Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

:emoji_thinking:

D17BCEB1-DE5E-4B2A-A310-D693F814D611.jpeg
This makes Dupri seem stupid as **** for not signing them.

TLC.
USHER.
Dem Franchise Boyz.
Bow Weezy.
Kris Kross.
Jagged Edge.
Himself.

And that’s JUST ATL based artists.

Throw in JUST Mariah Carey outside of that region for his production credits and he already low key out influencing OutKast.

Kast’s influence goes pretty far beyond the genre. 20 years from now they will still be in discussions about transcendent artists. Can’t say the same for the artists you mentioned.

JD been taking shots at OutKast over the past week, on some insecurity ****.

I know he don’t get his full just due...but hearing how he be framing it, is kinda funny.

The fact that dude going on a whole campaign for it is lame. You can't really disagree based on where his hands have been but you can't force people to say **** like that.

I don't actually believe there's many that Dupri himself actually influenced (compared to the rappers Dre and Big have influenced) especially since he never really had the image of being a MPC type dude who had a distinct sound. He lowkey seems like a Dre type dude who orchestrates people.

JD has felt overlooked/under-respected for years.

remember, he talked down on tim and dre in some interview YEARS back and dre n em got back @ JD on 'what you say'. then tim threw his lil 2 cent in @ the end. lol

for a ***** thats always been so chill, the hot takes seem outta character for him.

He don't have signature sound/the image of being over a beat machine and really doing it the way Timbo and Dre and whoever else do. On top of him being a mostly R&B dude. He never produced a classic rap project that wasn't some kid ****. Ironically, if Outkast signs to him, it gives So So Def that classic hallmark artist that they kinda give to Bow by default.

They missed out on signing someone else crazy that woulda hella legitimized them too, I think Luda or Tip. He was the hottest label for so long that everyone prolly wanted to sign to him...he didn't and now the hardest ****** he had on his label was dem franchize boyz.

JD definitely has a signature sound.

Confessions, We Belong Together, Nice and Slow, you got it bad, let it burn. Etc. it’s just he’s a legend in a dying genre

JD definitely has a signature sound.

Confessions, We Belong Together, Nice and Slow, you got it bad, let it burn. Etc. it’s just he’s a legend in a dying genre

Wouldn’t say dying. People just have short attention spans. He has to realize that. The average person isn’t a crate digger/gravedigger, or goes researching older stuff on YouTube and whatnot.

People aren’t invested like that. He just needs to be confident in what he’s done and forget what people think.

I’m not going to value the opinion of people who really aren’t wise enough to care. Just do you and stay solid

Wouldn’t say dying. People just have short attention spans. He has to realize that. The average person isn’t a crate digger/gravedigger, or goes researching older stuff on YouTube and whatnot.

People aren’t invested like that. He just needs to be confident in what he’s done and forget what people think.

I’m not going to value the opinion of people who really aren’t wise enough to care. Just do you and stay solid

Nah R&B is dying. It’s been trending downward for 2 decades now. It’s more rappers singing than singers. Yeah there are still great talents out there but it’s not dominating the charts like it was in the 90s.

Maybe dying isn’t the correct term, but popularity is on the decline. Not that I care about what’s popular

JD has felt overlooked/under-respected for years.

remember, he talked down on tim and dre in some interview YEARS back and dre n em got back @ JD on 'what you say'. then tim threw his lil 2 cent in @ the end. lol

for a ***** thats always been so chill, the hot takes seem outta character for him.

I forgot about that joint lol

This still stands out

Xzibit smoked bruh :lol:

Nah R&B is dying. It’s been trending downward for 2 decades now. It’s more rappers singing than singers. Yeah there are still great talents out there but it’s not dominating the charts like it was in the 90s.

Maybe dying isn’t the correct term, but popularity is on the decline. Not that I care about what’s popular

"traditional" R&B is less mainstream

Wale and JD cut from the same cloth.

When you don’t appreciate what you’ve accomplished, the public will discredit your contributions. Cats be so thirsty for fame and adoration that they jump out the window doing/saying clown ****. On that “don’t forget about me, I’m still popular, look at me” type ****. It’s sad to watch, especially from those two because they’re actually talented as hell.

Now that I think about it, that spiel he gave about female rappers was probably contrived because he wanted to promote that talent show. Cats know how social media works. He probably knew the real female emcees who were dope, but wanted to create click bait that would get the attention of the masses so he could drop his competition info when the spotlight was on him.

Son is a clown.

Can't compare the two

JD a legend, Wale a self entitled prick that really ain't as good or popular as he thinks he is.

JD been quiet for a long time, the last few years is when he started speaking up.

^ why don’t kanye get the same reaction then

Re: not appreciating what u have contributed and comparing w like award shows and ****

Back
Top Bottom