Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah those songs was fasho dope.. a few songs actually had his old sound but a lot of forgettable ones too.

The two you named was good. Nowadays even tho it came out hella long ago lol.. how it feels. HMP was decent.

But Nothin hit like Catch these vibes or

facts you named all the songs I mess with on the tape :pimp: :lol:

MANN that **** hit!! big westcoast vibe, greedo kinda go hard too

This Young Nudy is fire but the best songs are the two that had already been released like 2 weeks beforehand. Hate when that happens.

60254D6D-8CDB-4162-87C2-3BFFF505B018.gif

Leave that to NORE :sick::sick::smh:

EE20D6C6-5269-466E-8E5E-1DED90EB56D3.jpeg

:lol:

if you see me in cargo shorts know i'm being held against my will, run and get help

:lol:

I know one of you nasty *****s got some Gibaurds with the straps in the tuck for when they become hot again

When did Girbaud's become hot again? I remember them being hot in the early 90's in NY. Then the south got on them in the late 90's.

Either Hahahaha Hahahaha or Magic33 Magic33 . :emoji_thinking:

C'mon, fess up. Which one of y'all got the vintage #NtDenim in the closet?

Jeans I'm not too bad, but I have a ton of the Joe Budden oversized sweatpants :lol:

I wonder what rappers
tried smashing Julia Beverly
She so trash
But I know some rapper
Had to have smashed

Quando Rondo album is disappointing on first listen. Not much replay value. Life after fame was better

You know we always criticize people like wale and big Sean about their bodies of work, contributions to hip hop etc.

What about ASAP rocky? I feel like I have never heard anyone say anything bad about him. Nor really anything good, it’s like he’s just managed to float by. Other than when he first came out he really hasn’t been in the spotlight musically. Furthermore I think he doesn’t have many memorable songs or moments in music. A lot of the time as well, you don’t really feel his presence unless he has another person on the song ie the cardi g easy collab, schoolboy q, Kendrick drake etc. I think because he is big in the fashion industry, and you could almost argue he’s bigger with fashion than music, then he escapes a lot of criticism or even praise.

Some songs I liked by him tho:

Another thing though, it kills me when people get mad when artists use another areas sound. If the song is good who cares? especially when they are making better music than local artists in that area... Kissing pink is def a Houston inspired song and ferg literally sounds like a fat Houston rapper singing :lol: you can’t show me one dude in Houston around that time making a song like that...so why hate

Rocky's 1st tape was great, and clearly his apex. His 1st album was pretty good, and his 2nd was good, had a different sound but still good. Testing was a disaster, but even before that, Rocky was so far gone into fashion I didn't even expect Testing to be good. It was expecting the trash it turned out to be.

Another thing though, it kills me when people get mad when artists use another areas sound. If the song is good who cares? especially when they are making better music than local artists in that area... Kissing pink is def a Houston inspired song and ferg literally sounds like a fat Houston rapper singing :lol: you can’t show me one dude in Houston around that time making a song like that...so why hate

A song or two is fine, full albums sounding like other regions is garbage. Accent, slang, beats.

It’s fine, we all know you’re defending your pop star

3DB33F13-6E87-47A3-8384-F2BE355F44C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom