Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

If dude is looked at as lyrically the best and he's selling a great amount of records that means a lot of people bump his ****. Unless you personally know people that's lying. Lol

it’s essentially the same thing we were talking bout with jay z

they’re trying to position kendrick as the hottest out but he’s not

he’s def one of the best out but not the hottest

I don’t think I’ve heard anyone playing his music since swimming pools

but i see writeups and reviews

but someone like future I hear his music daily

Guess that's just the area you in bruh. Cuz I always hear people playing his ****. His music is in multiple commercials, NBA and NFL stuff. And he done sold a big amount so people bumping it.

The best usually isn't the hottest. Between the power players in hip hop, its clear Kendrick is the best

Similar to how many will tell you Nas is a better lyricist than Jay, yet Jay has the game on lock

Guess that's just the area you in bruh. Cuz I always hear people playing his ****. His music is in multiple commercials, NBA and NFL stuff. And he done sold a big amount so people bumping it.

I worked in cali for bout 5 or 6 months and heard more future in cali than kendrick

album and mixtape cuts

and it was my coworkers who noticed it before me

and I said label and media positioned his music in a certain way so yeah you’ll hear it on tv

The only joint I hear “out” is Loyalty

Could make the argument it’s because of the feature

I worked in cali for bout 5 or 6 months and heard more future in cali than kendrick

album and mixtape cuts

and it was my coworkers who noticed it before me

and I said label and media positioned his music in a certain way so yeah you’ll hear it on tv
You probably would hear Futures music more cuz his music is geared more towards clubs and the amount of music Future puts out. I've heard more Future over the last 2 years than anybody. Kendrick gets a lot of play though. He's been killing this year. This ain't no industry tricks.

Not sure how Kendrick can’t be considered the hottest guy out. Him, Drake, and Future get more play than probably anyone else out.

We all know Future the one. He just don’t fit the image to gain the critical acclaim he deserves from the Grammys type media.

Your favorite rappers been using Super’s flow, or running to his producers, trying to mimick his different sounds, asking for a feature, co touring with him or featuring on his biggest singles over the past 3 years. Everybody from Kendrick, Drake, Big Sean....you name it....Even Jay Z and Nas to a low level Atlanta trapper want to stand next to the light.
Didnt he write drunk in love?

out of the big 4 (kendrick future drake cole), Future seems to get the most play

It’s Kendrick and Future. They touch the same demos...in different ways. And impact from heartfelt records for hip hop...to pop records for the masses and everything in between.

Those guys get it. And transition seamlessly in between. Only difference is..Kendrick has more of a critical appeal because he’s a better technical rapper and more in your face and in depth over social issues over production that tells you “this is deep/conscious”. Future touches the same ***** that Kendrick does...in a different way over production that’s darker...with more slang and lingo with flows and production that he helped push to the mainstream that are easily dismissed because people copy him :lol:.

Those two got the ball right now. And I’m fine with hip hop if Kendrick and Future are giving you balance and jewels.

We need to get away from the troll rappers exploiting hip hop with social media backing though. That’s the one you gotta watch for. Weird al yankovich types are finally making real tangible records that resonate. That’s problematic.

love is one of my favorite songs

most examples I’m seeing is tv placements tho

I’m talking bout people playing it on there own

Back
Top Bottom