Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

50 most def is a legend, it’s just his discography stinks early on. He’s like an NBA/NFL player whose skills badly eroded and bounced from team to team hanging on too long. And it’s not even the rapping that’s the problem, his production stinks and straight up doesn’t know how to craft a song anymore.

50 is a legend but his discography ain’t touching Ross. A lot of 50 **** aged bad too.

Eventhough he started doing the Ja **** (singing/rapping) he could’ve kept it as simple as this and would’ve been ok

50 is a legend but his discography ain’t touching Ross. A lot of 50 **** aged bad too.
Exactly. Like, I'm not talking about clout, fame, or any of that.

I'm just talking about the music itself. 50 is a legend to his generation of fans, my high school self included. But the amount of folks that's going to be spinning old 50 tracks in 30 years is going to be so freaking slim...it will just be our old asses, and maybe a few of our kids.

And that is why, to me, he's not a legend. He won't stand the test of time.

And again, this is just an artist. If I lump in everything that he's done and had success with...if I was going to list legends based on who an upcoming rapper should look up to in terms of financial success and business moves beyond music, he'd definitely be one. But that's not the discussion to me.

I used to play this song all the time. That wasn’t actually an old Nate Dogg was it? Every time I checked for that vid it said “featuring Nate Dogg”

Nah, i never heard that version

Eventhough Usher was supposed to be on it, 50 did ok IMO harmonizing it...that was his pocket for a while

Eventhough he started doing the Ja **** (singing/rapping) he could’ve kept it as simple as this and would’ve been ok

It was a genius shot to take at Ja...amazing how it murdered a flourishing career. But it was always hypocritical.

I remember when he dropped Magic Stick and went on 106 & Park and they called him on that **** to his face...he had no response. Straight said he was "Pulling a Ja, singing"

I’m not going back and forth with you *****s, man. :lol:
Opinions are like booty holes.

Everyone has one and the vast majority of them stink.

Again, I'd put 50 in the legend status if I was going to show a young cat who wants to make it in rap and entertainment who to model themselves after.

But if we talking just music, 50 aint it.

Dipset & State Prop > G - Unit.

So you already know where I lie with this. Cam & them. 50 a legend for how he had the game on an absolute chokehold...with great music consecutively for a period of time. And the ENERGY that was felt. But After Beg for Mercy and The Massacre...Fif was cold. He had a nice lor 3-4 year run (02-05/06). By 07..... he lost it.

Hold up

Y’all don’t remember 50 was about to hit us with a Euro Dance album? :lol: This was bad

Dipset & State Prop > G - Unit.

So you already know where I lie with this. Cam & them. 50 a legend for how he had the game on an absolute chokehold...with great music consecutively for a period of time. And the ENERGY that was felt. But After Beg for Mercy and The Massacre...Fif was cold. He had a nice lor 3-4 year run (02-05/06). By 07..... he lost it.

I always mention how much of a G-Unit stan I was, and it was incredible seeing the shift from them being untouchable to always getting touched.

G-Unit wasn’t the same after this point. Nothing was hitting like it was before this came out.
57E59337-55D7-4D65-82F0-2AF5CDEB2FCD.jpeg

There were still some good mixtapes coming out (Elephant In The Sand, Bodysnatchers, and some others), but you could feel the decline swiftly happening. Being a G-Unit fan post-06 was probably like wearing the flyest Sketchers right now.

Why does someone being corny bother y’all so much :lol: do y’all go outside? Only Hang with certified *****s and shooters? Sounds like a sad existence to me. *****s gotta be cool for you to listen to they music? Even if it’s good? That’s weird

Also...random(doesn’t really apply to music) but necessary, it’s always black folks calling somebody corny. Literally the silliest critique of a person you can make...what about their character? Are they a good person? *****s stay worrying about how somebody talk, how they dress...etc. it’s beyond me.

The fan of all corny rappers speaks.

"It's always black folks..." :lol:

Sound silly as hell.

Back
Top Bottom