Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Probably because you were a kid.

Because this is literally the worst time for retros in terms of quality and a lot of colorways like those citruses were wack.

A lot of people bash the Jordans from the past couple of years, but a lot of them were alternate colorways based around OG colorways that are far better than stuff like pea pods and citruses.

It’s def a lot of nostalgia, I wasn’t around in 90’s to know the change. For me it was like Jordan’s Nd Bapes we’re so unattainable to me like magic. You never get that feeling back after being a kid. :lol:

I remember my first few times getting on here in late 00’s and ****** used to complain about their not being Nike Air on the heels

When they started doing that again i was like damn sales really must be dipping.

That and then doing COMMERCIALS for retros now. Although that concept has a lot of dope potential.

It’s def a lot of nostalgia, I wasn’t around in 90’s to know the change. For me it was like Jordan’s Nd Bapes we’re so unattainable to me like magic. You never get that feeling back after being a kid. :lol:

I remember my first few times getting on here in late 00’s and *****s used to complain about their not being Nike Air on the heels

When they started doing that again i was like damn sales really must be dipping.

That and then doing COMMERCIALS for retros now. Although that concept has a lot of dope potential.

Retros from 01-05 quality wise was great. After that they just started throwing **** out cuz they knew people would buy it off hype.

Y’all ever wonder what’s next?

Like I’m ready for what’s gon make trap beats and all that **** sound like how all those 09-11 A milli type beats (SnapBack and tattoos type **** lmao) and ringtone rap sounded once **** like BMF and Love Sosa came out

Y’all ever wonder what’s next?

Like I’m ready for what’s gon make trap beats and all that **** sound like how all those 09-11 A milli type beats (SnapBack and tattoos type **** lmao) and ringtone rap sounded once **** like BMF and Love Sosa came out

I don't really think about what the next is. Just wanna hear good music and I don't know what else their is to invent. :lol: Trap wasn't even a "new" sound when it popped off.

A lot of rappers just make whats influenced them but still adapt to the times. Roc Marci, The whole Griselda crew and their affiliates they make gritty, lyrical, soulful music and package it how people digest music now. 2-3 projects a year. Shorter projects, shorter songs.

I had a celly from El Salvador. Dude LOVED Selena Gomez.

He'd buy all those celeb mags with his commissary and rip out her pics.

****ing weirdo
Wait this was in recent years?!? This was like in the mid-late 90's when lots of Middle School-HS kids didn't have high speed internet so would rip pics out of magazines like Word Up lol. I remember dude back in MS was in love with Beyonce (back when she was just gaining fame from Destiny's Child) and had a few of her magazine pics ripped out in his binder haha.

Edit: Nevermind I just reread celly and commissary lol. Still creepy though..

D5LLGMCWsAA3rX2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom