Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Jay thought they did
That’s why jay the snake z mentioned him in excuse me miss my remember he referred to him and em as being within the same standard
Yeah we know Nelly sold records.

Nelly was never looked at as one of the best rappers. His albums was never looked at as the best rap album in any year. His music was fun and got girls going, that's it.

:lol: we really talking about running rap from some radio singles.

Who's running rap this year? Heated battle between Lil Pump and Post malone. Let's see who ends the year stronger.

:lol:. I’d say...Kendrick or Future

Future got 3 #1 albums this year....including 2 platinum ones....

And still got the streets on smash....but it’s cool to front on Super. Who can tour the globe, then hit the bring the trenches out like this?

All the smoke :pimp:.

Yeah we know Nelly sold records.

Nelly was never looked at as one of the best rappers. His albums was never looked at as the best rap album in any year. His music was fun and got girls going, that's it.

He made rap music, he rapped on his albums and was in the rap genre. He ran rap. Having the best rap album doesn't matter. Nelly sold way more, his music was everywhere.

I would give it to Kendrick over Future this year. Feel like I hear Kendrick's music more and I hear more people talk about Kendrick than Future. I also don't hear people talk about Future's music much or play it.

He made rap music, he rapped on his albums and was in the rap genre. He ran rap. Having the best rap album doesn't matter. Nelly sold way more, his music was everywhere.

I would give it to Kendrick over Future this year. Feel like I hear Kendrick's music more and I hear more people talk about Kendrick than Future. I also don't hear people talk about Future's music much or play it.
Yeah if it’s best rap album
Ross would have it imo this year :smh:
Now if he dies tragically
And not from chokin on some lemon pepper wings
But in a hail of gunfire then he would get the the respect he deserves

Yeah he rapped party/radio friendly records. Like I said I bought Nelly's albums but even back then I knew what Nelly was. He was not looked as a Jay or X or Em or Nas or 50.

Plus Jay brought us Beans, Kanye, Bleek, SP...

Nelly brought us Murphy Lee

...Nelly also brought us pimp juice, vokal, apple bottoms :pimp:, tip drill video, classic Nike Collaborations...

Jay my guy too but, Nelly was top 3 from 2000-2003 as far as mainstream rappers

...Nelly also brought us pimp juice, vokal, apple bottoms :pimp:, tip drill video, classic Nike Collaborations...

Jay my guy too but, Nelly was top 3 from 2000-2003 as far as mainstream rappers

How many records you sold is irrelevant. That just means a lot of white people and 16 year old kids like you.

That's why he's about as relevant today as Vanilla Ice

Didn't think I'd see the day Soulja boys offsprings like lil pump would be considered running rap as a whole. I must've missed some context in this conversation.

:lol:. I’d say...Kendrick or Future

Future got 3 #1 albums this year....including 2 platinum ones....

And still got the streets on smash....but it’s cool to front on Super. Who can tour the globe, then hit the bring the trenches out like this?

All the smoke :pimp:.

all facts. damn has future beat in pure quality but as far as touching every demographic future got it

did that ***** just say lil pump?

all facts. damn has future beat in pure quality but as far as touching every demographic future got it

did that ***** just say lil pump?

You ain’t even gotta shoot dope no more. The music itself is frying n_ brains :lol::lol::lol:

Lil Pump and that gay dude with the rainbow teeth grill are prime examples

ctg is an idiot

he contradicted his own points by quoting jay z saying he wasn’t white hot

stop it

**** outta here boy
Bruh I’m serious
When it initially released
Besides the opening scene
And terell hicks
And a few other scenes
Folks thought it wasn’t good
But just it being a movie from our “culture”