Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Never forget I seen Badu at the airport in Dallas flying her and 3k son to atl. She is short and yes......that thang is phat. And also yes, Dre was at the airport to receive his son when he landed.

Actually have seen Dre like 3-4 times in Atlanta like he some kind of regular dude

I cant believe ***** truly believe this :smh: :lol:

My ***** are you seriously gonna sit here and act like drug use in rap hasn't become more normalized then ever?? Nobody said drugs weren't around or that people didn't use them.

This is literally the first era where being an addict isn't looked down upon. Wasn't no young ****** in the hood lookin at D12 & saying i wanna pop pills, they looked at them like goofy ******. People sipped lean sure, are we gonna act as if this was the norm back then? was it anywhere near as widespread?

People have always used drugs nobody is disputing that, this is absolutely the first era of rap where drug use is a topic in the majority of the songs. **** has amplified to the point where half the little ****** i come across in my hood are on Percs,Zans,Molly, Lean etc etc. there is a absolute change in how this was viewed now compared to even 10 years ago.

No one is denying drugs been around

It’s just cool now to be the junkie and not the dealer

No one is denying drugs been around

It’s just cool now to be the junkie and not the dealer

No....it wasn’t cool to be a crackhead or dope fiend who injects (and it still isn’t cool)...

But people looked the other way on other “designer drugs” that were done heavily at the time. Coke, E, Weed, Lean, Sherm, Pills etc.

Them ***** was rapping about selling drugs....and the next bar, would talk about smoking Sherm :lol:. We just have more awareness now. There’s always been “junkie rappers”.

Y’all dudes would call ODB a “mumble rapper” if he came out today.

#1 song on the rap charts - Rockstar
"Ayy, I've been ****in' **** and poppin' pillies"

#4 - Gucci Gang
"My *** love do cocaine, ooh"
"My lean cost more than your rent, it do"
"Me and my grandma take meds, ouu"

#6 - I Get The Bag
"Percocet pill on me (Percocet)"
"Double my cup, pour a triple (Actavis)"
"Cocaine and lean, it's federal (White)"

#8 - Unforgettable
"I got a little drink but it's not Bacardi"
"I'm gonna sip on this drink, when I'm ****ed up"

#10 - Motorsport
"Cotton candy (drink), my cup tastes like the fair (cotton)"
"Xans, Percy, check (yeah) Bill Belichick"

this is ONLY the top 10 songs in hiphop right now & half the list mentions some form of pills or lean..... yet the promotion of hard drug use isn't higher than ever
tenor.gif

No....it wasn’t cool to be a crackhead or dope fiend who injects (and it still isn’t cool)...

But people looked the other way on other “designer drugs” that were done heavily at the time. Coke, E, Weed, Lean, Sherm, Pills etc.

Them ***** was rapping about selling drugs....and the next bar, would talk about smoking Sherm :lol:. We just have more awareness now. There’s always been “junkie rappers”.

Y’all dudes would call ODB a “mumble rapper” if he came out today.

You argue like Joe

Name all these rappers that talked about drugs other than weed, besides Wu?

And theres ALOT more from where that came from in hip hop. From the 80s til the late 00’s.

To take it a lil back a lil.....

:pimp:

It's funny that you're going through decades and genres to come up with names and think your argument is legit :lol:

Wavy you posting a few songs throughout the 90's and early 00's. Lol

It's a whole sub genre of fiend/druggy rap now. _'s are making FULL PROJECTS talking about lean and pills. UGK wasn't rapping about lean close to this much. The only people that was talking about hardcore drug use this much was the Hypnotize Minds camp. This ain't even close.

Dont even see how its arguable at this point. Being the drug user is the thing now, it has not always been like that. Dont care how man lean sippin references are posted from 00s, its the not the same.

Its like saying face tattoos are more prevalent now and then saying rappers been having tattoos as the counter argument. Nah man.

Back
Top Bottom