Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

A song or two is fine, full albums sounding like other regions is garbage. Accent, slang, beats.

It’s fine, we all know you’re defending your pop star

3DB33F13-6E87-47A3-8384-F2BE355F44C4.jpeg

Says who? :lol: who is the iron authority that decided one or two songs is ok but not an album lmao

SAYS ME ***** *****

If I want to hear Texas music, I’ll play some Flip, Devin, UGK, Chamillionaire or Scarface. Not a Jew from the Suburbs of Toronto.

Lmao sounds like some folks are scared the young gen is gonna do it better than the old heads

Y’all sleeping on the Bay Area Boosie. He got the closest cadence to old Boosie IMO

Stop spamming that Podunk Nudy s****. His music a*** get em outta here coach!!

Last edited:
Another thing though, it kills me when people get mad when artists use another areas sound. If the song is good who cares? especially when they are making better music than local artists in that area... Kissing pink is def a Houston inspired song and ferg literally sounds like a fat Houston rapper singing :lol: you can’t show me one dude in Houston around that time making a song like that...so why hate

That stigma is only put on NY artist because of their elitist complex, back in the days. People felt like NY looked down upon other regions.

So now it’s all of a sudden, why are NYers copying the south? Full circle bruh lol

Rocky and Ferg blew up off biting old 3-6 and Houston sound. They went from corny hipster rappers to that horrorcore/chopped & screwed/trap sound. :lol:

Yams gave them the sound to run with it and they did it.

He been trying to do a NL reunion type album I thought? He was talking about There’s One In Every Family 2 and talking about NL a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom