Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

But he was just “all lives matter” Wayne a few years ago. He’s never “experienced” racism. Now he uneasy performing for a predominantly white audience??? :lol: :rofl:

The ancestors finessed his ***

Just 3 years ago he thought racism didn't exist cuz "the only black person he saw at his shows was his makeup artist".

What exactly was the catalyst for waynes downfall?

Yeah he got older and cooled off a bit, which happens to everyone, but it seems like NO ONE gives af bout dude anymore. Like, this ***** offspring runnin rap right now. ????

Call me crazy but im still convinced if he released an album with some sorta substance, people would start to connect with him more.

He aint done **** but rhyme empty *** words the past 10 plus years. Nobody knos **** about about em.

Havent been a FAN of waynes for awhile now but i am rootin for dude.

His music was never that great to begin with. Other than the catchiness of it he never had much substance. His music is a representation of a time period in hip hop. Wayne don't really have timeless music. He don't have a Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic, Life After Death, Me Against The World, Death Certificate. Carter 2 is honestly the only Wayne album I can sit through today. Once other rappers like him popped up and he became the "old uncool rapper" there's nothing else to Wayne.

I thought this was Eli Porter for a second

Had to play this today. Gibbs probably had the best projects of 2014, 2017 and now 2019. His catalog is powerful.

Keep this strictly business, you can't mix up your homie with that
One day you might have to clap a _, no glory in that
Feel like I'm outgrowin all my friends, _s thinkin small
Gonna have to write them all a check, just to get the **** resolved
Then turn right back around and write them another one when they trick it off
Get successful and watch how quickly _s get in their feelings dog
Get successful and watch how you immediately become their competition
_s worse than a side *****, they can't quite stay in a position
Don't know what _s crave more, money or a ****in tention
And these the _s I'm cool with, my enemies I have yet to mention

50 always seemed like the type to do whatever to beat his enemies.

Rob, kill, snitch.

source.gif

Sociopath

Wayne’s descent really falls in two things: consistently wack music for 10 years and his inability to grow with his audience. No Ceilings was the really the cut off between peak Wayne and everything since. It’s wild. Because I remember back around 2011-2012 between I Am Not a Human Being 1 & 2 and C4, a lot of people claiming he hadn’t dropped a good project since No Ceilings and here we are 10 years removed from it and he still hasn’t dropped a solid project until C5 and that still left a lot to be desired but because it’s Wayne and we’ve been wanting to see him win with a project for so long we graded it on a curve.

Then there’s the fact that his music never grew outside of “p—y, money, weed” for the most part. I know Wayne is still relatively young at 35, but we’re in the age of Life Is Good and 4:44 where we want to see our rappers age gracefully and speaker their truth that comes with it. Hell people celebrated j Cole for a song about folding clothes :lol:

Point is, many of Wayne’s fans from the 2000s have grown up, gotten careers, houses, and started families. None of them need to hear 35 year old Wayne still rapping about stuff they were on 10-15 years ago and the new generation has younger, cooler representations of that they can identify with.

It’s a shame because prime Wayne is one of my favorite rappers ever, but he just ain’t it anymore. That and the lifestyle really hit him hard. I hate to see it.

So, from what im seeing in here, substantive content is the answer.

Plus he needs to stop the disappearing act. You never see or hear from yo...

Idk man. Just dont wanna see him go out like melo. Lol

Yo man really said

These _s rat, so next time we into some ****, check it
Look, I ain't gon clip you, I'm gettin your ***** pregnant

Sheeeeesh

Back
Top Bottom