :lol:

I think we've all been to at least one party in our life where everybody was having fun only to have some random corny _ roll through and kill the vibe by trying too hard to let ppl know he a real _

This is one of those situations :lol:

All the **** **** going on in hip hop but this clear and obvious parody song is where _’s draw the line? :lol:

Majority of current hip hop is parody rap........

And this ain’t a rap song technically, It’s bluegrass/country......

Last edited:
You dude are backwards as hell. So if you say a song isn't good, it's constructive criticism or an opinion, right? But if an artist does he's doing it for attention and hating.

Ya'll dudes are weird as hell. That's why a lot of artist give you nothing of their personality or opinion.

Because you allow the nut ****(Kodak) or give too much attention to it(Turkey69), but lash out at someone giving their honest opinion that goes against social media group think.

If it wasn't for the controversy and social media, nobody would give a **** about Lil Nas X or his song.

Now you dudes rock with the Dixie Chicks and Leann Rimes and are defending a country song of all things :lol:

Ya'll are going to buy Garth Brooks greatest hits?

The internet raised you dudes to be weird as hell.
Again, no one asked this ***** what he thought about a song that is 90% satire. The real weirdness is ****** extrapolating all this extra stuff and framing the argument as if people are overly outraged. ****** don't care if Dave shares his opinion. But if he does in this way at a time when everyone is having fun with something and not taking it seriously, I'm going to call him corny for it.

Who said the same people calling Dave corny didn't say the same about Kodak and Tekashi? I certainly did. But even if I didn't, how is that a defense of this dude taking the time to tell us that what we're enjoying and having fun with is corny to him.

This isn't even about country, so all that extra expanding to ****** suddenly loving country music is more exaggerating. People are just having fun with a moment. No one is claiming to rock with Shania Twain, but I get it...it sensationalizes and frames the argument to make ****** look overly invested. I just wanted to share with y'all that that is corny the same way he shared with us.:lol:

Yessir. And it’ll never stop because y’all music “heads” really allowed and tried to promote the guy

“Y’all?” I can’t name 3 tekashi songs.

And I don’t care about any of these dudes with no staying power. Did y’all hate Skeelo back in the day?

The lil pumps or whatever don’t stand the test of time. Dissing them is pointless especially when you’re a talented artist yourself

When did I say you can't criticize satire?

I think this is what you're missing. I think he has a right to say whatever he wants and be critical of anything...but when you're being critical of something like this it comes off like you either missed the joke, or are looking for attention.

The sarcastic way people support it is the same way people rocked with Lil B. It's basically an admission that it's trash. We know it's trash. But we're gonna have fun with it.

No different than ****** saying we need Killa Season on Netflix.:lol:

Again, no one asked this ***** what he thought about a song that is 90% satire. The real weirdness is *****s extrapolating all this extra stuff and framing the argument as if people are overly outraged. *****s don't care if Dave shares his opinion. But if he does in this way at a time when everyone is having fun with something and not taking it seriously, I'm going to call him corny for it.

Who said the same people calling Dave corny didn't say the same about Kodak and Tekashi? I certainly did. But even if I didn't, how is that a defense of this dude taking the time to tell us that what we're enjoying and having fun with is corny to him.

This isn't even about country, so all that extra expanding to *****s suddenly loving country music is more exaggerating. People are just having fun with a moment. No one is claiming to rock with Shania Twain, but I get it...it sensationalizes and frames the argument to make *****s look overly invested. I just wanted to share with y'all that that is corny the same way he shared with us.:lol:

It has everything to do with country and someone nobody even knew existed until a month or two ago.

Nobody knows what Dave said about Kodak or Turkey, because nobody cares. Do you listen to Dave East interviews? So how would be some big plot for attention?

The internet has reduced everything to 30 seconds or a minute. It doesn't provide context. It doesn't frame the entire conversation.

And if nobody takes the time to re-post it, it doesn't exist.

imma go head n label the dave east thing as hate.

Anybody 30+ from NY callin **** wack bc it’s different, is really par for the course for them.

Them *****’s have literally been hatin on any and every thing thats released under the umbrella of hiphop that doesnt come from the tri-state region for like 30 years now. NY dont get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this kinda ****.

In all honesty, I really dont eem think they have TRUE respect for most southern/west coast/midwest legends either they just kno better than to publicly announce it @ this point. Thassa different story tho.

And how dude hatin when he JUST made a vid with ukulele yo? Dont get no more country than that.

***** a bird fr...

My ***** what :lol::lol:

So now every NY artist hates every other region, forget all the personal relationships, all the verses, all the collabs...... if your from NY and over 30 you hate every other region....... we're just gonna ignore every other piece of info stating otherwise & go with an asinine opinion, the internet is a weird ****in place G

Again, no one asked this ***** what he thought about a song that is 90% satire. The real weirdness is *****s extrapolating all this extra stuff and framing the argument as if people are overly outraged. *****s don't care if Dave shares his opinion. But if he does in this way at a time when everyone is having fun with something and not taking it seriously, I'm going to call him corny for it.

This isn't even about country, so all that extra expanding to *****s suddenly loving country music is more exaggerating. People are just having fun with a moment. No one is claiming to rock with Shania Twain, but I get it...it sensationalizes and frames the argument to make *****s look overly invested. I just wanted to share with y'all that that is corny the same way he shared with us.:lol:

So your hating too :lol:

what this really comes down to is East called something that some people liked corny, and because people put celebrity opinions on a pedestal it struck a nerve

I’m just trying to figure why can’t someone dislike some **** and share it on their OWN personal social media account without being labeled a hater. As a matter for fact let’s hear some definitions of hater so we can all be on the same page.

I think hater is someone who strongly dislikes or wishes failure on someone or something for any reason other then the actual work/product.

I don’t know him personally but because he spoke about the song itself that makes me think he’s not hating. I also did not know he had 2 million followers

I’m just trying to figure why can’t someone dislike some **** and share it on their OWN personal social media account without being labeled a hater. As a matter for fact let’s hear some definitions of hater so we can all be on the same page.

I think hater is someone who strongly dislikes or wishes failure on someone or something for any reason other then the actual work/product.

I don’t know him personally but because he spoke about the song itself that makes me think he’s not hating. I also did not know he had 2 million followers

New ****** label everything as hate, if the consensus of social media likes it & you don't. an opinion on anything they like it deemed as an attack on them & their beliefs the **** is crazy.

A ***** Go ona year run of doing clown **** daily online they rock with it, a ***** could throw on dresses & play with his sexuality in front of the wrld they idolize it, a ***** run around a club with a diaper, they love it.

A ***** says, hey i think this song is trash..... he's a clown and i don't **** with his music. This culture is done :lol:

You guys still on this Dave east ****?

Damn. Thread wack right now. Call me a hater.

upload_2019-4-19_0-23-0.jpeg

Sad

"Malcolm Xanax" :smh:

Back
Top Bottom