Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

honestly at some point we gotta stop this insensitive talk when things like this go down..... I wasn't really aware of lil peep at all. So i'm going down Twitter last night & i'm seeing kids talking about how much he influenced their life & how his music helped them get through life etc etc

So i'm clicking on some of these songs & it's focused on nothing but drug use, I own this, My girl left etc etc.... basically things that cause depression & no real suggestion on how to solve it except more self destructive behavior. It's become more & more publicly accepted/ popular to claim your depression but not to actually try to get through it.

No solutions at all it just seems like people wanna say they're depressed, gain sympathy for it & anytime someone tries to offer some real life solutions their shot down for being "insensitive". In the case of lil peep dude was on his IG literally predicting his death, popping pills to the point he can't move & instead of people trying to help or offer other strategies. They showed him "Love" they called him a rockstar, they championed the activities that came as a result of the substance abuse & called him genius for it. This is gonna lead to more & more people thinking this is passable behavior & it isn't helping children at all.

This is why i hate when people say it's "just entertainment" with these rappers. We have young kids who need help being put in a position of influence with even younger kids.

It's a difference in wanting to assess the situation than saying "ehh idgaf, he was a addict not surprised" which is basically what he said. Since when is it cool to talk ill on the dead?

Also, folks need to stop trying to assess how depressed a person is. How in the hell do you know?

This just ain't true for real.

It's always been an image, and multiple drug uses across the music landscape. It comes from with tha allure. "Sex, DRUGS and Rock and Roll. It cut across genres and decades from Blues singers, to soul singers, to R&B singers, to rappers, to rock n rollers and everything in between.

From Motown, Jimmy Hendrix to Future Hendrix, Little Richard, James Brown, Cameo, Curt Cobain, ODB, Hot Boys, Wutang, DMX, 36 Mafia, Murda Inc, UGK; Snoop n Dre, Bobby Brown & Whitney, to Wutang to Joe Budden to Eminem to Amy Whine House to Lil Peep. Etc etc

Lil Peep was literally an Emo Rock/Rapper. Sadly, we've seen this story play out a number of times across decades.

We just see it more because we can view these things at our fingertips.

I don't get this excuse that just because it was addicts in the past it's nothing big now.

DMX, Amy Winehouse, Whitney and Bobby were clowned for smoking crack and being coke heads. It wasn't no "yeah X smoke that rock, we crack heads with you bro".

This is some different **** going on now.

I don't get this excuse that just because it was addicts in the past it's nothing big now.

DMX, Amy Winehouse, Whitney and Bobby were clowned for smoking crack and being coke heads. It wasn't no "yeah X smoke that rock, we crack heads with you bro".

Why does this even matter tho? It's just a new talking point in rap. Without it, there are still ****** addicted to drugs. New drugs just replace the old drugs.

The fact that n***** are rapping about taking drugs. It is nothing more than a new talking point. N***** been doing hard drugs.

The fact that n***** are rapping about taking drugs. It is nothing more than a new talking point. N***** been doing hard drugs.

Because it's kids growing up thinking the **** is cool and they don't know what they're doing to their bodies. These rap _'s don't know what they're doing to themselves.

_'s ain't been doing hard drugs at this rate and celebrating it. That excuse don't fly.

It's a difference in wanting to assess the situation than saying "ehh idgaf, he was a addict not surprised" which is basically what he said. Since when is it cool to talk ill on the dead?

Also, folks need to stop trying to assess how depressed a person is. How in the hell do you know?

No! That's not what I "basically said".

I made a general statement that drug addicts dying from a drug overdose isn't shocking. Never mentioned Lil Peep nor spoke "ill" about him.

Because it's kids growing up thinking the **** is cool and they don't know what they're doing to their bodies. These rap _'s don't know what they're doing to themselves.

_'s ain't been doing hard drugs at this rate and celebrating it. That excuse don't fly.

Ya'll so fixated on the "celebrating" aspect. Rappers celebrate killing people yet we dont get that talking point like every week in here. It's a new talking point in rap, and some people like listening to it. Dudes finding new ways to do old ****. Dudes been taking drugs. Talking about it doesn't matter. Constantly bringing that up is just another way for folks to **** on the music that's coming out today.

Last edited:
What he have on his IG?

Edit: I just looked at it and it looked like a normal 2017 druggie rapper tbh

Or maybe I'm just desensitized to it now idk, post-Lil Wayne _'s walk around zombie glued to a double cup so much that drugs are just normal everyday rapper **** to me at this point

Keef and them was pouring up in gallons of Hawaiian Punch like 4 years ago

lil-peep-june-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Basically looked like how Justin Bieber would have eventually had he decided not to be a poser anymore.

Ya'll so fixated on the "celebrating" aspect. Rappers celebrate killing people yet we dont get that talking point like every week in here.

Hell are you talking about? People been talking about violence in hip hop since the early 90's. Lol

Why you keep deflecting?

Kids out here poppin all these f'n pills, sipping on everything, mixing this with that is leading to bad things, period. Whether it was motown singers that sniffed coke or Bobby Brown sniffied coke. Ok. Hardcore drug use ain't some cool ****.

Hell are you talking about? People been talking about violence in hip hop since the early 90's. Lol

Why you keep deflecting?

Kids out here poppin all these f'n pills, sipping on everything, mixing this with that is leading to bad things, period. Whether it was motown singers that sniffed coke or Bobby Brown sniffied coke. Ok. Hardcore drug use ain't some cool ****.

I aint deflecting at all. You want to talk about how rappers are celebrating one thing, yet ignore the other. They're both negative. Just because one's been rapped about longer doesn't change the fact.

And it still aint cool. Ya'll letting what's popular fool you. And :lol: at thinking lil ones are just coming by lean like it's top ramen :lol:

I aint deflecting at all. You want to talk about how rappers are celebrating one thing, yet ignore the other. They're both negative. Just because one's been rapped about longer doesn't change the fact.

And it still aint cool. Ya'll letting what's popular fool you. And :lol: at thinking lil ones are just coming by lean like it's top ramen :lol:

Aight dude. You ain't really saying anything. Lol

Backed up every point you made. Just because you don't want to look at is outside of your lense don't mean I aint on point

"imma die i aint even 25"

he was finna make hella money

they found the chick who sold him the fake xans lol telling on herself in group chats

Its all about the connotations of the substances. Kids grow up listening to country music and a big part of that is about drinking whiskey etc

Kendrick literally made a song about alcoholism w Swimming Pools and then that **** got turned into an anthem for Frat parties across America. Meanwhile Amy Winehouse and thousands of other are dead due to their alcohol addiction.

show ended up being hilarious... Badu built AK up for the big reveal #comedy

The hour long build up to her organically dropping a common meme had me dying :lol:

I'm sitting here expecting her to tell some interesting story about a childhood friend or some ****

Back
Top Bottom