Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

beastie boys (license to ill, paul's boutique and a few one off singles like 3 emcees and 1 dj)
em's first two albums
bubba sparxxx (like son said he had flow and production)
lil wyte
action Bronson from rare chandeliers and back.

I rock with them. not necessarily in 2020 but I won't slander them/those projects either.

everyone else can go thataway tho.

You sound just as ignorant as a white guy saying "I can't listen to a black country singer" or a man saying "I can't vote for a woman to be POTUS." If you have to reference race when giving a critique, you're better off just not speaking on it bc you're just showing your ignorance when you do.

515DC26B-C9B8-42D6-AE4C-90B2F7F80664.gif

Only white rappers I’ve ever ****ed with is Em and Lil Wyte.

I thought Puff was gonna make that white rapper Kain a star. I remember T Bo from NL. Bubba was wack to me. Asher Roth, Logic, G Eazy and all of that **** ain’t for me. Y’all can have that Pop Rap aka Gentrified Rap.

Paul Wall, Lil Wyte, Em (98-03). That’s pretty much it for me.

Bubba had flow and he had timbo on production. Wack? You crazy bruh.

Timbaland one of my favorite producers and he was in a zone for that “Beat Club” movement bug Bubba garbage. Voice and flow was weak as hell. Sounded like a dumb *** redneck.

Y’all don’t like white rappers... but y’all love y’all some white womens :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Not I

Only white rappers I’ve ever ****ed with is Em and Lil Wyte.

I thought Puff was gonna make that white rapper Kain a star. I remember T Bo from NL. Bubba was wack to me. Asher Roth, Logic, G Eazy and all of that **** ain’t for me. Y’all can have that Pop Rap aka Gentrified Rap.
Paul wall is cool. Drake is a decent white rapper.

I think a lot of us avoided Mac because he was basically a frat rapper up until then. He was seemingly supposed to be Logic/G Eazy but basically abandoned that lane and started getting in his artiste bag. He pissed off all his old fans in the process too :lol::smh:

Gotta remember he came on the coattails of Wiz. We viewed Wiz a lil differently because he was black and doing the Biggavelli stuff but he was essentially a frat/college rapper as well :lol:

Probably why I was never a fan of either. I did like some of Mac's features though.

Cool? There aren't ownership rights to styles of music. Anyone can make any genre. Disliking someone doing a specific genre based on their race is ignorant. Period.
hmm...

i'll play devils advocate.
you only feel that way due to white privilege. we live in a world where you can hop in and out of whatever culture you want with no real consequences, especially ones that your ppl have a hand in due to the negative impact on us all...is wild but it is what it is.

hip hop (for example) and r&b don't exist without struggle...without the enslavement and the historical and continued suppression and oppression of black ppl. who are you to say who can and should do what in a genre you didn't invent? that was only invented out of struggling once we were sold and resold?

we have ownership and we are vocal all 2020 and beyond. my ppl should be vocal and we should take whats rightfully ours. this includes acknowledgement of every last accomplishment on this planet. period.

also copywrite.

Man idc what u talking about, we can’t relate to no damn Eminem. Technically can he rap, yes but he makes terrible songs. I’m from the city he claim and nobody **** with him that ain’t white. The barbershop had a good chuckle listening to his last album.

hmm...

i'll play devils advocate.
you only feel that way due to white privilege. we live in a world where you can hop in and out of whatever culture you want with no real consequences, especially ones that your ppl have a hand in due to the negative impact on us all...is wild but it is what it is.

hip hop (for example) and r&b don't exist without struggle...without the enslavement and the historical and continued suppression and oppression of black ppl. who are you to say who can and should do what in a genre you didn't invent? that was only invented out of struggling once we were sold and resold?

we have ownership and we are vocal all 2020 and beyond. my ppl should be vocal and we should take whats rightfully ours. this includes acknowledgement of every last accomplishment on this planet. period.

also copywrite.
Disagree. I am of the belief that anyone should be able to do anything. Race ownership of anything is dumb and we'd be better off if everyone saw it that way.

Disagree. I am of the belief that anyone should be able to do anything. Race ownership of anything is dumb and we'd be better off if everyone saw it that way.
of course you would tho. that's white privilege in a nutshell.
everyone is NOT able to do anything. my ppl have to be allowed to do anything at all including being allowed to be acknowledged for our accomplishments. we aren't truly free. the things we've accomplished...a lot of it has been taken and history has been rewritten to support your ppl inventing these things. that's another topic tho but it def pertains to music. we aren't able to even be the face of some of our own ****. that should be appalling to anyone.

of course you would tho. that's white privilege in a nutshell.
everyone is NOT able to do anything. my ppl have to be allowed to do anything at all including being allowed to be acknowledged for our accomplishments. we aren't truly free. the things we've accomplished...a lot of it has been taken and history has been rewritten to support your ppl inventing these things. that's another topic tho but it def pertains to music. we aren't able to even be the face of some of our own ****. that should be appalling to anyone.
I realize everyone can't. I never said differently. The way Lil Nas X was treated by the country charts was ****** up. I said as much then. I said everyone SHOULD be able to do whatever they want. I'ts pure ignorance to dislike someone's ability bc of the skin tone. Black, white, brown, purple, blue, doesn't matter. Everyone SHOULD be able to do anything they want and be judged off their content, not skin tone. If everyone thought that way, we'd be much better off.

Back
Top Bottom