Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Summer Reign

wow.png

This

If that's your opinion

Why do people bring up Dre, but not Kanye

and why doesn't Daz sound the same

Because there’s footage of Kanye chopping beats that went on to become classics and there are producers who as far back as Gin and Juice say he was taking their beats (Emmanuel pork chop Lewis apparent did gin juice)

Lol Ambitionz, Cali Love, Lets Play house was all daz wym why doesn’t daz sound the same

I’ve seen first hand with the little **** taking off around me that credits get determined based on who got the connections and making the play go thru. Dudes credit get taken off of beats they co produce for not wanting to sign rape contracts or not being in the room when it’s presented to the artist :lol:

So you can only imagine in the early 90’s when it was infinitely less opportunities

Because there’s footage of Kanye chopping beats that went on to become classics and there are producers who as far back as Gin and Juice say he was taking their beats (Emmanuel pork chop Lewis apparent did gin juice)

Lol Ambitionz, Cali Love, Lets Play house was all daz wym why doesn’t daz sound the same

I’ve seen first hand with the little **** taking off around me that credits get determined based on who got the connections and making the play go thru. Dudes credit get taken off of beats they co produce for not wanting to sign rape contracts or not being in the room when it’s presented to the artist :lol:

So you can only imagine in the early 90’s when it was infinitely less opportunities

Dre had classic albums before The Chronic

This _ Ross did it again. Anybody denying his body of work is just blind at this point. Son has consistently dropped high quality music.

That Wayne verse on MM6 is so trash. Pusha smoked his *** on that. Shoulda just kept Push on it and took Wayne off but I know Ross is super tight with Wayne.

Nah, Ross tryna put money in Wayne pocket :lol: :rofl:

The term "ghost producer" doesn't really make any sense. It's been explained ad nauseaum what the difference between production and beat making are.

For all the people that think Daz, Storch, etc. are "ghost producing" for Dre...guarantee you remove Dre from each equation and the music would be DRASTICALLY different.

Listen to Dre and then listen to a Daz or Storch song and it's no comparison.

Daz had nothing to do with Califonia Love. That was Dre and Chris "the glove" Taylor.

There's also footage of Mike Dean making beats for Kanye. After College Dropout Kanye had a whole rack of producers working with him. That's why his production got "bigger" after that.

Ain't no secret how Kanye works :lol:

https://djbooth.net/features/2018-06-03-kanye-west-ghostcreators-james-fauntleroy

And this ain't a bad thing. Dre and Kanye are conductors. They orchestrate ****. It's a reason why both of them have worked on so many classic albums. There's way more to being a producer than making the beat. Every producer works other producers. Dre had Daz and Daz has said it out his own mouth that Dre taught him everything and gave him a sound. Dre worked with Scott Storch too but Scott Storch sound ain't that good by himself. Tim had Danja and Tim OBVIOUSLY taught Danja and gave him a sound. Rza worked with other producers. Probably the only ones I never heard had "ghost producers" is Quik and Premo.

Dre had classic albums before The Chronic

That's another thing. :lol:

People get so caught up in tryna "expose" Dr Dre they don't really don't know the work he's put in. NWA, Eazy, The Doc. He produced a classic R&B record before NWA.

Listen to Dre and then listen to a Daz or Storch song and it's no comparison.

Dre mixed and added stuff to the Dogg Food album. That album does not sound that polished w/o Dre's input.

Back
Top Bottom