Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Never knew yall weren't messing with CB like that lol

I think he's definitely one of the greatest RnB artist of this gen. But yeah, his growth seemed like it peaked already. Which is fine, he has his core fanbase that will help him sell regardless.

It's trash, but nobody will call it trash

It's like going to an art gallery, and people won't say the art work is garbage, because it's art. So they say it's not for me.

He's given a pass that no other rapper is given.

But it sounds great in concert...blah blah
He's being artistic.

People randomly listen to Kanye's last three albums, because they like them?

Just like he's given a pass for turning from polos and jordans Kanye to walking dead oversized dad croc wear. Kanye's music is still judged from Graduation and him being a fashion icon is still seen from that era.

He’s been kind of stagnant on all fronts since meeting Kim (even down to how he don’t switch his whole steez up every few months like he did MBDTF and before...he’s been the same since like 2016-2017 creatively ****** still dropping them YeRoshes)

But I mean that initial run (04-11) wasn’t something we should just throw away as ordinary. IMO he deserves some type of benefit of doubt simply for contributing those years.

I never got how ****** didn’t collectively understand the slavery comments as the same as “them crockers woulda had to kill me” which I’ve heard ****** say for years.

On the flip side ur right about Ye being empowered to wild out like that bc he knows how much ****** love those first 3-6 years.

Kanye is at the point you can't even say he has trash albums :rofl:

and when someone else besides Kanye releases a trash album. I want you to say this same thing.

When someone says a widely panned album isn't good, people don't say these same excuses.

All those trash Wayne and Em albums. It's just an opinion. They were growing. We weren't up on it.

Honestly Wayne really was ahead of his time with Rebirth and when he got “trash” to us (post re recording C3) and started going hard with the screechy singing and melody and infinite songs about ***** money and weed is when he honestly created the blueprint for the next generation (opinion on how they carrying it aside).

Sometimes artists are ahead of their time and our perception just not gonna let Lil ******* Wayne get away with a rock album :lol:

Even tho I do remember it being trash

Edit: when this leaked I thought he was about to really do that **** right :lol:

He shoulda hit Pharrell...

Like are you serious. 2 hours. That’s a f’n movie. :sick:
D1DAC19F-A0B3-413D-A177-E89C9186C8A0.jpeg

This is actually where music is heading Imo.

It’s always gon be something new for you to peep on there if you a Chris Brown fan. I would love for Pharrell or Ye or Andre or Wayne to do this, even if it’s old/unreleased music.

It’s always gon be something new for you to peep on there if you a Chris Brown fan. I would love for Pharrell or Ye or Andre or Wayne to do this, even if it’s old/unreleased music.

**** no I don't want that :lol:
Dilutes the core concepts of art and just over-saturates what probably would end up being a redundant sounding piece of work unless the artist is really a generational talent.
:rofl: at anyone sitting through over 2 hours straight of Chris Brown music thinking they're going to hear something new.
There's a reason why no artist that is worth a damn does it, short and sweet>dragged out redundancy. Music ain't movies but people want to overlap the two for some reason.
New generation has become whores for content and it's getting sad

You sniffing bath salts. :lol:

The trend has actually become the opposite.So much so that I’m starting to become surprised when I see the #10 on a track listing.

Then you got this coocoo head
C430EDE1-B102-4306-A5A8-07E6293B3877.jpeg

dropping 50 song double discs back to back like anyone got time for all that.

Yeah mad long projects aren't going to he the new trend. Only certain artists can get away with that

**** no I don't want that :lol:
Dilutes the core concepts of art and just over-saturates what probably would end up being a redundant sounding piece of work unless the artist is really a generational talent.
:rofl: at anyone sitting through over 2 hours straight of Chris Brown music thinking they're going to hear something new.
There's a reason why no artist that is worth a damn does it, short and sweet>dragged out redundancy. Music ain't movies but people want to overlap the two for some reason.
New generation has become whores for content and it's getting sad

Nobody supposed to sit thru it unless u apart of “breezy nation” :lol:

Ideally u would hit shuffle on it when u tryna hear that type ****

Back
Top Bottom