Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Saycheeaedigital IG made me realize how many people are really trying to be rappers...
Do y’all think it’s become more prevalent or it just seems like it because of social media?

I graduated from HS c/o 2010 and even back then, I remember mad dudes wanted to be and tried to be rappers.

Still got some of them chasing that dream, bless their hearts.

Do y’all think it’s become more prevalent or it just seems like because of social media?

I graduated from HS c/o 2010 and even back then, I remember mad dudes wanted to be and tried to be rappers.

I think out of all my childhood friends/peer, only one wanted to be a rapper (my cousin). And he actually signed to Soulja Slim label - Cutthroat Committee...He later then helped Kevin Gates and co-found BWA.

Perhaps you’re right. All my peers wanted to be dope boys or business owners. At that time rappers wanted to be dope boys - now it’s dope boys wanting to be rappers. :lol:

With all the different platforms and outlets, **** why not? They’re money to be made...however there’s so many other things you can do to get money in the industry besides being a rapper.

Do y’all think it’s become more prevalent or it just seems like it because of social media?

It's easier

In the past you needed to pay for studio time which was expensive. You couldn't just claim you were a rapper and make music in your house or your boys crib.

Do y’all think it’s become more prevalent or it just seems like because of social media?

Everything is a niche market nowadays. It’s cool to have a social media presence for anything.

“Hey I’m vegan, here are my tips”

“Hey, I rap! Here, subscribe to my YouTube”

“I’m a photographer”

“I’m a fashion designer”

“I’m a digital artists and graphic designer”

It’s all one in the same. Every base is covered nowadays. You can be whomever you want, without ridicule.

Yeah, that’s real talk about everything being a niche market now.

You see Youtubers get the same public acclaim that use to be only reserved for “actual celebs.” (well I guess it started getting weird with reality TV stars but still).

I was at a bar a few months back and the bartender was fanboying over a couple of YTers he recognized that were passing by. I asked him what does their YT page content consist of and he said they review tech stuff + vlog. :lol:

It’s cool that people can make money off these type of things so no hate on my end but I still find it weird.

Borderline dangerous, approach with caution
I plan to buy your most personal belongings when they up for auction
Man, truth be told, I think about it often
The petty king, the overseer of many things
I wish that I was playin' in a sport where we were gettin' rings
I wouldn't have space on either hand for anything
West Hollywood, know my presence is menacing
Cosa Nostra, shady dealings
Racketeering, the syndicate got they hand in plenty things
The things that we've done to protect the name are unsettling
But no regrets, though, the name'll echo
Years later, none greater
Death to a coward and a traitor, that's just in my nature, yeah

Pop star.
3FE2027E-9842-42E4-B568-375A15CEB27C.gif

1) Drake is a pop star
2) Drake been profiting from the Future stimulus package since Tony Montana.

Fact is you don’t eem know he wrote that. Pop stars recite what’s given to them. :lol:

Meanwhile.

Only on camera... only on camera... only on camera...

Sounds an awful lot like...

Aubrey been benefiting from the legend since 2011. :lol: >D

A+ troll

Borderline dangerous, approach with caution
I plan to buy your most personal belongings when they up for auction
Man, truth be told, I think about it often
The petty king, the overseer of many things
I wish that I was playin' in a sport where we were gettin' rings
I wouldn't have space on either hand for anything
West Hollywood, know my presence is menacing
Cosa Nostra, shady dealings
Racketeering, the syndicate got they hand in plenty things
The things that we've done to protect the name are unsettling
But no regrets, though, the name'll echo
Years later, none greater
Death to a coward and a traitor, that's just in my nature, yeah

Pop star.
3FE2027E-9842-42E4-B568-375A15CEB27C.gif
He smoked that :pimp:

Never forget that Drake begged Future to be on Ds2 at the last minute to be the only feature on an album better and more impactful than any Drake project

And in turn made the album go platinum

Future benefitted from the stadium tours wayyy more than Drake benefitted from hopping on his song

Back
Top Bottom