Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I can't wait to hear Joe, Mal & Rory go off on Kanye for selling church merch, while Mal is sitting their with a diamond encrusted jesus piece

A14ABD24-A74C-4CD9-A765-34D7F81CBECD.gif

No sheets on top of ma beddddddddd bet not be here in the morninnnnnnnn

Twisting the lens on my camerraaaaaaaaa

shame they locked up greedo. Hella talented when it comes to creating catchy melodies.

I don't think it's the same :lol:

Let's take Kanye out of this because i know how people feel about him.

But an artist is selling merch with that has a religious theme, people say that's blasphemous you shouldn't make money off the lord, yet someone will pay a couple thousand dollars for a jesus piece to a jeweler who is profiting off the lord's likeness & the hype that the rap community built behind it.

So how can someone on one hand be mad at the celeb doing it, but in the same sentence pay a jeweler 10X that for doing the EXACT same thing :lol:. I **** with Joe & the podcast but i'm SICK of that fakeass moral code they wanna stand on when it comes to anything Kanye related. They don't like him & don't **** with him fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But that hypocritical moral stance gotta stop.

I heard the same outrage on Twitter about how dare he sell 150$ sweatshirts!!! he's a scammer, he's robbing the people......... from ****** who paid 700$ for a Yankee snapback because Gucci threw a bedazzled butterfly on it :lol:. ****** will happily pay 3 bills for a hoodie with supreme on it & then get upset at rappers for having the thought they there brand is just as valuable.

Let's take Kanye out of this because i know how people feel about him.

But an artist is selling merch with that has a religious theme, people say that's blasphemous you shouldn't make money off the lord, yet someone will pay a couple thousand dollars for a jesus piece to a jeweler who is profiting off the lord's likeness & the hype that the rap community built behind it.

So how can someone on one hand be mad at the celeb doing it, but in the same sentence pay a jeweler 10X that for doing the EXACT same thing :lol:. I **** with Joe & the podcast but i'm SICK of that fakeass moral code they wanna stand on when it comes to anything Kanye related. They don't like him & don't **** with him fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But that hypocritical moral stance gotta stop.

I heard the same outrage on Twitter about how dare he sell 150$ sweatshirts!!! he's a scammer, he's robbing the people......... from *****s who paid 700$ for a Yankee snapback because Gucci threw a bedazzled butterfly on it :lol:. *****s will happily pay 3 bills for a hoodie with supreme on it & then get upset at rappers for having the thought they there brand is just as valuable.

A jesus piece is a staple in hip hop that goes beyond what it symbolizes. And nobody praises the diamond and gold makers. And there is exploitation involved. And it's mostly from other ethnic groups.

Kanye is selling $250 Jesus merch for a buck. It's not Kids See Ghost or Nas merch, it's Jesus merch. And like with everything, it's not about Jesus, it's about Kanye. And it's not about praising jesus, it's about exploiting Kanye stans.

Both can be bad, but one shouldn't be cool, because people find one more acceptable.

I heard the same outrage on Twitter about how dare he sell 150$ sweatshirts!!! he's a scammer, he's robbing the people......... from *****s who paid 700$ for a Yankee snapback because Gucci threw a bedazzled butterfly on it :lol:. *****s will happily pay 3 bills for a hoodie with supreme on it & then get upset at rappers for having the thought they there brand is just as valuable.

Always felt weird about this. Folks will tell black people who own their own that they taxin with the prices but turn around and buy name brands and give the profits to already rich white folks who are pulling profits off the backs of underpaid folks in bad conditions and damn near slave conditions sometimes.

I feel like if you gonna support capitalism don't do too much pickin and choosing. Folks will tell you get your money, and listen to rappers talkin about gettin money, then be mad cuz you tryina get your money... Mf fickle as hell.

A jesus piece is a staple in hip hop that goes beyond what it symbolizes. And nobody praises the diamond and gold makers. And there is exploitation involved. And it's mostly from other ethnic groups.

Kanye is selling $250 Jesus merch for a buck. It's not Kids See Ghost or Nas merch, it's Jesus merch. And like with everything, it's not about Jesus, it's about Kanye. And it's not about praising jesus, it's about exploiting Kanye stans.

Both can be bad, but one shouldn't be cool, because people find one more acceptable.

Quite frankly i'm not a religious person so i really don't care who makes what off of jesus merch/pieces because the Church makes BILLIONS off manipulating people but that's a whole other convo.

Like you said both can be bad, but it isn't being carried as so. Dudes by Jesus heads & Crosses to stunt, there ain't no religious meaning behind it for 90% of the people they just like the style & nobody is attacking the jewelers for making profit off religious symbols. That merch is trash IMO but if someone is willing to buy it whether it be because they like it or they just wanna be hype beast i ain't gonna bash someone for providing the merch either.

Same way i can't really be upset about these high fashion brands charging ****** 700$ for a cap, Nobody is forcing people to buy that, it's not a necessity, and it only holds value based on what the individual places on it. The consumer should be blamed for creating a market where a ***** could slap some wordpress on a pair of socks & charge 50$ for em. If *******s wanna pay that price then **** it

Always felt weird about this. Folks will tell black people who own their own that they taxin with the prices but turn around and buy name brands and give the profits to already rich white folks who are pulling profits off the backs of underpaid folks in bad conditions and damn near slave conditions sometimes.

I feel like if you gonna support capitalism don't do too much pickin and choosing. Folks will tell you get your money, and listen to rappers talkin about gettin money, then be mad cuz you tryina get your money... Mf fickle as hell.

It's like this for all forms of black businesses, it's almost as if some people feel something doesn't have value if it isn't created by certain brands who are owned by certain people. Suddenly when it's our own NOW we demand off the wall creativity & purpose, when it belongs to the others we're cool with a logo being placed on it & a 10X markup.

It's like this for all forms of black businesses, it's almost as if some people feel something doesn't have value if it isn't created by certain brands who are owned by certain people. Suddenly when it's our own NOW we demand off the wall creativity & purpose, when it belongs to the others we're cool with a logo being placed on it & a 10X markup.

I think it comes from the sense of the fact that a small basically unknown company charging "Gucci prices" hits people the wrong way.

Not saying it's right but people feel "safe" buying brands that they know will either survive a number of washes or will at the very least garner the respect they are looking for from other people (I know people shouldn't care about what other people think but let's live in reality).

A $5000+ Jesus piece ain’t exploitive...? C’mon bro. Kids and adults alike will ROB you for a chain or medallion. Chain snatching is a “staple of hip hop”

Me and you usually see eye to eye but I disagree. Preachers and churches exploit people DAILY.... but yeah, let’s ridicule Kanye

Back
Top Bottom